Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Your Opinion on Facebook

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I actually think its pretty freaking gay for guys to have a face book account but I'm pretty old school. I also don't tweet and have never sent a text msg.
Says the guy who posts on a message board with total strangers
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,611
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

And guys invented FB so...
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's different.
How so?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #34
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

I have no desire whatsoever to join Facebook. Most of my friends are on there, and you know what? I still keep up with them just fine. Between email and text messages, that's enough. It's just such a huge time suck. When I was on MySpace, I would get sucked in and next thing I knew I had been in front of the computer for like 2 hours.

Plus like Schneed says- all the privacy issues are a big turn-off - Facebook "accidentally" leaks access to user names and passwords, etc etc. No thanks. I just don't feel any need to put my business out there, even if I can control the privacy settings (right up until Facebook screws up and has yet another privacy breakdown).
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
In lots of ways.
Hell of a response. You're the Glen Williams of this thread
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How so?
Facebook isn't anonymous. I'm not sure how posting on the Warpath is anything like Facebook, aside from the fact they're both on the internet.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 10-29-2010 at 12:57 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I have no desire whatsoever to join Facebook. Most of my friends are on there, and you know what? I still keep up with them just fine. Between email and text messages, that's enough. It's just such a huge time suck. When I was on MySpace, I would get sucked in and next thing I knew I had been in front of the computer for like 2 hours.

Plus like Schneed says- all the privacy issues are a big turn-off - Facebook "accidentally" leaks access to user names and passwords, etc etc. No thanks. I just don't feel any need to put my business out there, even if I can control the privacy settings (right up until Facebook screws up and has yet another privacy breakdown).
I created a GMScud profile on Facebook so now I just pretend to be you on there

I think the huge time suck thing is sort of what you make of it. I mean if you get caught up in the games and all that then yeah but if you just check it on occassion as a quick way to catch up with friends and family then it's not so much, in my opinion. One thing it's good for, in my opinion, is as a shared photo album with friends and family.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #38
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I have no desire whatsoever to join Facebook. Most of my friends are on there, and you know what? I still keep up with them just fine. Between email and text messages, that's enough. It's just such a huge time suck. When I was on MySpace, I would get sucked in and next thing I knew I had been in front of the computer for like 2 hours.

Plus like Schneed says- all the privacy issues are a big turn-off - Facebook "accidentally" leaks access to user names and passwords, etc etc. No thanks. I just don't feel any need to put my business out there, even if I can control the privacy settings (right up until Facebook screws up and has yet another privacy breakdown).

This basically answers the question how this board is different then being on FB. Good job GM!

To me facebook is cyber small talk, I hate when someone calls me from the past out of the blue and you have to go through your life story about what has been going on.

I am horrible with staying in touch with folks. If you are "in my life" right now great but once we move on good luck to you.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Facebook isn't unanimous. I'm not sure how posting on the Warpath is anything like Facebook, aside from the fact they're both on the internet.
Did you mean anonymous?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #40
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did you mean anonymous?

Haha...I was totally trying to make out the word too! I was like, huh?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,611
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Facebook isn't unanimous. I'm not sure how posting on the Warpath is anything like Facebook, aside from the fact they're both on the internet.
This place is configured differently, but they're both virtual communities, this place just has a more focused niche.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #42
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Anyway, facebook is facebook. What I mean is you go there to share details of your life through words and photos. On a very basic level, that's all there is to it. Some people take it to the extreme, others not so much.

Similarly many of us visit Warpath to post pictures from training camp, photos and videos of live football games, our man caves, spouses, babies, and friends. We discuss and share intimate details of our lives: Weddings, deaths and births, firings and hirings and everything in between. Hell, there's been more advice given here than Dr. Phil could only dream about! Seriously. Just about every damn thing under the sun is and has been discussed, analyzed, and dissected here on Warpath. We've made this into much more than just a football forum, we're a community. And that's what facebook is all about, your own little community that you shape.

I don't always come to Warpath to talk football. So to completely dismiss facebook as some freaky, new social phenomenon, to me, means that one isn't completely informed about what facebook is/isn't or they're not aware, or at least honest, about how they choose to interact with others here on Warpath in a very similiar way; as a social outlet.

I suppose on some level what we do here is less acceptable by social norms. I've never met any of you, yet I visit and talk to you almost daily. At least on facebook I know all the mofos I'm talking to. My 12 cents.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #43
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did you mean anonymous?
Lol. Yeah. haha. my bad.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Anyway, facebook is facebook. What I mean is you go there to share details of your life through words and photos. On a very basic level, that's all there is to it. Some people take it to the extreme, others not so much.

Similarly many of us visit Warpath to post pictures from training camp, photos and videos of live football games, our man caves, spouses, babies, and friends. We discuss and share intimate details of our lives: Weddings, deaths and births, firings and hirings and everything in between. Hell, there's been more advice given here than Dr. Phil could only dream about! Seriously. Just about every damn thing under the sun is and has been discussed, analyzed, and dissected here on Warpath. We've made this into much more than just a football forum, we're a community. And that's what facebook is all about, your own little community that you shape.

I don't always come to Warpath to talk football. So to completely dismiss facebook as some freaky, new social phenomenon, to me, means that one isn't completely informed about what facebook is/isn't or they're not aware, or at least honest, about how they choose to interact with others here on Warpath in a very similiar way; as a social outlet.

I suppose on some level what we do here is less acceptable by social norms. I've never met any of you, yet I visit and talk to you almost daily. At least on facebook I know all the mofos I'm talking to. My 12 cents.
Preach

The good news First and Scud, is that you've got a shot with Betty White. A shot I guess I'll never have since I'm on FaceBook...although Longtimefan might be more her cup of tea

Betty White Goes Wild - A-Line: the celebrity style blog - omg! on Yahoo
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #45
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Your Opinion on Facebook

You know what would be weird to me is to merge my facebook world and my Warpath world together. Like, I would never 'friend' any of you on facebook. Well, maybe Hessy but I digress

I really enjoy being unanimous.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31958 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25