Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Tupac or Biggie

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #121
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,635
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
[/B]

You answered your own question. The reason its gone on is because of the money and when people have spoke against it they got called racists. I'm not foolish enough to think that ever kid that listen to gangster rap will join a gang but the vulnerable children without guidance are at greater risk. They have the freedom to produce this crap but I don't have to agree that its good for our kids. I'm not blind I can see what is going on wth our youth.
Thats always the case, but to blame rap? comn' man.

Elvis gotta lotta hate when he came out and changed the face of music as well. People will always have a problem with art and the people who make it, been going since the beginning of time. Easy to blame. This country be pretty damn boring if everyone still sat around watching the Lawrence Welks show...
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #122
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Tupac or Biggie

I must say, I am NOT a fan of rap music in general, especially gangsta' rap. I realize a lot of that is because I can't relate to what the music is about. While others hear art, I hear a lot of stuff about violence and murder. Then again, I was a big fan of some heavy metal groups back in the day, Metallica and Iron Maiden. So, I'm sure those who hate heavy metal would probably have the same argument against that type of music as I would rap.

Then again, for me, it's not all rap I hate. I LOVE Run DMC back in the day! Their music was fun! Old school beastie Boys, Tone Loc....etc...that stuff was so much fun to listen to. But not gangsta' rap, at least not me.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #123
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Tupac or Biggie

both of these guys were irrelevant in main stream rap, until they got shot. go figure
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #124
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,189
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
both of these guys were irrelevant in main stream rap, until they got shot. go figure
huh? i beileive you are mistaken, tupac wasn't only rapping he was also acting, and i'm guessing you never heard the song hypnitoze
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #125
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Tupac or Biggie

They were both quite relevant before being shot & killed.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #126
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,635
Re: Tupac or Biggie

False Vampire Attack: Authorities Say 'Twilight' Fan Lied About Bite Marks - FoxNews.com

FD your right, lets add Twilight to the list on its negative impact. How can we clean this up?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #127
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Yeah i dont know whats up with firstdown going all Joe Liberman on us
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #128
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Tupac or Biggie

For first:

YouTube - Ron Paul & Tupac Changes V3 best version yet!!
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: Tupac or Biggie

All this talk about gangster rap is irrelevant today. "Gangster" rap has been dead for close to a decade. The current rappers who came from that genre have moved on to more dance-oriented tracks- Snoop, Dre (who produces more than raps anyway), etc. The "mainstream" acts like BEP and TI aren't even on the same skill level as cats back in the 90s (including gangster rappers)... and the content is all about partying and making it rain, anyway. The popular representatives of new school hip hop (like Kanye and Lupe Fiasco) are resonating with suburban kids... also a lot of hipster acceptance, if you will. Most of the stuff I listen to is considered "underground"- and none of those emcees are talking about killing people and dealing drugs.

And back when the 90s introduced the "gangster" genre, what would you have young black men from inner-cities rapping about? Jane Austen novels and tupperware parties? You may not like or even consider hip hop a legitimate form of music, but its longevity (when people were saying it was going to die out like a fad back when it started) and current dominance in the music world has proven otherwise. Gangster rappers, like any other rappers or singers, are artists of varying degrees. And artists- whether they're composing songs, writing books, shooting movies or designing a web site- express themselves by singular experience.

The "game" was the only thing some rappers knew. Pretty interesting that many parts of America had no idea what went on in the inner cities (gangs, corrupt cops, cycle of violence) before "Boyz N' The Hood" and "Menace II Society" hit the big screens. Do you think those movies shouldn't have been made either? It's pretty much the same thing- movies, music, and literature all bring a slice of life to an audience that can both relate to its content and those that are just now being introduced. Not all art is meant to be positive and uplifting. We can start heading down a slippery slope with video games, too (GTA, anyone?).
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #130
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Tupac or Biggie

^^ truth
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #131
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
All this talk about gangster rap is irrelevant today. "Gangster" rap has been dead for close to a decade. The current rappers who came from that genre have moved on to more dance-oriented tracks- Snoop, Dre (who produces more than raps anyway), etc. The "mainstream" acts like BEP and TI aren't even on the same skill level as cats back in the 90s (including gangster rappers)... and the content is all about partying and making it rain, anyway. The popular representatives of new school hip hop (like Kanye and Lupe Fiasco) are resonating with suburban kids... also a lot of hipster acceptance, if you will. Most of the stuff I listen to is considered "underground"- and none of those emcees are talking about killing people and dealing drugs.

And back when the 90s introduced the "gangster" genre, what would you have young black men from inner-cities rapping about? Jane Austen novels and tupperware parties? You may not like or even consider hip hop a legitimate form of music, but its longevity (when people were saying it was going to die out like a fad back when it started) and current dominance in the music world has proven otherwise. Gangster rappers, like any other rappers or singers, are artists of varying degrees. And artists- whether they're composing songs, writing books, shooting movies or designing a web site- express themselves by singular experience.

The "game" was the only thing some rappers knew. Pretty interesting that many parts of America had no idea what went on in the inner cities (gangs, corrupt cops, cycle of violence) before "Boyz N' The Hood" and "Menace II Society" hit the big screens. Do you think those movies shouldn't have been made either? It's pretty much the same thing- movies, music, and literature all bring a slice of life to an audience that can both relate to its content and those that are just now being introduced. Not all art is meant to be positive and uplifting. We can start heading down a slippery slope with video games, too (GTA, anyone?).
When i was a little kid i was home from school sick at my dad's house, he said he would get me a movie to watch. I ask for Dont be a Menace 2 South Central While Drinking Youre Juice in the Hood. He brought home Menace II Society. Thats when i grew up.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #132
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,635
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
All this talk about gangster rap is irrelevant today. "Gangster" rap has been dead for close to a decade. The current rappers who came from that genre have moved on to more dance-oriented tracks- Snoop, Dre (who produces more than raps anyway), etc. The "mainstream" acts like BEP and TI aren't even on the same skill level as cats back in the 90s (including gangster rappers)... and the content is all about partying and making it rain, anyway. The popular representatives of new school hip hop (like Kanye and Lupe Fiasco) are resonating with suburban kids... also a lot of hipster acceptance, if you will. Most of the stuff I listen to is considered "underground"- and none of those emcees are talking about killing people and dealing drugs.

And back when the 90s introduced the "gangster" genre, what would you have young black men from inner-cities rapping about? Jane Austen novels and tupperware parties? You may not like or even consider hip hop a legitimate form of music, but its longevity (when people were saying it was going to die out like a fad back when it started) and current dominance in the music world has proven otherwise. Gangster rappers, like any other rappers or singers, are artists of varying degrees. And artists- whether they're composing songs, writing books, shooting movies or designing a web site- express themselves by singular experience.

The "game" was the only thing some rappers knew. Pretty interesting that many parts of America had no idea what went on in the inner cities (gangs, corrupt cops, cycle of violence) before "Boyz N' The Hood" and "Menace II Society" hit the big screens. Do you think those movies shouldn't have been made either? It's pretty much the same thing- movies, music, and literature all bring a slice of life to an audience that can both relate to its content and those that are just now being introduced. Not all art is meant to be positive and uplifting. We can start heading down a slippery slope with video games, too (GTA, anyone?).
Thats corporate america for ya...a natural cycle. It takes anything it can make a buck off of and waters it down so it can mass produce it. Cheapens it and takes away value, thats the american way.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #133
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thats corporate america for ya...a natural cycle. It takes anything it can make a buck off of and waters it down so it can mass produce it. Cheapens it and takes away value, thats the american way.
Sure cheapens it and takes away some of the value, but it also makes it avialable to more people.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #134
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
Re: Tupac or Biggie

I really have not read through this thread but saw that this was available to stream on Netflix and it got good reviews. I may watch it but thought some on here would be interested.

Amazon.com: Tupac Uncensored and Uncut: The Lost Prison Tapes: Tupac Shakur, Ken Peters: Movies & TV
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #135
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Tupac or Biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thats corporate america for ya...a natural cycle. It takes anything it can make a buck off of and waters it down so it can mass produce it. Cheapens it and takes away value, thats the american way.
reminds me of when grunge was big and all of a sudden runway models were sporting flannels
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30546 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25