Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


MAD about Mad Men

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 AM   #46
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So ... how long do we give Henry? Think he makes it to the halfway mark?

Loved the whole "Grass is greener" monologue by Draper while Henry is out mowing the greener grass. It's your lawn now buddy - have fun. Nice.
Did Betty take a stab at him for not having a house for them? He's living in his house, mowing his lawn and wants to raise his kids and doesn't want him to show up at his kid's birthday...is he jsarno?

Henery has to go...clearly Don doesn't want to hookup with those two hot women.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-15-2010 at 04:26 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Did Betty take a stab at him for not having a house for them? He's living in his house, mowing his lawn and wants to raise his kids and doesn't want him to show up at his kid's birthday...is he jsrno?

Henery has to go...clearly Don doesn't want to hookup with those two hot women.
You don't think he really likes Dr. Faye? I'm getting a sense that he's actually moving on from Betty... the fact he didn't take Faye home when she initiates the idea reflects Dick Whitman more than Don Draper. I also notice he's always pouring his guts out to her whenever they're talking... then again, extracting others' thoughts is part of her skill set. Don's clearly not a talker when it comes to his feelings, but whenever he's around Faye, he can't help himself.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 AM   #48
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
You don't think he really likes Dr. Faye? I'm getting a sense that he's actually moving on from Betty... the fact he didn't take Faye home when she initiates the idea reflects Dick Whitman more than Don Draper. I also notice he's always pouring his guts out to her whenever they're talking... then again, extracting others' thoughts is part of her skill set. Don's clearly not a talker when it comes to his feelings, but whenever he's around Faye, he can't help himself.
At the beginning when they first met he definitely wanted to hit it. Now, I think he has mixed feelings about her and because of their professional entanglement he doesn't want to just hit and run...then again the fact that her father knows some people might make one just run.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #49
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Since when has "professional entanglements" ever been a problem for Draper? I think he is moving on and what itventop said.

Also, I think Betty's "you don't want to live in the house" remark was following from the earlier part of the story line that Henry & Betty were supposed to be paying rent to Don or selling the house. Henry wanted to move out and start "new". Betty didn't.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #50
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

yeah why are they still in the house?

Also, Gene is the worst name for a baby. I know it was her dad's name but it still stinks.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #51
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Since when has "professional entanglements" ever been a problem for Draper? I think he is moving on and what itventop said.

Also, I think Betty's "you don't want to live in the house" remark was following from the earlier part of the story line that Henry & Betty were supposed to be paying rent to Don or selling the house. Henry wanted to move out and start "new". Betty didn't.
Ever since that chick broke down I think. He has two chicks, one he never calls and only takes out once a month and one he takes home. I'm sorry, Don is not the old Don. He wants Betty back and the way she looked at him at the end? Priceless....she wants him back too. Henry is a goner for sure.

Henry wanted to move out with no plan as to where...I think he wanted to pay rent somewhere else and she figured this is a great house and better place for us to live. Either way, she wares the pants in the house.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-16-2010 at 11:33 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #52
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Little late to the game for Sundays episode but it was good one IMO.

I was pissing my pants when the old lady died! OMG I have not laughed at the TV like that in a long time. I am actually going to miss her she was pretty funny but her replacement looks pretty nice!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #53
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,009
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Little late to the game for Sundays episode but it was good one IMO.

I was pissing my pants when the old lady died! OMG I have not laughed at the TV like that in a long time. I am actually going to miss her she was pretty funny but her replacement looks pretty nice!
I just read that the actress who played Ms. Blankenship is the same woman who played Daniel-San's mom in The Karate Kid. I find that funny. And yes, she was great on the show but Don's new secretary is pretty damn hot.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I just read that the actress who played Ms. Blankenship is the same woman who played Daniel-San's mom in The Karate Kid. I find that funny. And yes, she was great on the show but Don's new secretary is pretty damn hot.

That is a fun fact!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #55
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Wow, both Lane and Don are pussies. I like Lane's father....wack!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Wow, both Lane and Don are pussies. I like Lane's father....wack!

Why would a playboy bunny like lane? Oh wait I figured it out, money.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #57
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Don is a f'ing genius! It's going to suck having to wait another year after next weeks episode.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #58
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Don is a f'ing genius! It's going to suck having to wait another year after next weeks episode.

Oh next week is the last episode, damn! Last week was good. Any episode with Betty is good!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #59
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: MAD about Mad Men

They really turned Betty into a first class cunt.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: MAD about Mad Men

I will have to say a pretty hum drum season finale.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34623 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25