Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What did you do at work today?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
What did you do at work today?

I supported this Skype session with CNN with my pal Marina.

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,284
Re: What did you do at work today?

I sent emails to China telling them their quality sucks.
I found more crappy stuff in the warehouse proving that their quality sucks.
I wrote up a report billing back China for some of their crappy stuff.
I assisted in reviewing material that came back from the field because sometimes we build crappy stuff.
I watched one of my peers have a bitching fight with his wife on the phone because apparently she wrecked his SUV which he needed for his big hunting trip next week.
Now I'm eating mac and cheese and will chase it with some Reeses Pieces.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What did you do at work today?

What do you mean you "supported" that Skype?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: What did you do at work today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I sent emails to China telling them their quality sucks.
I found more crappy stuff in the warehouse proving that their quality sucks.
I wrote up a report billing back China for some of their crappy stuff.
I assisted in reviewing material that came back from the field because sometimes we build crappy stuff.
I watched one of my peers have a bitching fight with his wife on the phone because apparently she wrecked his SUV which he needed for his big hunting trip next week.
Now I'm eating mac and cheese and will chase it with some Reeses Pieces.

You probably typed up this chain letter as well.

Christmas 2011 -- Birth of a New Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --
Merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in
a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the Benjamines on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift
certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about
a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or
motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theatre.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of light, about fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so that China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.
THIS is the new American Christmas tradition.
Forward this to everyone on your mailing list -- post it to discussion
groups -- throw up a post on Craigslist in the Rants and Raves section in your city -- send it to the editor of your local paper and radio stations,
and TV news departments. This is a revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what Christmas is about?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: What did you do at work today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You probably typed up this chain letter as well.

Christmas 2011 -- Birth of a New Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --
Merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in
a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?
Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down the Benjamines on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift
certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about
a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or
motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theatre.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of light, about fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so that China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.
THIS is the new American Christmas tradition.
Forward this to everyone on your mailing list -- post it to discussion
groups -- throw up a post on Craigslist in the Rants and Raves section in your city -- send it to the editor of your local paper and radio stations,
and TV news departments. This is a revolution of caring about each other, and isn't that what Christmas is about?
I expect to get this email from my aunt at any minute.

Today I sent coupons to around 50,000,000 people (literally) and then I played a couple of games of ping pong. I need a nap.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: What did you do at work today?

hey grillz, were you in grandmas boy?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: What did you do at work today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
hey grillz, were you in grandmas boy?
Yes, I am Kevin Nealon.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What did you do at work today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I sent emails to China telling them their quality sucks.
I found more crappy stuff in the warehouse proving that their quality sucks.
I wrote up a report billing back China for some of their crappy stuff.
I assisted in reviewing material that came back from the field because sometimes we build crappy stuff.
I watched one of my peers have a bitching fight with his wife on the phone because apparently she wrecked his SUV which he needed for his big hunting trip next week.
Now I'm eating mac and cheese and will chase it with some Reeses Pieces.
I have an employee who's husband must have called here five times and hung up every time when I answered the phone. The sixth time he called and got her I walked into her office and told her to tell her husban we have caller ID.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: What did you do at work today?

I flew down to GA for a BIT session, only to have our test system fail due to some classic lack of initiative in Brazil. Now to fly back home and do it all again next week. yay.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,021
Re: What did you do at work today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have an employee who's husband must have called here five times and hung up every time when I answered the phone. The sixth time he called and got her I walked into her office and told her to tell her husban we have caller ID.
Perhaps you should discuss with her........caller IQ?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What did you do at work today?

I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours on one of my inventory spreadsheets in excel because I have some costing issues that are all jacked up. My eyes feel like they're bleeding.....
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: What did you do at work today?

I prepared and presented a "What's Wrong with Monday Night Countdown" Report (that's for you CrazyCanuck)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
Impact Rookie
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 999
Re: What did you do at work today?

This is a very addictive site so enter at your own risk.

I Kept Calm And Chived On.


theCHIVE - Probably the Best Site in the World Ė Keep Calm and Chive On
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden

Last edited by warpaint; 11-08-2011 at 05:51 PM.
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,532
Re: What did you do at work today?

Taught class
tutored students
graded papers
worked on a research paper
prepped classes for later
made some arrangements for study abroad
made some arrangements for a class field trip
had work-related chats with colleagues
studied Hindi
took a break and voted
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,844
Re: What did you do at work today?

I didn't work today because I only work pt on Thursdays through Sundays.

But I did have a productive day. Ate a healthy breakfast, drove out to my boss's house in Vienna to discuss some things and pick up some supplies, came home, grilled some chicken for my lunch and dinner until next week, ate lunch, read some of this book I'm reading ("Working Fire: The Making of a Fireman" by Zac Unger), took Everything Must Go back to my local Redbox, cashed my check, hit the gym, and now I'm back home again about to eat dinner and watch the Caps beat the Stars before relaxing and watching SOA and new episodes of Tosh and Workaholics. Then get up tomorrow and repeat the process before I go to work on Thursday.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34878 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25