Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Tupac or Biggie

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Who looks at a painting and says "I want to do that"? Who draws inspiration from that painting to mimic what they see? Hardly anyone does that. On the other hand who looks at a painting and says "that is magnificant". It all comes down to taste. You just don't have a tase for Gangsta rap. That is no different from someone who says that they might like nudity in a painting but to depict sodomy is taking it too far.
If you can depict sodomy in such a way as to evoke inspiration, then more power to you. I guess I'm just saying you guys are claiming way more noble intentions than exist. That's a judgement call, but it's what my cynical nature leads me to believe.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #77
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Most rap is utter trash and like with everything you have to look harder to find the gems.


Take this for example...there's nothing deep about it but it is one of the most awesome songs ever.

LOL. Well, yeah, even white boys got to shout...
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #78
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Nevermind
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #79
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Nevermind
For the record, I tried to click on the link. lol.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #80
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
For the record, I tried to click on the link. lol.
Yeah, might have been too graphic for this site.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #81
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Write a poem about your struggles and see how many albums it sells. Your distaste should not be about rap it should be for the society and lifestyle that caused it. Nobody wants to be a thug and promote that lifestyle, but they can only speak of their own experiences. America gets off on tragedy because the majority of the populatation experiences and embraces it because it's all the know.
I'd say their parents probably choose that life style and did nothing to better them self. I'm just glade that everyone that has talent from the inner city does not do so by selling death, drugs, and bitches. If thats the best you think he can do then I question his talent to begin with. I also have said I really don't blame them I blame MTV and other that promoted them and those life styles.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #82
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Who looks at a painting and says "I want to do that"? Who draws inspiration from that painting to mimic what they see? Hardly anyone does that. On the other hand who looks at a painting and says "that is magnificant". It all comes down to taste. You just don't have a tase for Gangsta rap. That is no different from someone who says that they might like nudity in a painting but to depict sodomy is taking it too far.
If you don't think kids are trying to copy these guys then you need to take the blinders off. Just watch any cops show or shows about gangs. I know gangs are not new here but having it main stream and making it cool is.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #83
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Most rap is utter trash and like with everything you have to look harder to find the gems.


Take this for example...there's nothing deep about it but it is one of the most awesome songs ever.

Butt thats pretty much a harmless song.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #84
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If you don't think kids are trying to copy these guys then you need to take the blinders off. Just watch any cops show or shows about gangs. I know gangs are not new here but having it main stream and making it cool is.

You are going to live whatever lifestyle you are going to live regardless of the music that you listen to or what you watch. Glamorization of it is only going to appeal to those that found it appealing in the first place.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #85
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Yeah, might have been too graphic for this site.
For those who wanted to know the original post read
Quote:
"If this doesn't inspire you to do something then I don't know what will".
Embeded in the word "this" was a picture of a woman with firm, tight, skin with ample sized sweater kittens giving a man special kisses and handshakes in his non gender specific neither region.

Last edited by KLHJ2; 11-02-2010 at 10:48 AM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,792
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
You are going to live whatever lifestyle you are going to live regardless of the music that you listen to or what you watch. Glamorization of it is only going to appeal to those that found it appealing in the first place.
Exactly.

It's not like Joey white kid in the burbs is going to turn gangsta after listening to The Chronic.

Blaming music for society's ills is just ridiculous.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #87
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Exactly.

It's not like Joey white kid in the burbs is going to turn gangsta after listening to The Chronic.

Blaming music for society's ills is just ridiculous.

Are you kidding me?????


Do you know how many Clowns are running around my hood becasue of the Insane Clown Posse! People take music to heart!

=)
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #88
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Are you kidding me?????


Do you know how many Clowns are running around my hood becasue of the Insane Clown Posse! People take music to heart!

=)

Awww jeah! Are you disrespectin my ninjas? Woop woop! We straight ice cold killas yo! Scary Clown Posse wassup!?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #89
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,651
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Awww jeah! Are you disrespectin my ninjas? Woop woop! We straight ice cold killas yo! Scary Clown Posse wassup!?
ICP is the worst music group of all time period.

But they did create this:
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #90
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ja Rule was freakin horrible

Yeah that was a joke. Everyone knows Ja Rule sucks
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30111 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25