Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Internet Explorer still sucks

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I see...so your saving your browsing sessions....the more tabs you have running at once, the slower your browser is going to be, especially internet explorer.....
Someone's unhappy. Someone forgot that I already mentioned that the IE on the university's network comps don't keep my past browsing history on their whether I want to or not, but they do keep history on the other browsers they have. Someone also forgot that the major quip with IE is that it hangs on sites like Yahoo Fantasy Football, whether it has many tabs or just one.

Seems like you're emotionally hurt and want to paint me as stupid, but hey, I'm not the one advocating playing on torn knee ligaments or using an argument where toughness based on a relative scale that doesn't necessarily establish the player as soft.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,378
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Someone's unhappy. Someone forgot that I already mentioned that the IE on the university's network comps don't keep my past browsing history on their whether I want to or not, but they do keep history on the other browsers they have. Someone also forgot that the major quip with IE is that it hangs on sites like Yahoo Fantasy Football, whether it has many tabs or just one.

Seems like you're emotionally hurt and want to paint me as stupid, but hey, I'm not the one advocating playing on torn knee ligaments or using an argument where toughness based on a relative scale that doesn't necessarily establish the player as soft.

WTF??? Why are you saying all of that crap? I'm simply trying to figure out your point of this thread, then you get all bipolar about someone being unhappy.....I'm an I.T. professional, I'm just trying to figure out WTF the point is about your thread. I'm assuming you're saying I.E. sucks? If so, don't use it. Then you're talking about being lazy and tabs and so forth..... are you complaining that the university doesn't save your history, are you complaining that it does, are you complaining that you have too many tabs, not enough? WTF is your point dude? If you're that ungrateful with technical advice, then don't post stupid threads like this? I'm not unhappy at all.....in fact, I'm quite blessed, but you're just being very stupid...no offense!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
WTF??? Why are you saying all of that crap? I'm simply trying to figure out your point of this thread, then you get all bipolar about someone being unhappy.....I'm an I.T. professional, I'm just trying to figure out WTF the point is about your thread. I'm assuming you're saying I.E. sucks? If so, don't use it. Then you're talking about being lazy and tabs and so forth..... are you complaining that the university doesn't save your history, are you complaining that it does, are you complaining that you have too many tabs, not enough? WTF is your point dude? If you're that ungrateful with technical advice, then don't post stupid threads like this? I'm not unhappy at all.....in fact, I'm quite blessed, but you're just being very stupid...no offense!
Ok, I admit my last post was rather bitchy and out of line. You were just trying to help out. My bad

At least 90% of the time (I don't keep that good track of my usage), I use SRWare IronPortable, a Chrome clone but "safer". Before that, I split usage between K-meleon variants and FF on my various comps. I only started using IE more because of surfing while watching streams. Somehow, that led to me using it more on a whim, but not much.

But hell, I just felt like bashing the folks in Redmond, WA for coming out with a product that can't do what many others can, which is display webpages without freezing up the browser. It makes me feel good to bash Microsoft once in a while.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats a joke right?
NFL players join anti-porn crusade on “National Porn Sunday” | ProFootballTalk
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Ok, I admit my last post was rather bitchy and out of line. You were just trying to help out. My bad

At least 90% of the time (I don't keep that good track of my usage), I use SRWare IronPortable, a Chrome clone but "safer". Before that, I split usage between K-meleon variants and FF on my various comps. I only started using IE more because of surfing while watching streams. Somehow, that led to me using it more on a whim, but not much.

But hell, I just felt like bashing the folks in Redmond, WA for coming out with a product that can't do what many others can, which is display webpages without freezing up the browser. It makes me feel good to bash Microsoft once in a while.
ff constantly freezes up on me
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #21
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,882
Re: Internet Explorer still sucks

I use FF mainly but have to use IE a lot at work...I never have issues with it. I just prefer firefox and the tools I can use with it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.18489 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25