Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #16
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

I just caught up on Netflix myself. Are we starting the 4th season and where can I see the season premier?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,752
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Walt is i na very very bad place right now he has not been this low since the plane crash.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,862
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Walt is i na very very bad place right now he has not been this low since the plane crash.
Loved the final shot... it was like Sky was looking down at Walt's grave or something... very horror-like!

Gilligan's directing the final two eps of the season. Buckle up!
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

What a series. Definitely up there with The Wire and probably just ahead of Mad Men. This show kicks ass though.

Yooo bitch! - Jessie Pinkman
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,752
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Another great episode last Sunday night. They are seriously putting out better stuff then the movie theater.

I didn't see the poison boy twist coming at all. Then Walt trying to bomb Gus.

When I watch these episodes I think back to season one and two when Jessy and Walt where so small time.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

The poison twist was great. I walked in on that scene, but turned the TV before they showed who was actually in bed. Thank God for DVR.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,862
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Question for y'all. How would you feel if a certain protagonist is really behind the poisoning?

I'd actually think this is the direction that would put BB above The Wire. If Gilligan goes the easy way, it just follows TV 101- the audience needs to empathize with the lead. If you go the other way, this show really is a true character study.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

So you're suggesting what if Walt was behind the poisoning? Actually that wouldn't be too far off base. Considering he did watch Jane die in her sleep of a drug overdose while lying next to Jesse. He hates all of Jesse's druggie friends.

Basically, anyone or anything that commands Jesse's loyalty Walt has a serious problem with them. Hmm...interesting.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,862
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So you're suggesting what if Walt was behind the poisoning? Actually that wouldn't be too far off base. Considering he did watch Jane die in her sleep of a drug overdose while lying next to Jesse. He hates all of Jesse's druggie friends.

Basically, anyone or anything that commands Jesse's loyalty Walt has a serious problem with them. Hmm...interesting.
Exactly. This would complete his transformation. Walter would have completely Broken Bad.

And Vince Gilligan has said that before the show is over, everybody is going to hate Walter White. In order for that to happen, he's got to pull something off that's totally unredeemable. He's still got a loyal fan base that justifies every death that results in his actions (or inactions).
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #25
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

I think each of the characters have Broken Bad in their own way. Skyler has broken bad, Walt Jr. breaks bad all the time with the foul language, pitting his father against his mother. Hank constantly flouts the law to justify his relentless pursuit of finding Heisenberg. And don't get me started on his wife Marie. That chick is nutzoid.

But, oh Mr. White. Do you think he's capable of such a thing? That would do irreparable harm to his relationship with Jessie. There's no coming back.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,862
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think each of the characters have Broken Bad in their own way. Skyler has broken bad, Walt Jr. breaks bad all the time with the foul language, pitting his father against his mother. Hank constantly flouts the law to justify his relentless pursuit of finding Heisenberg. And don't get me started on his wife Marie. That chick is nutzoid.

But, oh Mr. White. Do you think he's capable of such a thing? That would do irreparable harm to his relationship with Jessie. There's no coming back.
Excellent breakdown. I totally concur re: the characters and their relation to the show's title. Marie is nuts! Have you also followed the show's theme of color? Marie is all about purple- the color of ambition and royalty.

I'm not sure Mr. White (I also dig how Jesse still calls him this!) is capable of this... yet. But with each passing season, he gets further from a moral center. And I think that's what drives Gilligan- leaving a tv show to an audience who now has to question their own values within moral relativism.

Here's a doozy... what if the poison came from a certain dude in a wheelchair? Karmic justice?
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #27
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

I haven't noticed that about Marie, but I have noticed that Walt dresses in earth tones, bland colors and such. The one -- and only exception--was the day Walt was released from the hospital he grew a goatee and was sporting a pink sweater. Remember that? Pink is the color of love or passion. But get this, it wasn't directed towards Skyler, in my opinion, but Jesse. There's a strange jealousy beneath the surface that Walt harbors for Jesse. Not in a gay or homosexual kind of way, but more like ownership; entitlement. Hence, Jesse always reciprocating by calling him Mr. White. Names and titles are funny things. They draw lines and define relationships, help us maintain boundaries.

I don't think Hank is interested in karmic justice. That's not what really drives him. Hank thrives off being right and public adulation. He likes to enlist others in his quest to battle the forces of evil. No matter how far off base he seems, there's always another party complicit somehow. The one and only exception would be the time he killed Tuco by himself, but he stumbled across that.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #28
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,862
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I haven't noticed that about Marie, but I have noticed that Walt dresses in earth tones, bland colors and such. The one -- and only exception--was the day Walt was released from the hospital he grew a goatee and was sporting a pink sweater. Remember that? Pink is the color of love or passion. But get this, it wasn't directed towards Skyler, in my opinion, but Jesse. There's a strange jealousy beneath the surface that Walt harbors for Jesse. Not in a gay or homosexual kind of way, but more like ownership; entitlement. Hence, Jesse always reciprocating by calling him Mr. White. Names and titles are funny things. They draw lines and define relationships, help us maintain boundaries.

I don't think Hank is interested in karmic justice. That's not what really drives him. Hank thrives off being right and public adulation. He likes to enlist others in his quest to battle the forces of evil. No matter how far off base he seems, there's always another party complicit somehow. The one and only exception would be the time he killed Tuco by himself, but he stumbled across that.
Yes, I've definitely noticed the Walt-Jess dynamic. Interesting catch on the pink sweater. It definitely makes sense that the color represents his feelings towards Jesse, more than Sky. At first I almost believed Walt's started to view Jess as a son. The Fly episode and this season's point at which he called Walt Jr. "Jesse." But if he's able to manipulate Jesse's loyalty towards his benefit, your theory holds water.

Ah, I meant Tio (not Hank). Not sure who's left for Tio to ask, but I know he's still out for Jesse's head.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 10-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #29
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

I think the sweater also represented Walt's new lease on life in general following a successful surgery. But ultimately, I think it has more to do with Jesse and their common bond more than his affection for Sky.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Tio's link to Jesse and Walt would be other than the obvious, which is to make tons of money pushing Meth. He's been remarkably detached and emotionally neutral thus far, I suspect that will change in coming episodes.

The fly episode was loaded with metaphors if you ask me.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #30
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,752
Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Funny about the wheelchair I thought Hank right away too.

Does Tio even have anyone left to do his dirty work? In my mind he is done with the drug trade the guy has 1 foot in the grave. I think he is bitter with Gus, Jess, Walt and company but really has no recourse at this time. IMO Gus got the last laugh with him and he is done in this series.

As far as poisoning the boy I was totally believing Walt until I read your guys post. IT also jarred my memory to the night that Walt went over there and saw the family with Jessi, you could tell he was annoyed with that. I beleive Walt likes to keep Jessi under his thumb at all times and hates when he is distracted. If Jessi is not acting like Walt's bitch, Walt gets pissy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34085 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25