Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Your go to vacation spots

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Your go to vacation spots

My wife and I are getting ready to book some vacations for the upcoming year. What are some of your go to vacation spots? You know... those places you love to go back to over and over.

Ours are Clearwater Fl., planning a trip there in April... nothing like relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand and it's a quick 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight for us.

New Orleans, planning to go again in May... for anyone who loves food, drink and music, hard to beat the Big Easy.

Chicago, big city but it has a small city feel. Great food and lot's to do.

NYC, what can I say, 2 hour train ride from where we live, always a great time in the big apple.

Let's hear some of yours.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,523
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Gulf Shores, Alabama. My parents own a condo down there (thanks 90's bull market) so during the Winter Months when it's not booked up with rentals I at least have to think about going down there. Lots of great memories.
__________________
6.67×10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Long boat key Florida. Beautiful. Not far from Sarasota
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,466
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Florida Gulf Coast. My grandparents lived in Venice, FL for many years, so I went down several times to visit. 20 miles south of Sarasota, an hour south of Tampa, an hour north of Fort Myers. The beaches are great down there.

On our honeymoon, my wife and I did a roadtrip to Key West via Williamsburg, Charleston and Savannah. All of those places make great vacation places. Williamsburg has this historic areas, Busch Gardens and is near Virginia Beach. Charleston has a lot of history, great food. Savannah as well. Key West is just awesome, and I've been trying to get back there ever since I went 8 short year ago.

Delmarva Beaches (Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick, Ocean City). I'm a beach bum (if you couldn't tell from my vacation spots), so this being 3 hours from home and having access to my parents' place there makes it my biggest go-to. Crabbing, fishing, boating, beaching, shopping, eating. Lots to do.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Florida Gulf Coast. My grandparents lived in Venice, FL for many years, so I went down several times to visit. 20 miles south of Sarasota, an hour south of Tampa, an hour north of Fort Myers. The beaches are great down there.

On our honeymoon, my wife and I did a roadtrip to Key West via Williamsburg, Charleston and Savannah. All of those places make great vacation places. Williamsburg has this historic areas, Busch Gardens and is near Virginia Beach. Charleston has a lot of history, great food. Savannah as well. Key West is just awesome, and I've been trying to get back there ever since I went 8 short year ago.

Delmarva Beaches (Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, Fenwick, Ocean City). I'm a beach bum (if you couldn't tell from my vacation spots), so this being 3 hours from home and having access to my parents' place there makes it my biggest go-to. Crabbing, fishing, boating, beaching, shopping, eating. Lots to do.
Best beaches by far are in Florida
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
Smooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 31
Posts: 965
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Its hard to beat a trip to Vegas.
__________________
Same freakout different year.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,523
Re: Your go to vacation spots

It's funny reading all of these comments about how people love to go to the beach. I now realize I actually hate going down to the beach but love looking at it out a window. Then again as mentioned before most of the time I've gone it's been in the winter.
__________________
6.67×10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,352
Miami and Lake Tahoe.
Edit: crandon park beach - miles of white sand and warm water. Sandbars that go on forever. Really beautiful beach.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,849
Planning a trip to the Riviera Maya in Mexico for this summer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,297
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
Its hard to beat a trip to Vegas.
Yup, got married there. Probably go back for our 10 year anniversary which is coming up quick.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Planning a trip to the Riviera Maya in Mexico for this summer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.
If we are talking international possibilities here - Galapagos Islands. Incredible.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,264
Re: Your go to vacation spots

hawai'i (the big island) is nice
lajes is amazing, especially during pria fest or whatever it's called (lajes is off of portugal and it's a lot like hawaii)

tasmania is great

ye olde DC ain't too bad either.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #13
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,341
Re: Your go to vacation spots

The Outer Banks NC - specifically Hatteras Island - its relaxing beach without all the tourists. 3 hours from where I live. My favorite image in the world is climbing over the a massive sand dune to the beach round 10 at night with a beer buzz, seeing a massive moon over the ocean and looking down the beach and seeing the flickering bonfires dot the coast.

NYC - my sister lives in the upper east side and ive been going up since college, probably been bout 10 ten times. I like the overwhelming sense of how small you feel in such a spot. People watching fans have to go period. Nothing beats a concert a MSG or a game at Yankee stadium or a walk around Central Park on a Sunday.
__________________
Ditka for President

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,284
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Fort Myers Beach Florida is our special spot.
And we just love this hotel. You cant beat a Tiki bar right on the beach.

Fort Myers Beach Waterfront Resort Hotel with Beach Front Rooms in Southwest Florida - The Outrigger
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Your go to vacation spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
My wife and I are getting ready to book some vacations for the upcoming year. What are some of your go to vacation spots? You know... those places you love to go back to over and over.

Ours are Clearwater Fl., planning a trip there in April... nothing like relaxing on the beach with a drink in hand and it's a quick 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight for us.

New Orleans, planning to go again in May... for anyone who loves food, drink and music, hard to beat the Big Easy.

Chicago, big city but it has a small city feel. Great food and lot's to do.

NYC, what can I say, 2 hour train ride from where we live, always a great time in the big apple.

Let's hear some of yours.
Oh to not have kids, I LOVE my kids but at times I get jealous of the freedom some folks have without them.

I will live through you!

We generally go to DE Beach's but thsi year we are doing Nag's head. The drive could be killer with a 5 year old and 2 year old. Vacations with small kids though fun is a LOT of work.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28591 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25