Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F' foot surgery

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #16
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,470
Re: F' foot surgery

You should bedazzle your boot! ZESTY!!!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #17
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,470
Re: F' foot surgery

How did you hurt your foot?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #18
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: F' foot surgery

For those of you with a mind to, Keep JR in your thoughts. He was laid up due to the foot surgery, and this weekend got to moving around. Well he ended up in the hospital last night with 2 severe clots in his lungs, and more going on than just those. He's a good man, and has many dependent on him, so I know right now he is very stressed (not the best to be in with that condition.) He'll be in the hospital for a few days, and on meds for a lot longer. Don't know that he will see the Warpath any time soon, but again, for those that "know" him, keep him close.

Thanks
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,117
Re: F' foot surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For those of you with a mind to, Keep JR in your thoughts. He was laid up due to the foot surgery, and this weekend got to moving around. Well he ended up in the hospital last night with 2 severe clots in his lungs, and more going on than just those. He's a good man, and has many dependent on him, so I know right now he is very stressed (not the best to be in with that condition.) He'll be in the hospital for a few days, and on meds for a lot longer. Don't know that he will see the Warpath any time soon, but again, for those that "know" him, keep him close.

Thanks
damn, let him know we're pulling for him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,120
Re: F' foot surgery

Damn, definitely keep us updated. Tell him we're all thinking of him
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #21
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: F' foot surgery

Yes, he is. The doctors said that Sunday night there was nearly no blood actually flowing through his lungs and it was very touch and go. Very scary. But he is responding well to the drugs, and was basically out of the woods as of yesterday. Thanks for your comments, guys, I relayed them to him.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #22
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: F' foot surgery

Oh and Jamf, his boot is definitely bedazzled by his 4 yo daughter.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #23
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,958
Re: F' foot surgery

Oh man prayers out to JR, get better fast man!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,120
Re: F' foot surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yes, he is. The doctors said that Sunday night there was nearly no blood actually flowing through his lungs and it was very touch and go. Very scary. But he is responding well to the drugs, and was basically out of the woods as of yesterday. Thanks for your comments, guys, I relayed them to him.
Good to hear he's responding well. Do they know how this happened? Was this a reaction to the surgery?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #25
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: F' foot surgery

The doctors are fairly confident that a clot formed in his calf due to the surgery, and that a part of it broke off and traveled to his lungs.

I will say it is really a scary thing that he and I were driving and talking, and I had no clue how close to the edge he really was(in fact according to the doctors he was well past it). He was clearly struggling, but nothing that I would have thought could have ended his life. Yet, in fact, it could have. You couple that with Japan's tragedy of instantaneous destruction and, man, this weekend really hammered home the thought that the future is not guaranteed, and that every minute means something.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #26
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: F' foot surgery

Holy cow...you'd never expect something like that from a foot surgery, but they're not lying when they make you basically sign your life away before any procedure.

Hope he's continuing to improve. Foot surgery is miserable enough without complications.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #27
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,120
Re: F' foot surgery

How's JR doing?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #28
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: F' foot surgery

He's still in the hospital, trying to balance the levels of the anti-blood clotting meds. I just looked up the meds (coumadin) and that stuff is seriously no joking around medicine. He had also developed a bit of bronchitis. He is going a bit stir crazy though.

His wife and kids also are doing well, she's stressed obviously, but so far they seem to be managing.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #29
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,470
Re: F' foot surgery

Oh man that is tough
I had another friend go through a similar situation after surgery. It's very scary but fortunately the doctors are on top of it now.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: F' foot surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He's still in the hospital, trying to balance the levels of the anti-blood clotting meds. I just looked up the meds (coumadin) and that stuff is seriously no joking around medicine. He had also developed a bit of bronchitis. He is going a bit stir crazy though.

His wife and kids also are doing well, she's stressed obviously, but so far they seem to be managing.
I've had a sore throat after surgeries from the breathing tube...could it just be that?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28256 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25