Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Friday thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #91
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Yep. Make my own dough Thursday...let it rise about 24 hours, bake on a 510-degree stone on Friday.
I'll bring the beer.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #92
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

awesome, what stone? we've been talking about getting one and making our own pie, but i don't know what to look for in a stone.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #93
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'll bring the beer.
i'll bring the buffalo wings!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #94
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
awesome, what stone? we've been talking about getting one and making our own pie, but i don't know what to look for in a stone.
Stones are all pretty much the same. Size is more of the issue.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #95
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
re: The Friday thread

Yeah, it doesn't have a brand on it. If you're getting one, just look at the thickness. Mine's about 1/2 thick (maybe a little less) and it's lasted about 10 years for me now. I've heard of the thinner ones breaking or shattering over time. Mine is 16" in diameter.

It wasn't expensive, just a kit from a store like Bed Bath and Beyond that had a stone, wooden paddle, pizza cutter...



FD, bring a box of wine for the wife and you're invited.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #96
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,996
Talking re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Yeah, it doesn't have a brand on it. If you're getting one, just look at the thickness. Mine's about 1/2 thick (maybe a little less) and it's lasted about 10 years for me now. I've heard of the thinner ones breaking or shattering over time. Mine is 16" in diameter.

It wasn't expensive, just a kit from a store like Bed Bath and Beyond that had a stone, wooden paddle, pizza cutter...



FD, bring a box of wine for the wife and you're invited.
Regardless of what they say, their coupons NEVER expire, so use them often!!! (I just sayin')
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #97
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,996
re: The Friday thread

So tonight is the last night of my 20's, but I have no plans, so there's that. Work (at a marketing company responsible for making the aforementioned coupons) has really been kicking my ass lately and it seems like all of my good friends are out of town or on baby watch this weekend, so I'm not really in the best of moods.

Perhaps I'll get drunk later tonight and start an epic thread...
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

good to know, thanks for the tips, fellas
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
So tonight is the last night of my 20's, but I have no plans, so there's that. Work (at a marketing company responsible for making the aforementioned coupons) has really been kicking my ass lately and it seems like all of my good friends are out of town or on baby watch this weekend, so I'm not really in the best of moods.
Perhaps I'll get drunk later tonight and start an epic thread...
just get trashed in the walmart parking lot and see what happens from there
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #100
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,358
re: The Friday thread

Its Friday! Which means I'm 26 years old.

Going to NC tonight, getting trashed tomorrow. Pray I don't die.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

2 warpath birthdays?!?

ring the alarm

happy birthday, ya'll!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #102
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

i've spent much of today looking for a particular screw. if ANYONE knows where to find this, please let me know:


m6-1.0 x 16mm (can be up to 20mm)
socket set screw
cup point (can be another point type)
hex drive
brass plated


like this one, but different drive and point
M6 x 16 Brass DIN 553 Cone Point Slotted Set Screw | Fastenal
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #103
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
re: The Friday thread

Screw this
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #104
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,121
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
that's close, but wrong head/drive and no brass. the point is close enough. thanks for looking, rr
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #105
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: The Friday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i've spent much of today looking for a particular screw. if ANYONE knows where to find this, please let me know:


m6-1.0 x 16mm (can be up to 20mm)
socket set screw
cup point (can be another point type)
hex drive
brass plated


like this one, but different drive and point
M6 x 16 Brass DIN 553 Cone Point Slotted Set Screw | Fastenal

I'm guessing it goes to something so look up what it goes to and try to find a parts list and order one. Or, you could go to Lowes and get the person that has no clue what they are doing to help you find one.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26228 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25