Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Idiot bicyclists

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,472
Re: Idiot bicyclists

50 mph taking a picture... stupid risk?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
3) Spandex is worn to prevent chaffing and keep them dry. Has nothing to do with "Lance Armstrong" wannabes.
Yes, I DID just say that.: Why Bicyclists wear spandex
i can somewhat understand the bike pants, although i personally would wear shorts over them, like any normal person would do. as for the shirts are all road cyclist like andrew bernard and have sensitive nipples or what

__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
50 mph taking a picture... stupid risk?
maybe to those less gifted . but thats klinda part of my point, we both know i'm not the only guy who reaches for a phone in the car, thats why i would be on the path.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #49
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
maybe to those less gifted . but thats klinda part of my point, we both know i'm not the only guy who reaches for a phone in the car, thats why i would be on the path.
So your point is because you want to take risks, others should stay out of your way?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So your point is because you want to take risks, others should stay out of your way?
no but i guess thats what you read, if you re-read it you will see that i am saying that i am hardly the only one on the road using their phone or iphone or ipod, or droid or whatever. and the fact that so many drivers are distracted is one of the reasons i think it's pretty stupid for them to be in the roadway with cars traveling over 50mph.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #51
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
no but i guess thats what you read, if you re-read it you will see that i am saying that i am hardly the only one on the road using their phone or iphone or ipod, or droid or whatever. and the fact that so many drivers are distracted is one of the reasons i think it's pretty stupid for them to be in the roadway with cars traveling over 50mph.
Yeah I know what you wrote, and it still doesn't make any sense to me
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Current Bicycle Laws

Md driver laws:

A person may not throw any object at or in the direction of any person riding a bicycle, an EPAMD, or a motor scooter.

A person may not open the door of any motor vehicle with intent to strike, injure, or interfere with any person riding a bicycle, and EPAMD, or a motor scooter.

some bicyclist rules in MD:

Bicycles, motor scooters and EPAMDs are not permitted on any roads where the speed limit is more than 50 miles per hour or higher. (TR 21-1205.1)

A person riding a bicycle shall ride as close to the right side of the road as practicable and safe, except when.. (left turning, etc)

Where there is a bike lane, a person must use those and not ride a bicycle or motor scooter in the roadway except: (TR 21-1205.1)

The one that always gets me is if there is a bike lane, bicyclists must use it . . . and weve spent plenty of money making bike lanes

Thats one of the funniest things ive ever seen. I cant believe they really posted that.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #53
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Thats one of the funniest things ive ever seen. I cant believe they really posted that.
How can they enforce based on "intent"?

You can't prove it. Open those doors, WPers.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's right. When I get drunk and drive those dam people walking down the side walk really piss me off. I really get pissed if they have the nerve to be pushing a baby stroller. I even slow down some times and yell out the wimdow calling them dumb sluts and tossing empty beer can at them.
Today's word of the day:


wimdow
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's when you get mad at people walking down the side walk and you toss a beer out the window on a wim. WIMDOW.

I'm so glade your perfect.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #56
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,874
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Alright back to the topic. I just saw this and chuckled a bit given this thread:

Casey Neistat: New York Man Gets Ticket For Not Riding In Bike Lane (VIDEO)
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #57
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
Whim too.












(and sidewalk, but who's counting)



Keep them coming, FD. You entertain us!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #58
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 8,606
Re: Idiot bicyclists

loll you gotta love first.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #59
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post


alright so this has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks ever since all the lance armstrong wannabees decide to get all decked out in their spandex and f up my morning and evening commutes.

i recently moved to woodbridge last fall and drive up and down rt 123, ox rd quite a bit. for those of you who don't know 123 is a 4 lane divided highway with a speed limit of 55 that is one of the major north south routes in northern va. now that it is getting warmer more and more bicyclists are out riding up and down rt 123 which is great seeing as how they have a nice wide path, easily 6 feet, that they can ride in, most people stay on the path and abide by the crosswalk signals.

however there are now more and more of these asshats that think they are too good for the path and want to ride their bikes in the god damn shoulder of the road. as you can see in this picture i came across two of the douchiest yet the other morning riding side by side on the should at 8:30 am with an empty path 20 feet to their right, um WTF!!!!! (and no i didn't care if i hit them as i went for my phone either, f em)

i now make it a point to not move my truck to avoid these assholes, in fact most times i yell out my window to get on the f-ing path as i drive by. i have encountered assholes on bikes before in north springfield where they would form giant groups and ride 40 or 50 deep down the street not stopping at stop signs and abiding by any taffic laws whatsoever.

after readin tmc's thread on dickholes with 26.2 stickers i figured i would see if i am alone in my hatered or even see if one of you bicyclist wanted to try and explain why you chose to endagner yourself and everyone driving on the road.

anyone else have trouble with team live strong anywhere else?
Do you really drive so terribly that cyclists on the shoulder bother you? Bike paths aren't taken care of very well and when people are spending good money on bikes they don't want their rims/tires getting murdered by bad conditions. These aren't your average everyday buy a Wal-Mart bike and stroll by at 4 mph riders. Believe it or not these people probably drive too and they also pay for roads. Not only that but the law permits them to do such!

I agree with you on a lot of things but you're really that guy that yells at people from out of his window on the shoulder? How are they endangering everyone? You're the one saying you don't "move" for them, how is that not endangering them, yourself, and others? And not paying attention when grabbing your phone? Boy you're digging yourself a hole by playing the "safety" angle on this one. Face it, you get "car power" when you see bikes on the road. Your anger is misplaced and you should figure out where it's coming from.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #60
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I hate those morons too. I like to bike but I don't understand the need to wear those dorky outfits. Tour de morons.
It's for safety and aerodynamics. Pretty much every sport you practice in some sort of uniform, why would a road cyclist go out in cargo shorts and a t-shirt?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33132 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25