Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


MAD about Mad Men

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #166
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

So...how did we all feel about the season finale?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #167
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,591
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I had also thought Pete might be the one to determine his own fate, but never wanted it to be him. Pete Campbell is one of my favorite characters on the show

That said Lane Pryce was one of my favorite people on the show. But what an ending, what a sad and tragic ending to someone who was so under-appreciated for what he meant to the creation and emergence of SCDP.

Don's reaction was remarkable, probably thinking back to when his half-brother committed suicide by hanging himself.

Don had no relations with Helen Bishop, she was just the neighbor.
This was a awesome call by you! I read it and thought nah he was more shocked that he may have contributed to Lane's death but Don is too self centered for something like that to bother him. I also love how Don went to Lane's wife's house as though he was the Knight in Shinning Armor that was going to ease all her pain with the $50K check, ha that went over like a fart in church.

Overall good episode; I was looking for a bigger bomb shell to be dropped but it really never came. I guess Lane's death was the biggest bomb for this season.

I think the old Don comes back next year. Looked like he was flirting with trouble at the end there.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #168
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,847
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So...how did we all feel about the season finale?
Didn't have nearly the emotional impact of the previous two episodes, but I consider the finale a season epilogue anyway. I dug the dialogue between Don and Peggy in the theater. The meeting totally cleared some of the air that permeated the last one.

Loved the new office space.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #169
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This was a awesome call by you! I read it and thought nah he was more shocked that he may have contributed to Lane's death but Don is too self centered for something like that to bother him. I also love how Don went to Lane's wife's house as though he was the Knight in Shinning Armor that was going to ease all her pain with the $50K check, ha that went over like a fart in church.

Overall good episode; I was looking for a bigger bomb shell to be dropped but it really never came. I guess Lane's death was the biggest bomb for this season.

I think the old Don comes back next year. Looked like he was flirting with trouble at the end there.
If you think about it Don is like a priest. He's always listening to the confessions of others, consoling and giving advice, and telling others that tomorrow will be better. There are tons of examples.

His character is more spiritual and complex than we often give him credit for.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #170
Camp Scrub
 
Jak101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
Re: MAD about Mad Men

I have been completely undecided on whether to watch this show. Looks like I need to start now...
Jak101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #171
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,591
Re: MAD about Mad Men

So the 2 hour season premier was ho hum.

Megan's lack of clothes was the highlight for me.

Still I like Betty to lose the weight and get back to her hot little self.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #172
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So the 2 hour season premier was ho hum.

Megan's lack of clothes was the highlight for me.

Still I like Betty to lose the weight and get back to her hot little self.
Been meaning to respond to this.

The premier was slow moving, but that's to be expected at times from this show. But what made it cringe inducing for me was the scene where Betty is jokingly suggesting that her husband may want to rape her daughter's pre-teen friend. The whole exchange was so creepy and January Jones' delivery was, well I don't even have the words.

Last Sunday's episode was much better. Really interested to see what will develop with this Bob Benson guy. Think something is up there
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #173
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,591
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Peter finally got caught; which was interesting. Last Sundays (4/14) was a good episode.


I may have grown old of this show now but with little else on I will continue to watch.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #174
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Interesting

Megan Draper As Sharon Tate Is The Greatest 'Mad Men' Theory
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #175
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,591
Re: MAD about Mad Men

I am still watching it has gotten better as the season went on. I am not hooked like I was in past seasons though.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #176
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

So glad to see Betty back
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #177
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Been meaning to respond to this.

The premier was slow moving, but that's to be expected at times from this show. But what made it cringe inducing for me was the scene where Betty is jokingly suggesting that her husband may want to rape her daughter's pre-teen friend. The whole exchange was so creepy and January Jones' delivery was, well I don't even have the words.

Last Sunday's episode was much better. Really interested to see what will develop with this Bob Benson guy. Think something is up there
I had been hearing/reading speculation that Bob Benson is the next Don Draper (starts off eager to please like young Don, isn't what he claims to be-Dick Wittman). And we're starting to get some hints of that
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #178
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,591
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I had been hearing/reading speculation that Bob Benson is the next Don Draper (starts off eager to please like young Don, isn't what he claims to be-Dick Wittman). And we're starting to get some hints of that
He has all of one season left to shine.

I watch this show out of respect that the first 4 seasons were killer but I hate to say it but Mad Men has jump the shark.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #179
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
He has all of one season left to shine.

I watch this show out of respect that the first 4 seasons were killer but I hate to say it but Mad Men has jump the shark.
Last two or three episodes have been pretty strong in my opinion.

I heard an interview a couple of weeks back with a Lionsgate exec. And he not so subtly hinted that next season wouldn't be the last season of Mad Men. I don't know if they're planning some post Draper life for the show, a spin off, or some have suggested a "prequel" but it was the first time I'd heard it. Still, it sounded like Lionsgate and Matthew Weiner are seriously talking about extending the series somehow.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26720 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25