Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #226
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

I'm with BHA. Sorry, if we, as a society, don't agree that we have to respect those that we, as a society, put into positions of authority, that's called anarchy. It's called the Rule of Law for a reason folks.

Those in authority need to be held accountable for abuses of the trust placed in them by us and should, when they so abuse it, be held to a higher standard than those not occupying positions of public trust.

This was a clear case of someone being disrespectful to the person and the position. The initial penalty was more than fair, and, I suggest to you, many a judge would consider this judge's actions lenient.

The apology was appropriate, order was restored and the end of civilization as we know it was averted.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #227
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
As someone who has worked in the system and still have alot of lawyer friends around the DC area, I completely understand your point. People are people and after my experience of working there, I put no one on any pedestal regardless of occupation. It taught me alot about people because you see the extremes, people who earn way too much for what they do and the people who have nothing fighting to get something. The most interesting fact is both sides generally dont care. And its reflected in attitude as well as behavior. Dont get wrong there are some who care alot and there mostly behind the scenes. But when it comes down to trust and honesty, no matter how much I like a person "in the system" or their family, I wouldnt trust them about anything.
Couldn't be said any better than this...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #228
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I'm with BHA. Sorry, if we, as a society, don't agree that we have to respect those that we, as a society, put into positions of authority, that's called anarchy. It's called the Rule of Law for a reason folks.

Those in authority need to be held accountable for abuses of the trust placed in them by us and should, when they so abuse it, be held to a higher standard than those not occupying positions of public trust.

This was a clear case of someone being disrespectful to the person and the position. The initial penalty was more than fair, and, I suggest to you, many a judge would consider this judge's actions lenient.

The apology was appropriate, order was restored and the end of civilization as we know it was averted.
I had no idea anarchy was so easily attained. Shocked, and embarrassed, at my own naivete. Not sure how I'll find the inner strengh to keep posting here...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #229
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I had no idea anarchy was so easily attained. Shocked, and embarrassed, at my own naivete. Not sure how I'll find the inner strengh to keep posting here...
JR is a good soldier for the Man. Any disparaging of his wonderful system would clearly lead to a world of anarchy and mass insanity. Clearly a teenager's expression of disrespect toward a member of his beloved profession proves the end of the world is near
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #230
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Dafuq?

Zanzibar church killing mars music festival promoting religious tolerance
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #231
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Steubenville suspect's text messages paint disturbing picture of night of alleged rape...


Y! SPORTS

horrible...really hoping these guys get some significant jailtime.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #232
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Steubenville suspect's text messages paint disturbing picture of night of alleged rape...


Y! SPORTS

horrible...really hoping these guys get some significant jailtime.
The other sad part of this story is that the town is divided over the rape. How the hell could anyone take the boys side with all the evidience against them. I could see maybe a few people but this article says 50 to 80% of the town are for the boys. Then there is the cover up and the scum of a coach which I'm guessing still has a job.

Y! SPORTS
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #233
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,195
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Why? Oh why?

CPAC Participant Defends Slavery At Minority Outreach Panel: It Gave 'Food And Shelter' To Blacks | ThinkProgress
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #234
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

The only reaction I had to that article was remembering how much I enjoyed Django Unchained.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #235
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,849
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The other sad part of this story is that the town is divided over the rape. How the hell could anyone take the boys side with all the evidience against them. I could see maybe a few people but this article says 50 to 80% of the town are for the boys. Then there is the cover up and the scum of a coach which I'm guessing still has a job.

Y! SPORTS
The same reason why many still back Penn State and Joe Paterno. They dont' give a shit about rape or child molestation if it isn't happening to their own. Just give them their football.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #236
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,195
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Y! SPORTS

One year in jail? JUVENILE jail? Bullshit.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #237
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Y! SPORTS

One year in jail? JUVENILE jail? Bullshit.
Girls life is ruined, that's a disgraceful sentence. Brand 'Rapist' on their foreheads on release. I hope, but don't expect, society to ostracise them. Scum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #238
Impact Rookie
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 989
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The other sad part of this story is that the town is divided over the rape. How the hell could anyone take the boys side with all the evidience against them. I could see maybe a few people but this article says 50 to 80% of the town are for the boys. Then there is the cover up and the scum of a coach which I'm guessing still has a job.

Y! SPORTS
As an educator it sickens me that there are teachers that may have refused to testify with knowledge of the situation. I can only hope that if they did obstruct justice that they receive a punishment worse than the slap on the wrist the boys received.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #239
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,141
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
To be fair, a cop probably saved my bacon once when a mentally ill homeless man I was counseling had a psychotic episode, and was carrying a blade the size of your arm in his trousers.
yeah, to be fair.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #240
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Girls life is ruined, that's a disgraceful sentence. Brand 'Rapist' on their foreheads on release. I hope, but don't expect, society to ostracise them. Scum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I agree the sentence is not right but they will have to be listed their intire life as a sex offender.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23810 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25