Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Billy Ray Cyrus

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,727
Billy Ray Cyrus

Anyone else see this Yahoo article? It really sounds crazy to me, griping about the Hannah Montana show, saying he never made a dime off of his daughter, and yet he was on the show the whole time. Did he do it for free?

Amazing what hollywood/disney does to the kid actors

Billy Ray Cyrus 'Scared For' Miley - The Famous - omg! on Yahoo
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

I have a time machine that will show Miley Cyrus's life over the next decade, I will call this time machine Lindsey Lohan.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,814
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Bad parenting ruins kids, not Hollywood. I think more often than not the parents see these kids as their golden tickets and let them rule the roost, the kids aren't mature enough to deal with the success, and boom the kid is headed to rehab when most kids their age are just heading to college.

But mostly I blame it on gangsta rap.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

I'm not so sure there isn't a Hollywood aspect, Matty. Regardless of how good a parent is, you're stripping away a certain amount of the kids childhood. They don't get to hang out with friends. They're homeschooled and surrounded by adults all day. I think it's tough to overcome that type of upbringing.

Honestly, can you think of a single mentally balanced and normal child star? I can't imagine all child stars have terrible parents.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,814
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'm not so sure there isn't a Hollywood aspect, Matty. Regardless of how good a parent is, you're stripping away a certain amount of the kids childhood. They don't get to hang out with friends. They're homeschooled and surrounded by adults all day. I think it's tough to overcome that type of upbringing.

Honestly, can you think of a single mentally balanced and normal child star? I can't imagine all child stars have terrible parents.
Look closely and more often than not the common denominator with these child stars is shitty parents.

Some child stars that turned out alright as adults: Jerry O'Connell, Claire Danes, Anna Paquin, Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman, Brooke Shields, Ron Howard.

Slideshow: Child Stars Who Grew Up Normal - Starpulse.com
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,068
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

When your pimpin' your kid, it's tough not to.....pimp your kid.
message to BR...just say no...you're the F...n parent
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'm not so sure there isn't a Hollywood aspect, Matty. Regardless of how good a parent is, you're stripping away a certain amount of the kids childhood. They don't get to hang out with friends. They're homeschooled and surrounded by adults all day. I think it's tough to overcome that type of upbringing.

Honestly, can you think of a single mentally balanced and normal child star? I can't imagine all child stars have terrible parents.

Well said I want to say something to that effect but didn't have the words. I think Hollywood or fame in general messes with most people child or adult.

Fame and all that it includes for most is a small window in their lives very few can have it through out their whole lives. So when said fame is gone it is difficult for them to move on with real life.

I am sure many of us on here would struggle as well.

I always kind of feel like celebrates made a pack with the devil, like give fame and royalty on earth and I am yours in the after life but it always seems like the fame and reality ends up giving them a tortured life here as well.

In the end I always say it ain't bad being just normal, I don't think I ever want a celebrate lifestyle and all the pitfalls that go with that. Well maybe for a day. =)
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Fair enough Matty. I didnt recognize all of those names, but did recognize a few. So there certainly have been child stars that turned out okay. I still think there's more than just parenting at play here -- but a lot of the absolute messes do have terrible parents.

I still think if you steal the childhood away from a kid and have them work, they're going to have a much harder time adjusting than other people. I especially think it's rough for kids that once they're not children are no longer in the business. All of the people you named are still in the movie business, so it's all they've really known. I'm curious how Ron Howard/Natalie Portman would be doing in a regular life.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,659
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Look closely and more often than not the common denominator with these child stars is shitty parents.

Some child stars that turned out alright as adults: Jerry O'Connell, Claire Danes, Anna Paquin, Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman, Brooke Shields, Ron Howard.

Slideshow: Child Stars Who Grew Up Normal - Starpulse.com
Real fair. Throw in a list sprinkled with ivy leaguers....and NYU.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Was Charlie Sheen a child star? He dropped some serious knowledge on us yesterday:

Quote:
I said stay away from the crack which I think is good advice. Unless you can manage it socially. Because if you can manage it socially, go for it, but not a lot of people can, you know.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

It all boils down to parenting.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

It almost 100% of the time deals with parenting. Why do you think the world is in the shape it's in nowadays when we talk about crime? It all goes back to the influence kids had growing up. Just like the comments in the "biggie" thread asking what are young, inner city, black kids supposed to rap about? It doesn't matter that it's an inner city, Hollywood, or some farm out in Kansas. If you're not raised in a home with established rules and family values, you're going to turn out wrong more times than not.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,814
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Fair enough Matty. I didnt recognize all of those names, but did recognize a few. So there certainly have been child stars that turned out okay. I still think there's more than just parenting at play here -- but a lot of the absolute messes do have terrible parents.

I still think if you steal the childhood away from a kid and have them work, they're going to have a much harder time adjusting than other people. I especially think it's rough for kids that once they're not children are no longer in the business. All of the people you named are still in the movie business, so it's all they've really known. I'm curious how Ron Howard/Natalie Portman would be doing in a regular life.
I agree, it's all about striking a fair balance for them, and above all letting them be kids. Again, parenting issue.

On a side note I have an old college friend who is good friends with Natalie Portman. He says you would never know she's a celebrity, she's a very down to earth and normal person.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I agree, it's all about striking a fair balance for them, and above all letting them be kids. Again, parenting issue.

On a side note I have an old college friend who is good friends with Natalie Portman. He says you would never know she's a celebrity, she's a very down to earth and normal person.
I just looked at her Wiki page she is a bright person. Other then fapping to her several hundred times I didn't realize she was so smart and had been Harvard and all that jazz.

Could you imagine having NP in your Harvard class? Not only is it hard class but you have the worlds biggest distraction!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus

Pretty much 95% of the people in Holleywood are F&^%ed Up why would their kids be any different?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28376 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25