Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Memorial Day Weekend.

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Memorial Day Weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ,weather should be nice here in the mid-Atlantic and north East .Please lets not forget why this holiday exist if you can sometime during the weekend just try to remember a Veteran or a quick prayer to say Thank you and to their family for the sacrifice they and their family have made for this country , Thank You.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

I promise to remember that the Giants suck.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I promise to remember that the Giants suck.
Me too!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,234
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

My left nut needs a name.
I think I'll call him Eli.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,180
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

I heard they other day that Memorial Day was first meant to be a day when everyone would go to a soldier's grave and place flowers. This may seem "duh" to most people but I knew you were suppposed to honor and remember the fallen (as you bbq and drink beer) but i never made the connection that you were supposed to go to a grave to honor.

I would really love to do that. I have my dad and my granddad's grave right next to each other and would love to drive up to frederick .... really hope I can make that happen around my work schedule.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

.....so true.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I heard they other day that Memorial Day was first meant to be a day when everyone would go to a soldier's grave and place flowers. This may seem "duh" to most people but I knew you were suppposed to honor and remember the fallen (as you bbq and drink beer) but i never made the connection that you were supposed to go to a grave to honor.

I would really love to do that. I have my dad and my granddad's grave right next to each other and would love to drive up to frederick .... really hope I can make that happen around my work schedule.


http://cf.komonews.com/100531_Memorial_Day_1.jpg


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

My grandpa was one of the first black soldiers who served over in Germany. My favorite story he told is about how the German locals would keep trying to look at the behinds of the black regiment because they had never seen black people before and believed that they all had tails (like a monkey).

RIP Pop.

I don't go out to the grave (I typically end up working) but my mom and my grandma do ever since his death in 2007.

Every Memorial Day and his birthday.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #10
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
My grandpa was one of the first black soldiers who served over in Germany. My favorite story he told is about how the German locals would keep trying to look at the behinds of the black regiment because they had never seen black people before and believed that they all had tails (like a monkey).

RIP Pop.

I don't go out to the grave (I typically end up working) but my mom and my grandma do ever since his death in 2007.

Every Memorial Day and his birthday.
Thats cool about your grandpa,dont know if i believe the germans were that stupid but it makes for a good story
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Great stuff Drave and an admirable Memorial day.......remembrance
I hope you can make the trip with Mom and Grandma this year
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:16 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: Memorial Day Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
My grandpa was one of the first black soldiers who served over in Germany. My favorite story he told is about how the German locals would keep trying to look at the behinds of the black regiment because they had never seen black people before and believed that they all had tails (like a monkey).

RIP Pop.

I don't go out to the grave (I typically end up working) but my mom and my grandma do ever since his death in 2007.

Every Memorial Day and his birthday.

On behalf of my family and I, may I thank you for his service to this country.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24167 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25