Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #106
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

I like this a lot:

Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #107
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sadly had to put my 11 year old Boarder Collie down today. Been a rough few months dog wise.

My wife is just in shatters.

=(

RIP Bailey
Damn....sorry Man, i hear you about rough time with the dogs. It will get better, sadness turns to fond memories and im sure Bailey was loved and happy when she was here with you.
JR - thats great what you do with the xmas present. Very cool. We got our paw prints a couple weeks ago. Couldnt open it up rite away, but we are planning to frame them.
We are going Saturday to adopt another rescue, and are trying for another senior who was found with one eye dangling - I wasnt sure we would want another rite away but knowing there are so many waiting for loving homes breaks my heart - so were getting two.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #108
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Serious condolences.

Probably too late for this, but did you get a pawprint (either in clay or on a piece of paper)? If so, make it into a holiday decoration for her. Lacking that, find a photo and do the same. Lots of things out there for remberance of pets. You could put something under the tree (if that's what you do) from you dogs to her - a necklace with a card "To Mom; From ____".

I sneak a "From Bronwyn" present into my son's room every year. I am pretty sure he knows where it comes from but we both keep up the pretense (I am stuck on what to do this year, however, and time is running out).
Do you have another dog? Maybe Bronwyn can sneak a dog outta the shelter and into his room?
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #109
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,563
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Damn....sorry Man, i hear you about rough time with the dogs. It will get better, sadness turns to fond memories and im sure Bailey was loved and happy when she was here with you.
JR - thats great what you do with the xmas present. Very cool. We got our paw prints a couple weeks ago. Couldnt open it up rite away, but we are planning to frame them.
We are going Saturday to adopt another rescue, and are trying for another senior who was found with one eye dangling - I wasnt sure we would want another rite away but knowing there are so many waiting for loving homes breaks my heart - so were getting two.
thanks and god for you rescuing two. I think in Jan we will start our rescue search as well.

Holy F--k do I have to sweep the floors now so much. Never realized the benefit of living vacuum cleaners.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #110
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
thanks and god for you rescuing two. I think in Jan we will start our rescue search as well.

Holy F--k do I have to sweep the floors now so much. Never realized the benefit of living vacuum cleaners.
Lmao
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #111
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,398
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Do you have another dog? Maybe Bronwyn can sneak a dog outta the shelter and into his room?
No. We have two. One of which is high energy stupid - he is capable of filling the house by himself.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #112
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Here is the new addition to our family. The dog is two yr old Cockapoo.


firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #113
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
No. We have two. One of which is high energy stupid - he is capable of filling the house by himself.
Ahhhh....than how bout a video game. Lol.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #114
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Here is the new addition to our family. The dog is two yr old Cockapoo.


Awesome. I cannot wait to pick ours up saturday nite. A 1-1/2 year old shih tzu. We thought it was 4 but found out different just yesterday. we really originally only wanted to help seniors, but fell in love with the four year old through pictures. Were still tryin for the other which is a senior. Would be thrilled if we get both. Our dog now seems so lonely and depressed. Its sad he misses his girl sooo much.
On a different note - when i had Jules put down i was given two options - either a single cremation, or mixed - in which i was told i would receive "some of her ashes mixed with others". I said that was ok, it was half the cost and i dont really care - when the soul leaves the soul leaves imo. I than asked - after i had checked that option if i had to come pick up the remains. "Yes someone will call you". Ok i said. So a couple weeks has gone by, and i am starting to wonder wtf? I called today and was told that the communal cremation has no remains to pick up, and her ashes are buried "somewhere" in a pet cemetary. That was not the easiest thing i ever had to tell my wife. She kind of holds the ashes sacred.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #115
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,398
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Ahhhh....than how bout a video game. Lol.
Going to make a stencil of her paw print then use it to burn a copy into a slice of the cedar tree that we had to cut down from outside his window.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #116
Special Teams
 
JPPT1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 174
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Any kind of animal becomes like a good family member indeed! Sorry about Sandy!
__________________
Happy Easter Bunnies!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #117
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Going to make a stencil of her paw print then use it to burn a copy into a slice of the cedar tree that we had to cut down from outside his window.
That sounds so much better than a video game. Maybe u could post a pic of it......
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #118
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,659
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

My pup...

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #119
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Awesome. I cannot wait to pick ours up saturday nite. A 1-1/2 year old shih tzu. We thought it was 4 but found out different just yesterday. we really originally only wanted to help seniors, but fell in love with the four year old through pictures. Were still tryin for the other which is a senior. Would be thrilled if we get both. Our dog now seems so lonely and depressed. Its sad he misses his girl sooo much.
On a different note - when i had Jules put down i was given two options - either a single cremation, or mixed - in which i was told i would receive "some of her ashes mixed with others". I said that was ok, it was half the cost and i dont really care - when the soul leaves the soul leaves imo. I than asked - after i had checked that option if i had to come pick up the remains. "Yes someone will call you". Ok i said. So a couple weeks has gone by, and i am starting to wonder wtf? I called today and was told that the communal cremation has no remains to pick up, and her ashes are buried "somewhere" in a pet cemetary. That was not the easiest thing i ever had to tell my wife. She kind of holds the ashes sacred.
Tough when you have to make these decisions. The dog we just got was not a rescue animal but I fell we recued it from a bad home. We almost walked away because the seems afraid of people like maybe he had been hit. It will be two week this Saturday that we picked him up and he has really come out of his shell. He is still a little timid but I think giving some time that will go away.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #120
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Awesome. I cannot wait to pick ours up saturday nite. A 1-1/2 year old shih tzu. We thought it was 4 but found out different just yesterday. we really originally only wanted to help seniors, but fell in love with the four year old through pictures. Were still tryin for the other which is a senior. Would be thrilled if we get both. Our dog now seems so lonely and depressed. Its sad he misses his girl sooo much.
On a different note - when i had Jules put down i was given two options - either a single cremation, or mixed - in which i was told i would receive "some of her ashes mixed with others". I said that was ok, it was half the cost and i dont really care - when the soul leaves the soul leaves imo. I than asked - after i had checked that option if i had to come pick up the remains. "Yes someone will call you". Ok i said. So a couple weeks has gone by, and i am starting to wonder wtf? I called today and was told that the communal cremation has no remains to pick up, and her ashes are buried "somewhere" in a pet cemetary. That was not the easiest thing i ever had to tell my wife. She kind of holds the ashes sacred.
Wow that's serious BS. I hope you got 100% of your money back. Because that's the kind of crap that deserves to be on the 6 oclock news.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25762 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25