Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Thankfully we can probably scrap whatever Lucas said.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Thankfully we can probably scrap whatever Lucas said.
that's right, john woo is taking over. white doves galore
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Star Wars is a amazing film and how it has crossed generations. I am not a big fan of it in the sense I have collectables and what nots but I do enjoy the films.

What amazes me is my 4.5 year old son loves Darth Vader; he stumbled across DV at a store or something. I never introduced him to DV or the movies yet a film nearly as old as me was able to peak the interest of a 4.5 year old. He will be dressed up as DV tonight for Halloween.

I can also remember going to the Star Wars The New Hope in Vienna, Va with my dad and having the hair raise up on the back of my neck when DV walked by for the first time in the film.

I have seen ever film on it's first run in the theater.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Star Wars is a amazing film and how it has crossed generations. I am not a big fan of it in the sense I have collectables and what nots but I do enjoy the films.

What amazes me is my 4.5 year old son loves Darth Vader; he stumbled across DV at a store or something. I never introduced him to DV or the movies yet a film nearly as old as me was able to peak the interest of a 4.5 year old. He will be dressed up as DV tonight for Halloween.

I can also remember going to the Star Wars The New Hope in Vienna, Va with my dad and having the hair raise up on the back of my neck when DV walked by for the first time in the film.

I have seen ever film on it's first run in the theater.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So any word on what this star wars is supposed to be about? Is it going to be in between the 2 series or take place after? Any idea who the characters and villain will be?
It will pick up where Jedi left off... episode VII
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

I don't think it's a huge deal and the movie will probably do just fine.

Comic book enthusiasts nearly shat a brick when Disney bought out Marvel and look how well that's worked out.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So any word on what this star wars is supposed to be about? Is it going to be in between the 2 series or take place after? Any idea who the characters and villain will be?
should be episode 7 of 9. should pick up anywhere from 20 to 30, maaaybe even up to 40 years after ep. 6. should focus on luke's family, his son is also a hot tamale jedi. no idea who the villain would be.

can't remember if the conflict is between actual sith, or another group of badasses who are skilled in the force. it's about cleaning up the mess of the galaxy after the war, probably plenty of political hogwash. new laws, order, etc.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #23
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The last trilogy was pretty bad, Star Wars is in desperate need of a quality re-boot.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with the next 3. In the right hands a new trilogy could be pretty cool.
I concur that the episodes 1-3 were poorly done. The problem IMO was when Lucas took it upon himself to write, direct, and produce all the movies. He simply tried to wear too many masks to be able to create a good movie. Most of his originals were directed by other people, while he was the driving force behind the lore and story. I wished he had done this instead of being such a control freak.


As far as a reboot? **** that. Star Wars should never be rebooted, now I'm in favor of continuing the franchise or story in that universe.



Disney's new logo courtesy of Reddit.

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 10-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I concur that the episodes 1-3 were poorly done. The problem IMO was when Lucas took it upon himself to write, direct, and produce all the movies. He simply tried to wear too many masks to be able to create a good movie. Most of his originals were directed by other people, while he was the driving force behind the lore and story. I wished he had done this instead of being such a control freak.


As far as a reboot? **** that. Star Wars should never be rebooted, now I'm in favor of continuing the franchise or story in that universe.
Reboot/remake whatever you call it, I think it's safe to say the new films will have a different feel than the Lucas ones, that's all.

I wouldn't even mind a more grown up/grittier direction.

Sort of along the lines of Christopher Nolan taking over the Batman films.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Reboot/remake whatever you call it, I think it's safe to say the new films will have a different feel than the Lucas ones, that's all.

I wouldn't even mind a more grown up/grittier direction.

Sort of along the lines of Christopher Nolan taking over the Batman films.
now you're talking.

there is still plenty of room for light-hearted comedy within a mature movie.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #26
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
It would be sick if they brought back Darth Maul...somehow. I dunno maybe it can be like his grandson or something.
I know Maul was one of the few bright spots from 1-3 and the kill him off right away. Sucks. I was thinking last week before all of this they should just make a movie based on Darth Maul and how he came to be.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #27
Camp Scrub
 
ForkLifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Down by the river
Age: 35
Posts: 20
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I know Maul was one of the few bright spots from 1-3 and the kill him off right away. Sucks. I was thinking last week before all of this they should just make a movie based on Darth Maul and how he came to be.
I heard that Darth Maul was the illegitimate child of the Emperor and Aunt Beru's mother, who was actually a queen during the time of the old empire. Beru married Owen as a means to get closer to the rebellion, spy on them, etc. knowing that Owen was Anakin's stepbrother and likely to become involved at some point. Then Luke shows up as her adopted son, but after Maul was killed.

But there may have been another illegitimate sibling, possibly a twin girl, that Beru was unaware of. One with a spikey head and bad complexion. Which leads to Darth Martha, the female equivalent of Darth Maul. She could be in episode 7, avenging the death of Maul and Beru.
ForkLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

The double light saber was totally badass, the only thing that saved episode 1 was that final battle with Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon.

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

from broadswords in the original 3 to katanas in episodes 1-3
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Walt Disney Company to acquire LucasFilm, release new StarWars in 2015

Wish I could give away $4 billion

George Lucas Plans to Give Most of His $4 Billion in Disney Money Away [REPORT]

Interesting, I'll have to read this book

George Lucas Just Saved Star Wars by Firing George Lucas Acculturated
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28831 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25