Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My father went down yesterday to tie up everything (grill, pic nic table, kayake,). We are in Rodanthe, and he said to the traffic going leaving was bumper to bumper leaving...he cut through NC and came up 95 instead of 168. Folks down there I think are going have a time with this one. The surf last weekend was almost to the main dune on beach already...
So your place is in Rodanthe? Nice. Ours is on the 8th mile marker across from the Wright Brother Momorial Light House. I just went on 168 in Chesapeake and its bumper to bumper and its probably going to be like that late into the night.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #17
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,800
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

can someone explain this one to me?

BreakingNews

Update on Earl: Massachusetts governor declares state of emergency - AP about 1 hour ago via breakingnews.com
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;727086]can someone explain this one to me?

BreakingNews

Update on Earl: Massachusetts governor declares state of emergency - AP about 1 hour ago via breakingnews.com[/QUOTE

They do that so they can get federal assistance quicker. All the states in this area have delared a state of emergency. That was one of the issues in NO and Katrina.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #19
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,958
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So your place is in Rodanthe? Nice. Ours is on the 8th mile marker across from the Wright Brother Momorial Light House. I just went on 168 in Chesapeake and its bumper to bumper and its probably going to be like that late into the night.
Nice, yeah there is mobile gas station/coveniance stop along the beach road around milepost 8 I like to stop at and grab beer (good selection) and they make pretty kick ass subs too. Also Pigman BBQ around mile post 8 is freakin my favorite. Pigmens also has some Skins stuff hanging up inside as well, pretty f'in cool. So driving in im always stopping round there.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Nice, yeah there is mobile gas station/coveniance stop along the beach road around milepost 8 I like to stop at and grab beer (good selection) and they make pretty kick ass subs too. Also Pigman BBQ around mile post 8 is freakin my favorite. Pigmens also has some Skins stuff hanging up inside as well, pretty f'in cool. So driving in im always stopping round there.
The store is Stop n Shop and yes they do make kick ass sandwiches. Its 3 blocks from our place. We keep a menu in our beach bag and call ein our order for lunch. If you want something kick ass go by Johns around the 4 mile marker on the beach road and get the fish boat or sandwhich. Its a littl dive with just a few tables out side but their food is great. They also have very good milk shakes with about 50 different flavors.
Stop N Shop Gourmet Deli & Beach Shop

John's Drive In in Kitty Hawk is an Outer Banks Landmark
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #21
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
can someone explain this one to me?

BreakingNews

Update on Earl: Massachusetts governor declares state of emergency - AP about 1 hour ago via breakingnews.com
It was projected to hit Long Island and Cape Cod...possibly continue to Nova Scotia!

Does seem a little premature, but hey...better than Louisiana's State reponse.

"Everyone to the buses!"

"There are no bus drivers!"

"Everyone to the Superdome!"



Lessons must have been learned.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,800
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Yeah that's it.

I saw later the expected track of the storm, and they had hurricane force storms going right over Long Island/cape cod (must be God's judgement on the liberal northeast!). Originally I thought Earl was supposed to turn back out to see
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Pretty much a non event here in our area. I'll have to say Va. Power was ready I passed two hotels on the way to worked packed with utility trucks.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #24
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,958
Re: Snow, Heat, and Earl?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The store is Stop n Shop and yes they do make kick ass sandwiches. Its 3 blocks from our place. We keep a menu in our beach bag and call ein our order for lunch. If you want something kick ass go by Johns around the 4 mile marker on the beach road and get the fish boat or sandwhich. Its a littl dive with just a few tables out side but their food is great. They also have very good milk shakes with about 50 different flavors.
Stop N Shop Gourmet Deli & Beach Shop

John's Drive In in Kitty Hawk is an Outer Banks Landmark
Yes stop n shop...greeeeeeat place. Eye candy is always looming in there as well. Ill have to check out Johns.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20349 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25