Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

I thought this might be a fun thread to start then after Xmas we can come back to it to see if Santa filled our Xmas wishes.


I didn't ask for anything and don't expect anything; which I don't care I just like seeing my son happy on Xmas morning.

Surprisingly though my MIL always gets me something that I enjoy; last year it was a good book.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,440
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Nothing that I really want, but my wife always does a great job at surprising me. I'll just casually mention things that I like throughout the year and boom, it's under the tree.

Sometimes I'll get something where I'm like wow, I mentioned this back in June how the heck did she remember?? She's great like that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,900
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

I never get anything anyways so....... but the fiancee did just get me an Xbox360
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

I don't want anything in particular though I would happily accept anything...especially a tree planted in my name.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,017
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Getting myself a new C/A system and stove...instead of a new car. Eff spending money and gaining debt.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't want anything in particular though I would happily accept anything...especially a tree planted in my name.
I can dig that! I never ask for anything that I can provide for myself, so help somebody else out and I'll gladly except some of the credit.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

After shedding a good portion of my sizable gut I need new clothes. Also, might as well ask for a video game or two while I'm at it.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

My birthday is this friday, the 17th, this year my wife combined my birthday gift and Christmas gift and got me a Bose home theater system the Lifestyle T20. I found all of this out yesterday when I came home and it was on my front porch. I spent last night hooking everything up, and tonight I can't wait to play COD...

Oh, I have to give her props on this, I would like to think that I have the best wife...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
After shedding a good portion of my sizable gut I need new clothes. Also, might as well ask for a video game or two while I'm at it.
If you get more video games, you'll be back into your old chothes in no time.

(Perhaps that was the wrong smiley...nothing personal, I swear!)



My wife and I are getting a new LCD TV for each other as our big gift, then we're spending most on our son.

I've been modifying a Power Wheels truck for him...almost done. Converting a plan F-150 into Blue Thunder, the monster truck. He's obsessed with Monster Jam.

Paint is done, decals and some new parts are next. Will wait until he gets used to it to boost the power.

Might add some LED lights on later, maybe a stereo and speakers.

Should look like this when done:
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

I got my wife a IRobot vacuum (roomba) for the carpets and an IRobot mop (scooba) for the hardwood floor. I hear they don't do the best job in the world but good enough to hold you off from vacuuming and mopping the old fashioned way for a good week or two. Right now with a puppy and two young kids at home the floors are constantly a wreck, she vacuums/sweeps/mops at least once a day.

And I want to see the dog react to the robot. That's got to be hilarious.

I put in a request for a sound dock for my IPod. This Sony one has wireless speakers, which definitely appeals. Sounded pretty good to me in the store.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
If you get more video games, you'll be back into your old chothes in no time.

(Perhaps that was the wrong smiley...nothing personal, I swear!)



My wife and I are getting a new LCD TV for each other as our big gift, then we're spending most on our son.

I've been modifying a Power Wheels truck for him...almost done. Converting a plan F-150 into Blue Thunder, the monster truck. He's obsessed with Monster Jam.

Paint is done, decals and some new parts are next. Will wait until he gets used to it to boost the power.

Might add some LED lights on later, maybe a stereo and speakers.

Should look like this when done:
Very cool gift from a father to a son, even if he thinks it's from Santa. You should get the greatest Christmas morning freak out reaction, makes it all worth it.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
My birthday is this friday, the 17th, this year my wife combined my birthday gift and Christmas gift and got me a Bose home theater system the Lifestyle T20. I found all of this out yesterday when I came home and it was on my front porch. I spent last night hooking everything up, and tonight I can't wait to play COD...

Oh, I have to give her props on this, I would like to think that I have the best wife...

Damn son, that's sick. WTF did you get her?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Dogs hate regular vacuums, I hope that robot vac is durable!



That's a thoughtful gift, really is, but I hope it doesn't backfire on you. You know women and appliances for gifts...might want to pick up a $25 spa gift card as protection.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Dogs hate regular vacuums, I hope that robot vac is durable!



That's a thoughtful gift, really is, but I hope it doesn't backfire on you. You know women and appliances for gifts...might want to pick up a $25 spa gift card as protection.
I asked her a while ago what she might want, and she said "ANYTHING TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER." Made me laugh. So I figure this qualifies. But you're right, I got a few Pandora charms for the kids to give to her, that should cover all bases.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What you want or getting for Xmas!!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Very cool gift from a father to a son, even if he thinks it's from Santa. You should get the greatest Christmas morning freak out reaction, makes it all worth it.
Thanks. You're definitely right.

Also, it's something no one else around here will have because Dad (I mean Santa) made it just for him. They only made a few of these a few years ago and you never see them for sale...even the decals took me months to locate but I found a set.

We wanted to get him a reward for learning the potty...timing works well for Christmas.


By the way, here's the birthday cake I made him...was huge, it was a big pasta pan, not a cake pan. He has a milk allergy so bakery cakes are out. This cake was cooler anyways:





Anyways...back to the topic. :cheeky-sm
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28319 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25