Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #61
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hate to guess, but whats the feeling: Domestic or act of a foreign terrorist? At first, the simultaneous explosion and the reported possible cell phone use to detonate the bomb, possible saudi aprehended lead me to believe your foreign terrorist. But in the back of my mind, patriots day, got me thinking this is domestic.
My guess is domestic.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #62
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Domestic.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,301
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

I agree its domestic. It just smells that way.
Cant wait to see who the asshole is that did this.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #64
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,644
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

I think if it was foreign, they woulda tried something more elaborate with a HE blast wave that woulda taken out many more. It horrible to say, but foreign terrorist are probably not trying to take out store fronts, but the whole building(s).
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #65
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,752
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
My guess is domestic.

This. I no doubt think it's domestic related.


I wouldn't be surprised if it's some nutcase like all the other public mass murderers that wants his works and glory splattered all over the news. To me, if you have a beef with the government (Abortion clinics/Fed/Congress/President/FBI/CIA/IRS) and thought that violence was the only way to solve the issues, you'd target those areas you had the beef with, not innocent people. Look at the past domestic terrorism and you see they all clearly targeted the people they had issues with.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #66
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Bombings always seem to have a domestic feel to them, though I know that's not always the case.

Reminds me of the ATL Olympic Park bombing back in the 90s.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

A trained terrorist would have set a second blast in the same spot as the first to nail all the first responders too... and they would have blasted the opening of the race with the higher density of people... the bomb locations were pretty bad for someone trying to kill a ton of people.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't domestic.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #68
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This. I no doubt think it's domestic related.


I wouldn't be surprised if it's some nutcase like all the other public mass murderers that wants his works and glory splattered all over the news. To me, if you have a beef with the government (Abortion clinics/Fed/Congress/President/FBI/CIA/IRS) and thought that violence was the only way to solve the issues, you'd target those areas you had the beef with, not innocent people. Look at the past domestic terrorism and you see they all clearly targeted the people they had issues with.

I agree with some of this.

It feels domestic to me, BUT attacks on random innocent people as opposed to govt offices, corporate headquarters, laborites, or important persons makes it feel a lot different to me. It makes me feel like it was just one crazy guy or perhaps a very small group acting distinctly and independent to whatever group they will be one day tied with.

And because i think it was only a person or 2 i think it could very easily be for any reason. A lonewolf who is mentally ill, far left or far right, considers himself an islamist or sympathises with a anti-America group all seem just as likely.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #69
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,752
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I agree with some of this.

It feels domestic to me, BUT attacks on random innocent people as opposed to govt offices, corporate headquarters, laborites, or important persons makes it feel a lot different to me. It makes me feel like it was just one crazy guy or perhaps a very small group acting distinctly and independent to whatever group they will be one day tied with.

And because i think it was only a person or 2 i think it could very easily be for any reason. A lonewolf who is mentally ill, far left or far right, considers himself an islamist or sympathises with a anti-America group all seem just as likely.

So exactly what part didn't you agree with? I said I thought this would probably be just like the other mass murderers that have happened. Politically motivated attacks generally focus on the group they have issues with.

Why does it have to be a Islamic or "anti-American" group? Eric Rudolph very much prided himself in being a "American" and bombed abortion clinics and the Atlanta Olympics. To him, he was doing "gods work" by stopping the murder of innocent babies.......by murdering innocent doctors/nurses. Timothy McVeigh wasn't Islamic or sympathize with islamic terrorist groups.

Just a note about the Atlanta Olympics bombing, Rudolph has made a statement that the bomb was intended for a specific target, and with dated timers and explosives he was working with, it created more damage than what he intended. He even went on to apologize to the people he hurt indirectly. That said, he's still ****ed in the head.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #70
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
A trained terrorist would have set a second blast in the same spot as the first to nail all the first responders too... and they would have blasted the opening of the race with the higher density of people... the bomb locations were pretty bad for someone trying to kill a ton of people.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't domestic.
I thought this too. It made me almost feel like maybe the attacker was trying to make a point more so than kill as many people as possible.

Although it may be much harder for a person to place bombs at that location as the Boston Marathon starts off in a small country town and the runners gather in a park waiting to run. You might have to have a bib on or a pass to get close to where the runners are waiting and there may not be any hiding spots or trash cans to place your bombs. If you are acting alone and trying to pass off as a runner it may be impossible to get one bomb sized devise into the area, let alone two, when wearing minimul clothing. Often there are checkins and security at the start of the race, while little to no security throughout a race or at spectator spots.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #71
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

it is a pretty crazy scene at the end of a marathon I can't imagine how crazy it was yesterday. Medical folks still had to help those runners that need assistance plus the bomb victims.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #72
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,714
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Well,

I'll just keep with my current obsession, and say this was done by a NK sympathizer.

Now that everyone has shaken their heads and rolled their eyes:
things we know:
NK never ever acknowledges responsibility for their attacks.
K-Un wants to attack the US.
The bomb was a basic, ie not mid eastern quality, attempt.
Eastern seaboard attacks would never be missiles, because they couldn't reach them.

All that said,
It was probably a domestic job local to Boston political shenanigans.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #73
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well,

I'll just keep with my current obsession, and say this was done by a NK sympathizer.

Now that everyone has shaken their heads and rolled their eyes:
things we know:
NK never ever acknowledges responsibility for their attacks.
K-Un wants to attack the US.
The bomb was a basic, ie not mid eastern quality, attempt.
Eastern seaboard attacks would never be missiles, because they couldn't reach them.

All that said,
It was probably a domestic job local to Boston political shenanigans.
They are saying its probably a pressure cooker bomb and those have been used by the ME in the past.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,714
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
They are saying its probably a pressure cooker bomb and those have been used by the ME in the past.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that NK's learned from ME terrorists, my point on quality we expect that ME terrorists bombs would be more refined. NK's attempts would likely be less refined, hence not the same quality, even if of the same style.

But, if it were NK I also think we would have seen a few different localities at once, which is why I ended saying it's probably domestic.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #75
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Update: Second Boston Marathon Suspect Captured

One of the three that died.



Krystle Campbell, a 29-year-old Massachusetts woman described by her father as 'the most lovable girl,' was identified as the second Boston attack victim.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30215 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25