Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


School Shooting In Connecticut

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #91
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,912
Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting - Yahoo! News

People can be huge pieces of shit at times. This is one of those times.
Seriously. So I guess their solution for this gun control problem is to cripple the budget so that no school in that district can afford even minimal security measures in the future? The money quote in that article is where he talked about how the school failed to provide adequate security for the kids there. He shot out a window, so what's next? Every school in America having locked doors and bullet proof windows? No idea how they're going to afford that when they won't even be able to afford teachers if these people win this lawsuit. I'm pretty confident the security plan at that school is probably very similar to the security plan at schools across America, i.e. only way in is through the main entrance, every other outside door stays locked, once inside you're required to get a visitor's pass, etc. The shitty part is that this probably won't be the last lawsuit either.

Last edited by mooby; 12-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #92
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,648
Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Seriously. So I guess their solution for this gun control problem is to cripple the budget so that no school in that district can afford even minimal security measures in the future? The money quote in that article is where he talked about how the school failed to provide adequate security for the kids there. He shot out a window, so what's next? Every school in America having locked doors and bullet proof windows? No idea how they're going to afford that when they won't even be able to afford teachers if these people win this lawsuit. I'm pretty confident the security plan at that school is probably very similar to the security plan at schools across America, i.e. only way in is through the main entrance, every other outside door stays locked, once inside you're required to get a visitor's pass, etc. The shitty part is that this probably won't be the last lawsuit either.
And that's why it will fail. Sorry, their is no "plan" that adequately addresses random acts of evil. "Review security measures, check; Run Fire drill/bomb scare, check; Practice safety procedures for crazy gunned up nut rampaging through the hallways, check."

The expense is unlikely to be in victorious lawsuit or settlement of them. Rather, it will be in the expense of defending them. Money, as you point out, that could be better spent improving school security.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #93
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,912
Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
And that's why it will fail. Sorry, their is no "plan" that adequately addresses random acts of evil. "Review security measures, check; Run Fire drill/bomb scare, check; Practice safety procedures for crazy gunned up nut rampaging through the hallways, check."

The expense is unlikely to be in victorious lawsuit or settlement of them. Rather, it will be in the expense of defending them. Money, as you point out, that could be better spent improving school security.
Exactly. I understand the parent's concern that their kid might be scarred for life, but to me it screams selfishness because of the countless other lives affected, not just the other kids who witnessed these evil acts but also generations of future kids who will be affected by the massive budget loss that will result from this lawsuit.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #94
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,693
Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

New York woman accused in alleged Newtown charity scam - CNN.com

there is a special place for people like this...
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #95
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
New York woman accused in alleged Newtown charity scam - CNN.com

there is a special place for people like this...
There should be but there isn't.

Society needs to make sure she becomes a social leper. I'm in.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21195 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25