Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Smart Phone Help

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #106
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Samsung Galaxy S III. It's supposed to be tops in terms of Android phones, and depending upon the carrier, you can get it under $200 with a 2-year contract.
I'm going from a flip phone not looking for the best. Well maybe I'd get the Samsung if the wife would make me some videos.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #107
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
already have the note2...now what to do with it is another question?
my bad, let me name some android apps that i have found useful.

touchpal keyboard (this is the best)
waze (for gps/traffic)
robin (kinda like siri)
my fitness pal (diet app)
nbc sports talk
watch espn
hbo go
gas buddy
yelp
avast (mobile security)

i'm sure i've forgotten some, but that's a good start
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sprint.
i recommend the iphone 4 for you. free w a new 2 year contract.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #109
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Smart Phone Help

thanks los...learned a lot already by playing with it
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #110
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
thanks los...learned a lot already by playing with it
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #111
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
This isn't a phone question but does anyone know how much it would cost to repair a screen on a tv? My bro laid his samgsung on it's face and it messed up and he just gave it to me. I wonder if it cost just as much as a new one
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #112
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This isn't a phone question but does anyone know how much it would cost to repair a screen on a tv? My bro laid his samgsung on it's face and it messed up and he just gave it to me. I wonder if it cost just as much as a new one
Is it new? If so and he paid for it with his credit card he might have coverage or the store may give a 90 day anything is covered type of warranty.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #113
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,818
Re: Smart Phone Help

I have a question. My contract with Verizon is up in March next year, and I'm debating leaving because they are not going to let me keep my unlimited plan. I know Sprint has unlimited data, but they have a shoddy rep from multiple people I've talked to, who all said they do some things with their billing (like being charged for things you don't have/use) and the coverage isn't that great. As far as the data goes, I've looked at my history of data usage and it basically ranges between 750 kb - 1.25 gb, so I'm still undecided if I do get a new plan what plan I should get. I don't want to be paying more for a plan with a data cap, but I also don't want to run the risk of going over my limit. So basically still undecided what route to take here. Any input appreciated.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #114
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Is it new? If so and he paid for it with his credit card he might have coverage or the store may give a 90 day anything is covered type of warranty.
No it's a year old or so
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #115
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I have a question. My contract with Verizon is up in March next year, and I'm debating leaving because they are not going to let me keep my unlimited plan. I know Sprint has unlimited data, but they have a shoddy rep from multiple people I've talked to, who all said they do some things with their billing (like being charged for things you don't have/use) and the coverage isn't that great. As far as the data goes, I've looked at my history of data usage and it basically ranges between 750 kb - 1.25 gb, so I'm still undecided if I do get a new plan what plan I should get. I don't want to be paying more for a plan with a data cap, but I also don't want to run the risk of going over my limit. So basically still undecided what route to take here. Any input appreciated.
i didnt have a plan at all....but my son is on my plan and had unlimited. when i got the note2 he grandfathered me in under my sons. i would make some phone calls if you already have verizon
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #116
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I have a question. My contract with Verizon is up in March next year, and I'm debating leaving because they are not going to let me keep my unlimited plan. I know Sprint has unlimited data, but they have a shoddy rep from multiple people I've talked to, who all said they do some things with their billing (like being charged for things you don't have/use) and the coverage isn't that great. As far as the data goes, I've looked at my history of data usage and it basically ranges between 750 kb - 1.25 gb, so I'm still undecided if I do get a new plan what plan I should get. I don't want to be paying more for a plan with a data cap, but I also don't want to run the risk of going over my limit. So basically still undecided what route to take here. Any input appreciated.
I'm in a similar situation. I got the shitty Thunderbolt phone when they told me if I signed up now I could be grandfathered in under the unlimited plan. My data use isn't that high, but it's the peace of mind I like. You can keep unlimited if you buy the phone out-right. Sprint is rolling out real LTE in the DC area over the next couple months, I'm leaning that way myself.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #117
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Smart Phone Help

So I moved up in life and switched from my flip phone to an Iphon. I wonder how hard it would be for me to switch back? I don't text, the internet is way too small to see or use, other then taking better pictures and video I'm not sure I'll take advantage of what it offers.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #118
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Smart Phone Help

Go to the bathroom a couple times and you'll see!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #119
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Smart Phone Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So I moved up in life and switched from my flip phone to an Iphon. I wonder how hard it would be for me to switch back? I don't text, the internet is way too small to see or use, other then taking better pictures and video I'm not sure I'll take advantage of what it offers.
i never take a dump without this, *mine is for android

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nbc-...407853742?mt=8
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #120
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Smart Phone Help

also, fd, which iphone did you get? 4, 4s, or 5?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26802 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25