Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Adderall Shortage

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack (17) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM   17 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Adderall Shortage

Anyone here take adderall? Its honestly pretty bad, the pharmacist I talked to last night said that everyone in the area is out but they get it randomly every other week or so but it usually sells out in a day or 2 because everyone is looking for it. If someone needs it and is without a car they are pretty much screwed. A lot of people are also having to pay a LOT more because you are often limited to just the name brand stuff and not the generic.

Theres been a massive shortage since April or May. Every Walgreens pharmacist either has no idea or says thereís a problem with the supplier. I have 2 friends that are pharmacists and they donít really know whats up. Everything I find on the internet says that itís a supplier issue or related to the FDA not releasing enough of the key ingredient. Im starting to wonder if the FDA has a new regulation on this stuff now. Are any of you guys in pharmaceuticals or know what the problem is?
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Adderall Shortage

It was banned in Canada. A lot of people use it for other intentions, such as bodybuilding (appetite suppression and energy booster/performance enhancer).

It's only a matter of time before it is banned here.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,302
Re: Adderall Shortage

WTF is Adderall?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Adderall Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
It was banned in Canada. A lot of people use it for other intentions, such as bodybuilding (appetite suppression and energy booster/performance enhancer).

It's only a matter of time before it is banned here.
Wow thats crazy. It looks like just the time released kind was banned in Canada while the regular kind has never been approved. However it looks like time release variety is now legal again, maybe thats the problem all those Canadians are sucking up all of the key ingredient?!?!? Just saw that its completely illegal in couple asain countries including Japan. I get that there is abuse potential but I never would have thought it would be illegal in other countries. It just makes people more productive.

Honestly though I think it has to be a new regulation because its become extremely difficult to find, where as before absolutely no problem. And unfortunately its affecting people that are poor or without a car the most.

@ Alvin, how is that possible youíve never heard of adderall?
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,320
Re: Adderall Shortage

adderall is some addicitve stuff. Had an ex on it, she basically couldnt do anything productive at all with her life if she wasnt on it but the funny/sad thing was, when she was on it she just sat there filling out crossword puzzles and not doing anything with her life anyway . .

does adderall even help anyone? it seems like people get diagnosed for having trouble "concentrating" or they "dont like working" or "have trouble studying" but to me . . . we all dont like working, studying etc.

It seems to be to be an unneccesary medication like ritalin back in the 90s for teenagers. but pharamceuticals and doctors make money, get to charge insurance companies who in turn pass the cost onto the rest of us who dont get legal prescriptions for our drugs . . .
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: Adderall Shortage

Adderall is prescribed for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. It's a stimulant that helps the brain to focus and pay attention better. It should not be used by people not diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or similar condition.

Last edited by Schneed10; 10-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Adderall Shortage

I was going to read your thread but got bored
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Adderall Shortage

I take Adderall (Concerta to be more concise. Similar drug, but more targeted to adults) and it does help immensely. I don't take it every day. However, on days I have a lot of work or meetings I typically take one. When I have class I take one. Anything that requires significant amounts of attention or knowledge retention I take a Concerta.

I don't find myself zoned out or addicted to it at all. It's all about working with your Dr. to find a good dose and the version of Adderall that actually works for you.

Overall the experience is pretty damn positive on it, but there are some side effects. I'm never hungry. I will often forget to eat dinner unless I'm out with friends/roommate reminds me. I would probably forget lunch if all my coworkers didn't eat at the same time. It's a strange feeling. When I get lunch I take a bite. Sometimes I'm full after 4 bites, sometimes I destroy whatever I have and want more. It is very much an appetite suppressent.

Energy level. It IS an amphedamine. Some people know that I had a pretty bad bout of Lyme disease. I still often feel the symptoms of being exhausted, fatigued, weak, and memory issues. An unexpected side effect of the drug is that those symptoms of Lyme are greatly diminished with the drug. I could go into more detail about what it does but I don't want to bore anyone. When I go to work out, my trainer can tell a difference between when I've taken it and when I haven't. Very helpful!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,716
Re: Adderall Shortage


Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Adderall Shortage

__________________


Last edited by steveo395; 10-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,302
Re: Adderall Shortage

They didn't know much about it back then but if they did I'm sure I could have been a poster child for ADD drugs.
I couldn't sit still for anything in school.
I just wanted to annoy girls and draw airplane battles.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,657
Re: Adderall Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I was going to read your thread but got bored
I read every single word of this thread and even counted the number of vowels, in turn doing a cross reference with the number of times substitutes for adderall were mentioned. Sorry I've been hoarding for a while.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Adderall Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I take Adderall (Concerta to be more concise. Similar drug, but more targeted to adults) and it does help immensely. I don't take it every day. However, on days I have a lot of work or meetings I typically take one. When I have class I take one. Anything that requires significant amounts of attention or knowledge retention I take a Concerta.

I don't find myself zoned out or addicted to it at all. It's all about working with your Dr. to find a good dose and the version of Adderall that actually works for you.

Overall the experience is pretty damn positive on it, but there are some side effects. I'm never hungry. I will often forget to eat dinner unless I'm out with friends/roommate reminds me. I would probably forget lunch if all my coworkers didn't eat at the same time. It's a strange feeling. When I get lunch I take a bite. Sometimes I'm full after 4 bites, sometimes I destroy whatever I have and want more. It is very much an appetite suppressent.

Energy level. It IS an amphedamine. Some people know that I had a pretty bad bout of Lyme disease. I still often feel the symptoms of being exhausted, fatigued, weak, and memory issues. An unexpected side effect of the drug is that those symptoms of Lyme are greatly diminished with the drug. I could go into more detail about what it does but I don't want to bore anyone. When I go to work out, my trainer can tell a difference between when I've taken it and when I haven't. Very helpful!
Im kind of with you. It helps me immensely when i take it, and for the most part i only take it when im at work or i have something that requires a lot of concentration and focus (taxes come to mind). Sometimes ill take it and sometimes i wont and ill go long periods taking it and go long periods not taking it. I dont think its addicting in the least unless youre taking a very strong dose. I dont really loose my apatite, but i do loose my cravings for shity foods like sweets, greasy stuff or hi sodium stuff. Sorry about the lyme disease, that really sucks man. Have you noticed any issues with Concerta?

OTM i do know what youre talking about but i think by and large it really helps most people prescribed to it and can even be life changing for some people. Ill say that of people i knew who took it but contained themselves to crossword puzzles or some other worthless type task are females, just my experience. Although i knew a guy who would go what he called cheezen', which is taking a stimulant like adderall, Jack3d or NO Xplode and just kind of lay around.....

From everything ive seen it looks like the supply/distribution/regulation problem started out with adderall XR, which is the time released stuff (and pretty much non-abuseable). Now it seems mainly contained to the regular "fast acting" kind especially the higher doses. Would love to know whats going on. The vast majority of pharmacies are sold out.
__________________

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-06-2011 at 08:40 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Adderall Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They didn't know much about it back then but if they did I'm sure I could have been a poster child for ADD drugs.
I couldn't sit still for anything in school.
I just wanted to annoy girls and draw airplane battles.
I can see that
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Adderall Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They didn't know much about it back then but if they did I'm sure I could have been a poster child for ADD drugs.
I couldn't sit still for anything in school.
I just wanted to annoy girls and draw airplane battles.

Posted from a big ass PC with an illuminated keyboard and a big fat mouse.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32568 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25