Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Friday thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #211
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,011
re: The Friday thread

I'm just getting drunk (Harpoon UFO is the shit!) while I continue packing up my apartment. Come Monday morning, I'm finally leaving the rental market and settling on a condo. I really wish I was taking all of next week off work.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #212
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'm running the Warrior Dash for the second time tomorrow. As long as the rain holds off it should be awesome!
My group will soar majestically over the fray in these beauties (on the right, they sold for $1 each) and then spend the afternoon tailgating.

Can't wait!

<SNIP-FUNKY ASS TIGER SHIRT>
Lol, did you see the hotdog/hamburger shirts at your Walmart too? One of my friends bought like 5 of them for me and co.'s X-mas presents last year, and we had to take a group photo wearing them. Those things were hilarious, good thing they were only a buck each too otherwise he never would've bought them.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #213
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,518
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lol, did you see the hotdog/hamburger shirts at your Walmart too? One of my friends bought like 5 of them for me and co.'s X-mas presents last year, and we had to take a group photo wearing them. Those things were hilarious, good thing they were only a buck each too otherwise he never would've bought them.
One of my buddies has a bunch of those shirts and always wears them at parties. I think he has a pizza one too along with the hotdog/hamburger. They're pretty funny.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #214
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,613
Its almost Fireball Friday time.
Its almost Fireball Football time.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #215
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Its almost Fireball Friday time.
Its almost Fireball Football time.
It's also almost "work 11 hours on Friday after working 11 hours on Thursday" time, which precedes "work 9 hours on Saturday before getting 1 day off then repeating the process next week" time.

TL;DR: I heart work.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #216
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,613
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's also almost "work 11 hours on Friday after working 11 hours on Thursday" time, which precedes "work 9 hours on Saturday before getting 1 day off then repeating the process next week" time.

TL;DR: I heart work.
lol - ten hours today, ten hours tomorrow, and 7 hours on saturday, rinse and repeat! - but that isnt goint to stop me. Im too old and stubborn to be stopped!
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #217
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: The Friday thread

Yes its Friday. I'm pouring beer to raise some money for our club at the cities TGIF. Its a fun time because we drink almost as much as we serve. This year I can walk as the park is about 5 min from our house.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #218
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,598
re: The Friday thread

At the outer banks with a slight hangover. Still feels better than work
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #219
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,613
Can we start an "its almost friday" thread. It would make my weekends seem longer.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #220
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,518
re: The Friday thread

Nice long weekend ahead, just gotta get through this half day.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #221
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
re: The Friday thread

Next week is gonna be long. Then we have to wait all weekend and go to work on Monday before we get to watch some real football. Keep strong.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #222
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,578
re: The Friday thread

since there isnt a "hey we decided to sell our house and move to new orleans for 6 months thread because we are kinda stupid and definitely having adjustment issues as we try to act our age" i guess this will do.

in short, i was working 55-60 hours a week and most weekdays i literally didnt see my new born daughter. so i decided to quit my job in april. problem is we had a nice house with a nice mortgage so we decided to sell our house. while on vacation in new orleans in april (pre-planned, pre-paid trip before i quit) my lady asked me if we could move to new orleans for 6 months. i had like 6-8 different types of beers in me from day drinking and i said "sure honey". she said "i love you" and later that night we did some things you only see in german porn. anyways, closed on our house last week and i am now sitting in a motel off I 40 in knoxville with my dog. my lady and daughter are flying down on tuesday.

we got a great spot, a 2 bedroom "penthouse" of a victorian mansion on st charles ave in the garden district. the street car goes right out in front of our place with our master bedroom overlooking it. the real world house is a few blocks down and the king of mardi gras' mansion is a block away.

so besides busting my hump the last 4 days packing and moving everything i am pretty pumped. normally im a family oriented person. wake up, work hard, come home, go to home depot on the weekends, maybe the farmers market on sunday etc ..... but my lady is crazy.

but i am happy she pushed this because i would have never done this. there is this story i am sure you heard.

guy is 49 years old, worked hard, paid his bills, raised his kids etc.
one day he dies.
as he stands in front of god he begs god to give him just one more week. there are so many things he wanted to do. that he was saving up for.
god says, what have you done for the past 49 years of life I gave you? You knew you dont live forever and that you would have to leave this world. Why now after 49 years of life do you want to live?

anyway, cheesy regurgitated story i know. but there is something to that notion of live life, make each day count, act like each day is your last .. whatever bumper sticker slogan you want to use.

so, its 12:59 am on a friday and i couldnt be happier that im sitting in some motel on the side of the highway in tennessee with another 10 hours of driving ahead of me in a jam packed peice of shit moving truck that overheats on inclines with a trailer hitch from hades .... im going to nola to be a stay at home dad with my 17 month old. ... at least for 6 months. plus im expecting a lot of german sex for this.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #223
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,518
re: The Friday thread

^ Dude, you and NOLA sounds like an interesting mix. Can't wait to hear some stories.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #224
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,613
T-minus 22 minutes....
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #225
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
since there isnt a "hey we decided to sell our house and move to new orleans for 6 months thread because we are kinda stupid and definitely having adjustment issues as we try to act our age" i guess this will do.

in short, i was working 55-60 hours a week and most weekdays i literally didnt see my new born daughter. so i decided to quit my job in april. problem is we had a nice house with a nice mortgage so we decided to sell our house. while on vacation in new orleans in april (pre-planned, pre-paid trip before i quit) my lady asked me if we could move to new orleans for 6 months. i had like 6-8 different types of beers in me from day drinking and i said "sure honey". she said "i love you" and later that night we did some things you only see in german porn. anyways, closed on our house last week and i am now sitting in a motel off I 40 in knoxville with my dog. my lady and daughter are flying down on tuesday.

we got a great spot, a 2 bedroom "penthouse" of a victorian mansion on st charles ave in the garden district. the street car goes right out in front of our place with our master bedroom overlooking it. the real world house is a few blocks down and the king of mardi gras' mansion is a block away.

so besides busting my hump the last 4 days packing and moving everything i am pretty pumped. normally im a family oriented person. wake up, work hard, come home, go to home depot on the weekends, maybe the farmers market on sunday etc ..... but my lady is crazy.

but i am happy she pushed this because i would have never done this. there is this story i am sure you heard.

guy is 49 years old, worked hard, paid his bills, raised his kids etc.
one day he dies.
as he stands in front of god he begs god to give him just one more week. there are so many things he wanted to do. that he was saving up for.
god says, what have you done for the past 49 years of life I gave you? You knew you dont live forever and that you would have to leave this world. Why now after 49 years of life do you want to live?

anyway, cheesy regurgitated story i know. but there is something to that notion of live life, make each day count, act like each day is your last .. whatever bumper sticker slogan you want to use.

so, its 12:59 am on a friday and i couldnt be happier that im sitting in some motel on the side of the highway in tennessee with another 10 hours of driving ahead of me in a jam packed peice of shit moving truck that overheats on inclines with a trailer hitch from hades .... im going to nola to be a stay at home dad with my 17 month old. ... at least for 6 months. plus im expecting a lot of german sex for this.
That is one awesome story. Everything about it. My mind is spinning rite now with thoughts about doing something crazy like that. My wife will never go for it though. Maybe ill just settle for some german porn! Who am i kidding she aint goin for that either. My life sucks....
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33471 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25