Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Idiot bicyclists

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Idiot bicyclists



alright so this has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks ever since all the lance armstrong wannabees decide to get all decked out in their spandex and f up my morning and evening commutes.

i recently moved to woodbridge last fall and drive up and down rt 123, ox rd quite a bit. for those of you who don't know 123 is a 4 lane divided highway with a speed limit of 55 that is one of the major north south routes in northern va. now that it is getting warmer more and more bicyclists are out riding up and down rt 123 which is great seeing as how they have a nice wide path, easily 6 feet, that they can ride in, most people stay on the path and abide by the crosswalk signals.

however there are now more and more of these asshats that think they are too good for the path and want to ride their bikes in the god damn shoulder of the road. as you can see in this picture i came across two of the douchiest yet the other morning riding side by side on the should at 8:30 am with an empty path 20 feet to their right, um WTF!!!!! (and no i didn't care if i hit them as i went for my phone either, f em)

i now make it a point to not move my truck to avoid these assholes, in fact most times i yell out my window to get on the f-ing path as i drive by. i have encountered assholes on bikes before in north springfield where they would form giant groups and ride 40 or 50 deep down the street not stopping at stop signs and abiding by any taffic laws whatsoever.

after readin tmc's thread on dickholes with 26.2 stickers i figured i would see if i am alone in my hatered or even see if one of you bicyclist wanted to try and explain why you chose to endagner yourself and everyone driving on the road.

anyone else have trouble with team live strong anywhere else?
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Idiot bicyclists

I don't like the outfits with sponsors. If you actually are, then feel free to wear it. If not, laaaaaaaaame. I think we have a similar thread somewhere, but yah, it's like that here too. They'll run the stop sign when they want to be treated like a pedestrian but slow up traffic when they want to be treated like a car.

I think I need to get some anger management. Too much stuff bothers me.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,536
Yeah I hate those morons too. I like to bike but I don't understand the need to wear those dorky outfits. Tour de morons.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Idiot bicyclists

I find myself taking Beach Rd from Chevy Chase to Rockville for work pretty often, and I can say that I cannot stand most cyclists. I've posted about this on here before (too lazy to dig up the thread right now).

My beef with cyclists is the majority that I've been on the road with want to ride in regular lanes of traffic, they want all the privileges of cars, and yet obey none of the rules motorists do. Stop signs are the worst. A few months ago I rolled down my window and screamed at a guy who went straight through a stop sign while I was making a left hand turn. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from clipping him straight off his effing Schwinn. I see it constantly.

And yeah, all these idiots with their fancy spandex... Especially when chubby and/or old people wear it... You're not Lance. Not even close. Please dress appropriately.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,603
Re: Idiot bicyclists

I see how it is. I mention I've gotten into cycling in the running thread and now you start this?

Well, I'm not going to speak for every cyclist. But I'll defend myself. I don't wear sponsored gear. The contract fell through. I generally ride on trails but occasionally I do have no choice but to ride on the shoulder (there are some paths where bikes simply aren't allowed, only pedestrians). Admittedly, as a bit of a cycling novice I get a little intimidated on busy roads. And before I got into cycling, I would get annoyed by people biking on the road. But really, it's on the shoulder...so they're not exactly in your way.

But let me see if I got this right? It's ok to pull out your phone and take picture of them while driving...but these cyclists driving off the side of the road are endangering you and themselves?

In the meanwhile:

__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Around here I see that bullshit all the time. Awesome bike paths all over the place, just moments from the W&OD trail, yet some dickbag has to go slow on the road, not obey any signs, and basically cause traffic issues. I'll also be walking down the street and have someone fly by on the sidewalk.

Bikes have their place, but it's not on the roads. If the road doesn't have an acceptable shoulder for you to drive on, then piss off. The picture taken I'm okay with surprisingly. Still silly not to be on the bike path, but they have a considerable amount of room, in Arlington they have maybe 6 inches of shoulder. I don't give any way either, I hold my car steady and hope they don't smack into me. I treat bicyclists a lot like deer, I try not to hit them -- but if I do they probably ran into me.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I see how it is. I mention I've gotten into cycling in the running thread and now you start this?

Well, I'm not going to speak for every cyclist. But I'll defend myself. I don't wear sponsored gear. The contract fell through. I generally ride on trails but occasionally I do have no choice but to ride on the shoulder (there are some paths where bikes simply aren't allowed, only pedestrians). Admittedly, as a bit of a cycling novice I get a little intimidated on busy roads.

And before I got into cycling, I would get annoyed by people biking on the road. But really, it's on the shoulder...so they're not exactly in your way.

But let me see if I got this right? It's ok to pull out your phone and take picture of them while driving...but these cyclists driving off the side of the road are endangering you and themselves?In the meanwhile:

they really aren't in the way persay, but they pose a very unecessary danger, which makes everyone slow down and veer left. which as you can imagine be very annoying during rush hour, when you are forced to slow to 40 in a 55.

yes

great video
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Around here I see that bullshit all the time. Awesome bike paths all over the place, just moments from the W&OD trail, yet some dickbag has to go slow on the road, not obey any signs, and basically cause traffic issues. I'll also be walking down the street and have someone fly by on the sidewalk.

Bikes have their place, but it's not on the roads. If the road doesn't have an acceptable shoulder for you to drive on, then piss off. The picture taken I'm okay with surprisingly. Still silly not to be on the bike path, but they have a considerable amount of room, in Arlington they have maybe 6 inches of shoulder. I don't give any way either, I hold my car steady and hope they don't smack into me. I treat bicyclists a lot like deer, I try not to hit them -- but if I do they probably ran into me.
spot on brotha!
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,603
Re: Idiot bicyclists

How do they pose an unnecessary danger if they're not in the way?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,314
Re: Idiot bicyclists

The only thing worst than bicyclist are the idiots that slow down to 15MPH on the freeway for 2 minutes so they can take a picture of dudes ass in spandex as they ride their bike.


I enjoy mountain biking but I don't do much road riding.


Why do bicyclist bother people so much?
Sure there are a million idiot riders that don't follow the traffic signs or proper bike lanes but there are 200 million idiots that get road rage at first sight of a road bike.
In Southern California, Bikes are a big part of most poeples daily life. They are allowed to share the road with motor vehicles.

Why do people feel entitled to plow through people simply because they can?

MLM in action:
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
The only thing worst than bicyclist are the idiots that slow down to 15MPH on the freeway for 2 minutes so they can take a picture of dudes ass in spandex as they ride their bike.


I enjoy mountain biking but I don't do much road riding.


Why do bicyclist bother people so much?
Sure there are a million idiot riders that don't follow the traffic signs or proper bike lanes but there are 200 million idiots that get road rage at first sight of a road bike.
In Southern California, Bikes are a big part of most poeples daily life. They are allowed to share the road with motor vehicles.

Why do people feel entitled to plow through people simply because they can?

MLM in action:
you got me all wrong, i have a pretty sweet gary fisher that i take out when i can, but when i do it is on a path or if i have to on the side of the road abiding by all traffic laws. i have no respect for road bikers that think they own the road on their 1/4 inch tires, f them, follow the rules and ride on the paths when there is a pefectly good one right beside you.

and with the video you got me all wrong again, i never owned a golf it was a jetta and mine was spray painted burgundy and gold
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,441
Re: Idiot bicyclists

My least favorite is when they use the road when they're right next to a sidewalk with no one using it. The ironic thing is they probably avoid the sidewalk because they're scared of getting stuck behind someone.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Idiot bicyclists

I got your back SS

__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,603
Re: Idiot bicyclists

I don't know what the rules are in Virginia, but here in New York there are times when I'm biking on the sidewalk and then there's a sign that says no cycling so I have no choice but to detour to the side of the road for a bit before heading back to the sidewalk. It's that way in parts of DC as well
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,603
Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I got your back SS

word
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29701 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25