Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Here Is What We Do For Fun

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Here Is What We Do For Fun

For any of the fisherman that might enjoy this. We finally got a break in the weather this weekend so me and a buddy headed out for some winter fishing. We had to run 60 miles down the beach to find the fish but it was worth the trip. We landed 4 nice striper's/rock fish between 40 to 28 inches and it was just a great day on the water. Here are a few pics of our trip.

Trolling for fish.



Two decent striper's but we usually catch bigger ones.




Sun setting as we head in.


Back at the dock.


Little Christmas snow.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

I am jealous! Look like fun!

We got some rock fish here a few weeks back I just thawed and fried it yesterday, tasted really good!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Great Stuff!!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
For any of the fisherman that might enjoy this. We finally got a break in the weather this weekend so me and a buddy headed out for some winter fishing. We had to run 60 miles down the beach to find the fish but it was worth the trip. We landed 4 nice striper's/rock fish between 40 to 28 inches and it was just a great day on the water. Here are a few pics of our trip.

Trolling for fish.



Two decent striper's but we usually catch bigger ones.




Sun setting as we head in.


Back at the dock.


Little Christmas snow.
Awesome!

__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

nice fish!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Actually these are smaller then what we normally catch this time of year. I think the colder weather has driven the bigger fish off shore. We have to saty within 3 miles of the shoreline because of federal regulations.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

hey at least you can still go out... my boat is in storage and the lake is frozen over. I could always ice fish, but that's not my thing.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I am jealous! Look like fun!

We got some rock fish here a few weeks back I just thawed and fried it yesterday, tasted really good!
I like to broil it with some cut up onions and tomatoes. With a little old bay, white wine and butter poured over top.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

All that open water and no land around...

Making me queasy just thinking about it.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

So we went to Nags Head NC fishing this weekend and when I got home I heard about 100's of dead fishing floating in the ocean near where we fished. Seems the commercial fishing boats will dump their nets and pick out their limit of 50 striper's (the biggest of course) and then dump the rest over board. Its because of a bad law but i don't give them a pass for doing this. I really don't see how they could sleep knowing what they have done. I'm a member of a fishing board and we have the local news ruining stories and maybe some national coverage. Here is a pic and a link to the news story. We were fishing in the same area as these commercial boats but we had our limit early and headed in before this happened. The surprising thing was they did not even try to hide what they were doing.




http://www.wtkr.com/wtkr-ob-dead-fis...,6779775.story


Can anyone guess what memorial this is?

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

That's really messed up first. The link you posted to the news article isn't working btw.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Chernobyl?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So we went to Nags Head NC fishing this weekend and when I got home I heard about 100's of dead fishing floating in the ocean near where we fished. Seems the commercial fishing boats will dump their nets and pick out their limit of 50 striper's (the biggest of course) and then dump the rest over board. Its because of a bad law but i don't give them a pass for doing this. I really don't see how they could sleep knowing what they have done. I'm a member of a fishing board and we have the local news ruining stories and maybe some national coverage. Here is a pic and a link to the news story. We were fishing in the same area as these commercial boats but we had our limit early and headed in before this happened. The surprising thing was they did not even try to hide what they were doing.




http://www.wtkr.com/wtkr-ob-dead-fis...,6779775.story


Can anyone guess what memorial this is?

Wright Brothers National Memorial
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
That's really messed up first. The link you posted to the news article isn't working btw.
Maybe this link will work. You would think that the people in charge of regulating fishing would have known this would happen but then again we are talking goverment.

Fisherman responsible for thousands of dead fish off the coast of the Outer Banks - WTKR
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Here Is What We Do For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wright Brothers National Memorial
We have a winner.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28089 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25