Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Walking Dead season 3

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #76
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
He has been, but this is a show thats proven its not afraid to kill off its central characters. I dont think its likely to happen, but its not as outrageous as it would be to kill off the main character on a different kind of show.
If the show did kill off Rick, who would be the new central character? Carl?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #77
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,595
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
He has been, but this is a show thats proven its not afraid to kill off its central characters. I dont think its likely to happen, but its not as outrageous as it would be to kill off the main character on a different kind of show.
Lets just say if Rick was killed off people probably still watch; where as if Magnum was killed off on Magnum PI well you have a problem.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #78
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Unless the show plans on taking a really drastic turn from the books, Rick is one of the few characters I would call a sure thing to stick around.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #79
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Unless the show plans on taking a really drastic turn from the books, Rick is one of the few characters I would call a sure thing to stick around.
I agree with you that its highly unlikely, i just wouldnt rule it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
If the show did kill off Rick, who would be the new central character? Carl?
Although he's the leader of the group, Risk hasnt been the "main character" at all in Season 3. Seasons 1 and two focused extensively on Rick and his family. Season 3 has been more of an ensemble cast, with no one really standing out too far ahead of anyone else.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #80
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree with you that its highly unlikely, i just wouldnt rule it out.



Although he's the leader of the group, Risk hasnt been the "main character" at all in Season 3. Seasons 1 and two focused extensively on Rick and his family. Season 3 has been more of an ensemble cast, with no one really standing out too far ahead of anyone else.
Well they've already said that this story isn't supposed to have a happy ending and there's probably going to be a few characters knocked off towards the last few episodes.

My predictions... Morgan (he'll be back to die later on), Andrea (I wish) maaaybe Tyrese's crew or someone in it? They'll be back for sure since his father and son buddies seemed overeager to sell out the prison gang.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #81
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Well they've already said that this story isn't supposed to have a happy ending and there's probably going to be a few characters knocked off towards the last few episodes.

My predictions... Morgan (he'll be back to die later on), Andrea (I wish) maaaybe Tyrese's crew or someone in it? They'll be back for sure since his father and son buddies seemed overeager to sell out the prison gang.
See, none of those would really make it an "unhappy" ending. For it to be unhappy, theyre going to have to kill someone we actually care about, or the baby.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #82
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,710
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Rick won't die until the series finale if ever. Just not gonna happen. Everyone else, as in the books, is fair game, but Rick is the heart of the series even if that is sometimes not fleshed out properly on the show.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"

Last edited by skinsfanthru&thru; 03-07-2013 at 12:05 AM.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #83
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Rick won't die until the series finale if ever. Just not gonna happen. Everyone else as in the books is fair game, but Rick is the heart of the series even if that is sometimes not fleshed out properly on the show.
Exactly.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #84
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

I'm hoping these "setup" episodes are gonna be worth it in the end..
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #85
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

I didnt view it as a setup episode. I thought last nights episode was great. I know it was "talkie" but they were very interesting conversations. The conversation between Rick and the governor was awesome. Loved Miltons interest in Hershels stump and the fact that he got to know the prison gang. Now that theyre real people to him, he wont go along with the governors plans to slaughter them.

LOVED Daryl and the governors toadie trying to "one up" eachother, developing mutual respect for eachother, sharing smoke, and knowing that tomorrow theyre probably going to be asked to kill eachother. Reminded me of German and British troops celebrating Christmas together, only to continue fighting the next day
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

The meeting with Rick and the Gov had me on edge, even though I knew nothing was going to really happen. These last 3 episodes should be great.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #87
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

are they going to wait until the finale for the battle at woodbury?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #88
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

boring episode. let's all sit down and talk for an hour... and get nothing done.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #89
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
are they going to wait until the finale for the battle at woodbury?
I'm thinking the last 2 episodes should be worth the watch.

I don't think every episode needs to be kill, kill, kill and I did appreciate the bonds and understanding the Woodbury crew made with the Prison crew, but the plodding pacing is wearing me down in an emotional sense (which may be the whole point).

To me it feels like waiting for the bus, you're standing around waiting, waiting, waiting and wondering when it's going to arrive, fervently looking at your watch.

p.s. Andrea now has me confused. She seemed torn between the prison crew and the Woodbury crew. Then at the end of the episode seemed content that The Governor sat down with Rick (even though she obviously doesn't know wtf was said or how The Governor is using Michonne as a bargaining chip) yet the preview of the next episode shows her telling Tyrese's crew not to trust the Governor.

If Andrea is playing the whole, "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" card, she may actually earn some viewers respect back, including mine.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #90
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: The Walking Dead season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm thinking the last 2 episodes should be worth the watch.

I don't think every episode needs to be kill, kill, kill and I did appreciate the bonds and understanding the Woodbury crew made with the Prison crew, but the plodding pacing is wearing me down in an emotional sense (which may be the whole point).

To me it feels like waiting for the bus, you're standing around waiting, waiting, waiting and wondering when it's going to arrive, fervently looking at your watch.

p.s. Andrea now has me confused. She seemed torn between the prison crew and the Woodbury crew. Then at the end of the episode seemed content that The Governor sat down with Rick (even though she obviously doesn't know wtf was said or how The Governor is using Michonne as a bargaining chip) yet the preview of the next episode shows her telling Tyrese's crew not to trust the Governor.

If Andrea is playing the whole, "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" card, she may actually earn some viewers respect back, including mine.
That's why I find being able to watch entire seasons on Netflix is so much more satisfying than having to go week to week. That way when there's a so-so episode it doesn't stand out so much.

I'm really hoping they kill off Andrea. I think it might happen. I can picture her going down in a blaze of glory trying to take out the Gov. but he ends up putting her down.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27656 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25