Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #46
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,692
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I never understood why people freak out and hit the grocery stores like they're going to be snowed in for months.
I only go because I have a 1 year old and she needs her whole milk. I bought two gallons at lunch time.


Outside of that I could probably live off of for a week crap we bought but never ate and I am only counting my can cabinet.

When are you truly out of food? You maybe out of stuff you feel like eating at the moment but usually you can find something to eat in your home.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #47
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!



I really appreciate the Capital Weather Gang's blog when weather starts to cause concerns.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #48
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost;996405[B
]Looks like we should definitely see at least 3 inches [/B]from what I've read, but right now looks more like 8 inches to 12 inches.
When did they start naming winter storms.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #49
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,128
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post


I really appreciate the Capital Weather Gang's blog when weather starts to cause concerns.
I'm gonna need that purple area to move a scootch over to the right and cover up DC.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #50
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm gonna need that purple area to move a scootch over to the right and cover up DC.
Here I couldn't just move it scootch so moved it a scotch.

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #51
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
When did they start naming winter storms.
That's a good question, pretty stupid IMO.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #52
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,128
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Here I couldn't just move it scootch so moved it a scotch.

lol thanks FD!
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #53
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,651
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

So I am supposed to have a hearing in Denton tomorrow which includes a property site visit.

Because of this, I predict it will snow just enough to make my life miserable.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #54
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,651
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I only go because I have a 1 year old and she needs her whole milk. I bought two gallons at lunch time.


Outside of that I could probably live off of for a week crap we bought but never ate and I am only counting my can cabinet.

When are you truly out of food? You maybe out of stuff you feel like eating at the moment but usually you can find something to eat in your home.
Shoot, even after the food is gone, there is always cannibalism. Heck, CRed would feed a family of four for weeks.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #55
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So I am supposed to have a hearing in Denton tomorrow which includes a property site visit.

Because of this, I predict it will snow just enough to make my life miserable.
Well if you want I can fix the map for you to make your day better.

Last edited by firstdown; 03-05-2013 at 10:16 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #56
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Capital Weather Gang saying we should have several inches on ground by AM.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #57
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,872
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Local station here is saying 15 to 20 inches of snow by tomorrow evening. It's already snowing here, and our cars and ground are covered.

I love the snow but i'm actually nervous as hell to drive to work tomorrow. I am a good snow driver, and on the weekends when it snows i go out in the pickup and ride around with no problem, but this is the first time i've ever went to work in a snowstorm of this magnitude. very afraid that i might get stranded at work, i'm debating about taking an extra change of clothes just in case i can't get out.

If i do get home though we are gonna have lots of fun with the outdoor equipment, plows, atvs, etc...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #58
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,128
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Local station here is saying 15 to 20 inches of snow by tomorrow evening. It's already snowing here, and our cars and ground are covered.

I love the snow but i'm actually nervous as hell to drive to work tomorrow. I am a good snow driver, and on the weekends when it snows i go out in the pickup and ride around with no problem, but this is the first time i've ever went to work in a snowstorm of this magnitude. very afraid that i might get stranded at work, i'm debating about taking an extra change of clothes just in case i can't get out.

If i do get home though we are gonna have lots of fun with the outdoor equipment, plows, atvs, etc...
There's no way you can call out? I mean 2ft of snow isn't exactly the kind of thing that is movable in a short period of time. I expect clean up there to take a few days.

5 day weekend?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #59
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,872
Re: It's *&^%$# cold out!!

Well, to be honest i think i could call out, but it would be frowned upon.

The reason i say that is that we were sent an email this afternoon in Re: to the snow, and we were told that we were expected to be at work tomorrow.

Now, at the time that was sent, it was 45 degrees and sunny so maybe the company was just doing due diligence. I am hoping and praying that i wake up in the morning and have a call or a text from the boss saying to not come in, that the office will be closed.

We could have 10 inches on the ground by morning i mean it's snowing to beat the band out there right now....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #60
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Shoot, even after the food is gone, there is always cannibalism. Heck, CRed would feed a family of four for weeks.
yup I know how to pan sear an older brother up GOOD! and with that the beer would last longer too!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27844 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25