Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm Honda for life. It looks more like a luxury car lately as their designs change from year to year and that's fine with me. The only thing I might switch Honda for is a Scion, Toyota or a Nissan.

Ultimately I want something thats gonna get me from point A to point B, look decent and for Godssake, doesn't cost an arm and a leg to repair.
If you like Hondas, why not go Acura? Unlike, I believe, every other luxury make, they come fully loaded. The only option is with Nav or without. I think this is still true...
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #32
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,017
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
If you like Hondas, why not go Acura? Unlike, I believe, every other luxury make, they come fully loaded. The only option is with Nav or without. I think this is still true...
This car was a hand me down. 2002. My grandfather passed away not long after and the car became mine. My financial position puts me nowhere near a position to pay a car note. So I'm stuck with this car until I get a better job or the damn thing dies.

My dad has an 2010 Acura TL though. The ritzy bastard he is. It looks gorgeous though.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #33
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I too say f Lexus commercials they suck. But im with d-bag in that they have changed the perception of their brand to more of a luxury car, but most people still dont see them in the ranks of BMW or Mercedes.
Ummmm... I'm pretty sure Lexus is widely regarded as a leader in the luxury car market segment. It's really not that debatable.

You're mainstream luxury cars are BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Acura. I believe Lexus has a pretty good lead in market share amongst those four.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #34
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Ummmm... I'm pretty sure Lexus is widely regarded as a leader in the luxury car market segment. It's really not that debatable.

You're mainstream luxury cars are BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Acura. I believe Lexus has a pretty good lead in market share amongst those four.
Maybe true, but I'd take a Mercedes or a Beamer 8 days a week over a Lexus or Acura. There's something special about the way a Benz and Beamer drive. A Lexus is a glorified Toyota, and an Acura is glorified Honda. Infiniti's don't really drive any better than Nissans. Nothing wrong with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota, but I feel like they just slap their top-shelf models with a different name and try to pawn them off as "luxury."

Audi, Benz, BMW... Still far ahead of the rest performance-wise, even if numbers say otherwise.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #35
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Ummmm... I'm pretty sure Lexus is widely regarded as a leader in the luxury car market segment. It's really not that debatable.

You're mainstream luxury cars are BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Acura. I believe Lexus has a pretty good lead in market share amongst those four.
There are mainstream luxury cars and then there is Mercedes.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #36
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,270
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

I've been looking into picking up a Lexus IS 350 (used of course). Friend had one for a while and it's a fun car. It's small and quick. The only bad thing about it is 1/4 inch of snow grounds you.

I had an Acura that I absolutely loved. At 250K the transmission died and I considered replacing it rather than getting my current car (Nissan Maxima... yuck. Stay away.)

Drove a BMW 3 series and hated it. It's an uncomfortable ride. The handling was pretty good, but if you're in the car for more than 30 minutes expect to be sore when you get out.

I've always loved the look and feel of Mercedes, but can't bring myself to face the maintenance bills on a German car. Lexus/Acura/Toyota/Honda cars are tanks and will run forever, haven't seen the same from German vehicles.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #37
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Maybe true, but I'd take a Mercedes or a Beamer 8 days a week over a Lexus or Acura. There's something special about the way a Benz and Beamer drive. A Lexus is a glorified Toyota, and an Acura is glorified Honda. Infiniti's don't really drive any better than Nissans. Nothing wrong with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota, but I feel like they just slap their top-shelf models with a different name and try to pawn them off as "luxury."

Audi, Benz, BMW... Still far ahead of the rest performance-wise, even if numbers say otherwise.
Yeah this is the way I see it, but I think audi is just a glorified vw. Don't get me wrong they are very very nice cars but I view bmw and Mercedes in a different class.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #38
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Maybe true, but I'd take a Mercedes or a Beamer 8 days a week over a Lexus or Acura. There's something special about the way a Benz and Beamer drive. A Lexus is a glorified Toyota, and an Acura is glorified Honda. Infiniti's don't really drive any better than Nissans. Nothing wrong with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota, but I feel like they just slap their top-shelf models with a different name and try to pawn them off as "luxury."

Audi, Benz, BMW... Still far ahead of the rest performance-wise, even if numbers say otherwise.
Your smart guy that is a dumb statement. You realize that if you go to Germany you will see BMW's and Benz's that are equivalent to say a Accord, Camary, Focus, etc.... Don't just look at their product line up in this country.

Plus this is a pretty hard car to compete against, I can't think of one BMW or Benz I take over this:

__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #39
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I've been looking into picking up a Lexus IS 350 (used of course). Friend had one for a while and it's a fun car. It's small and quick. The only bad thing about it is 1/4 inch of snow grounds you.

I had an Acura that I absolutely loved. At 250K the transmission died and I considered replacing it rather than getting my current car (Nissan Maxima... yuck. Stay away.)

Drove a BMW 3 series and hated it. It's an uncomfortable ride. The handling was pretty good, but if you're in the car for more than 30 minutes expect to be sore when you get out.

I've always loved the look and feel of Mercedes, but can't bring myself to face the maintenance bills on a German car. Lexus/Acura/Toyota/Honda cars are tanks and will run forever, haven't seen the same from German vehicles.
Bingo and that is why I have a Acura and Toyota. Though my 4Runner pissed me off a year ago with it's rear diff but it has been fine ever since.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #40
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Your smart guy that is a dumb statement. You realize that if you go to Germany you will see BMW's and Benz's that are equivalent to say a Accord, Camary, Focus, etc.... Don't just look at their product line up in this country.

Plus this is a pretty hard car to compete against, I can't think of one BMW or Benz I take over this:

Why would I look at their product line up in other countries? I live here, and here their cars are better than the Toyotas of the world.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #41
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Your smart guy that is a dumb statement. You realize that if you go to Germany you will see BMW's and Benz's that are equivalent to say a Accord, Camary, Focus, etc.... Don't just look at their product line up in this country.

Plus this is a pretty hard car to compete against, I can't think of one BMW or Benz I take over this:

For half the price and better performance I am inclined to take the Mercedes SLS AMG among other super cars.

saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #42
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Why would I look at their product line up in other countries? I live here, and here their cars are better than the Toyotas of the world.

Honestly I could careless it is matter of preference i just want to let you know Benz and BMW make non-luxury cars as well.

If you went down the line up of cars I pick most BMW over most Lexus models. Like I rather have a M5 over a GS any day. Do I know that the GS will out last the M5 most definitley but the M5 is way cooler and more fun to drive.

If you are in the market for those cars you probably keep them for a few years then move on so reliability is probably not tops on your wish list.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #43
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Maybe true, but I'd take a Mercedes or a Beamer 8 days a week over a Lexus or Acura. There's something special about the way a Benz and Beamer drive. A Lexus is a glorified Toyota, and an Acura is glorified Honda. Infiniti's don't really drive any better than Nissans. Nothing wrong with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota, but I feel like they just slap their top-shelf models with a different name and try to pawn them off as "luxury."

Audi, Benz, BMW... Still far ahead of the rest performance-wise, even if numbers say otherwise.
Come again? What other metrics are there when it comes to performance? Fastest from point A to B is all that matters.

As far as Honda:Acura, Nissan:Infiniti, Toyota:Lexus, it is much more than badge replacement. Engine and transmission variances, quality of materials, gap control, etc are all huge distinguishing characteristics between the house brand and the upscale brands.

For instance, my daily driver is an 06 Acura TSX. I chose this car because of the availability of Bluetooth (at the time), size (it's smaller than an Accord, bigger than a Civic), engine and transmission availability (K24A2 not available in any Honda model as well as 6 speed manual), as well as many other smaller details that you just couldn't find in any North American Honda at the time.

Lexus is the same way. Find me the Toyota that is just a rebadged IS, GS, or LS. All three of those models are unique to the Lexus brand. Inifiniti does reuse platforms to a higher degree than the other two, but even the Infiniti models differ greatly from their Nissan cousins.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
For half the price and better performance I am inclined to take the Mercedes SLS AMG among other super cars.

Both are very nice cars, but appeal to different drivers due to their driving dynamics.
Here is a good article...
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG vs. Lexus LFA - Automobile Magazine
Love this picture from the article. When we are older, we will look back on this time and realize that we were in a golden age for automobiles. There are so many wonderful cars being produced right now.


GMScud - the LFA is available in the US.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #45
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: F... Lexus Xmas Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Come again? What other metrics are there when it comes to performance? Fastest from point A to B is all that matters.

As far as Honda:Acura, Nissan:Infiniti, Toyota:Lexus, it is much more than badge replacement. Engine and transmission variances, quality of materials, gap control, etc are all huge distinguishing characteristics between the house brand and the upscale brands.

For instance, my daily driver is an 06 Acura TSX. I chose this car because of the availability of Bluetooth (at the time), size (it's smaller than an Accord, bigger than a Civic), engine and transmission availability (K24A2 not available in any Honda model as well as 6 speed manual), as well as many other smaller details that you just couldn't find in any North American Honda at the time.

Lexus is the same way. Find me the Toyota that is just a rebadged IS, GS, or LS. All three of those models are unique to the Lexus brand. Inifiniti does reuse platforms to a higher degree than the other two, but even the Infiniti models differ greatly from their Nissan cousins.
LOL! I was not going to go all gear head on him but you did, nice work.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36705 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25