Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Worst Buy

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Worst Buy

I personally can not stand them! Worst customer service ever.


Best Buy to close 50 U.S. stores, stock drops - Mar. 29, 2012

Hopefully the beginning of the end for them!

I do feel bad for folks that will lose their jobs though.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Worst Buy

first Circuit City and now these guys... have to admit, any store that sells monster cables should go straight the f out of business.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Best quote at the end of the article:

Back to mom's basement for the Geek Squad.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Worst Buy

the fact that any store like that can stay open is beyond me. i find it quicker (and more helpful) to get everything online.

crutchfield is still open because of superior customer-service. places like best buy should take a hint.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED View Post
the fact that any store like that can stay open is beyond me. i find it quicker (and more helpful) to get everything online.

crutchfield is still open because of superior customer-service. places like best buy should take a hint.
Crutchfield is essential a on-line realtor.

Last time i checked they have one store in VA.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,848
Re: Worst Buy

The only thing worth going to Best Buy anymore for is their superior $5 bargain bin dvd's, compared to Walmart's. And that's simply not worth it for me anymore, the only time I ever go in there anymore is when I need something immediately, like a new charger cable or something. And if it's not urgent, it can wait, because their prices suck for the most part.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Next best quote in the article:

How am I going to try things out before I buy it on Amazon?!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,850
Re: Worst Buy

Kinda hard for any electronic retail store to compete with the likes of Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com or Buy.com. I always find electronics/software cheaper on these sites than places like Best Buy.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,321
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
first Circuit City and now these guys... have to admit, any store that sells monster cables should go straight the f out of business.
Don't forget CompUSA too...

Online killed big box electronic stores
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,938
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Kinda hard for any electronic retail store to compete with the likes of Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com or Buy.com. I always find electronics/software cheaper on these sites than places like Best Buy.
Not just electronics but accessories.

"Hmmm...should I buy this HDMI cable for $40 or buy it on Amazon for $15?"

They're a dinosaur and the big bang is coming for them.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Ever try to return something at Best Buy? Awful just awful.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,537
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Don't forget CompUSA too...

Online killed big box electronic stores
Online stores/sites have killed the brick/mortar businesses in general.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Kinda hard for any electronic retail store to compete with the likes of Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com or Buy.com. I always find electronics/software cheaper on these sites than places like Best Buy.
This is thing though if they made their prices a bit more competitive and here is the kicker they have the ability to put a live person i nfront of yo uto help you but do they no they probably have some of the worst customer service ever.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,525
Re: Worst Buy

The funny thing about Best Buy is people go there to test out items they're thinking of buying and then go online and buy them.

Personally I've had some pretty bad experiences with Best Buy including one that left me without a computer for a month and a half. Of course I bought a TV over Christmas break and returned two before I found the one I liked, and they made it pretty easy to do the exchange.

As for Crutchfield, I think Pwned is right. Their superior customer service is a big part of the reason they're still a powerhouse. It's kind of weird balance though, on one hand they tend to charge a bit more for stuff like TV's and speakers, on the other hand they also sell stuff like head units and amps at retail prices then include key equipment like amp kits and harnesses for free. Also free shipping is nice.

Either way, on simple plug and play electronics price is the biggest issue, with more complicated items customer service and support is key. Best Buy's biggest asset right now is the fact that you can walk into any local store and get what you're looking for the same day. However they're also getting beat by online e-tailers on both fronts (price and/or customer service).

Also Target and Wal-Mart are starting to catch up to Best Buy in terms of selection for retail electronics so that also plays a factor in Best Buy's recent struggles.

This story though reminds me of something I read a little while back.
Red Tape - A lost laptop, a $54 million lawsuit: part 2
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 03-29-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Worst Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
The funny thing about Best Buy is people go there to test out items they're thinking of buying and then go online and buy them.

Personally I've had some pretty bad experiences with Best Buy including one that left me without a computer for a month and a half. Of course I bought a TV over Christmas break and returned two before I found the one I liked, and they made it pretty easy to do the exchange.

As for Crutchfield, I think Pwned is right. Their superior customer service is a big part of the reason they're still a powerhouse. It's kind of weird balance though, on one hand they tend to charge a bit more for stuff like TV's and speakers, on the other hand they also sell stuff like head units and amps at retail prices then include key equipment like amp kits and harnesses for free. Also free shipping is nice.

Either way, on simple plug and play electronics price is the biggest issue, with more complicated items customer service and support is key. Best Buy's biggest asset right now is the fact that you can walk into any local store and get what you're looking for the same day. However they're also getting beat by online e-tailers on both fronts (price and/or customer service).

Also Target and Wal-Mart are starting to catch up to Best Buy in terms of selection for retail electronics so that also plays a factor in Best Buy's recent struggles.

This story though reminds me of something I read a little while back.
Red Tape - A lost laptop, a $54 million lawsuit: part 2
Don't forget about Sears...been around forever for a reason.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27314 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25