Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #31
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,221
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You work for the state? Jesus, effing amazing.
That would be correct. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job and most of the people are hard working people that do right. It's just 3 out of the bunch that really make everybody else look bad. I blame my boss more than I do them at this point because he allows it. This is the thing though, my boss is 62 years old and has various health issues. He's going to retire in the next 5 years so he's pretty much coasting during this time. He doesn't want to deal with it so he just ignores it and hopes it goes away. As long as the other guys are carrying their load, he simply doesn't give a fuck. That's what happens when people get close to that retirement age. The good thing about him is he's easy going with his demeanor. He's not a raging asshole and pretty easy to get along with and talk to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I thought the same thing.

NC, I think the issue is posting pics online with identifying and derogatory comments anywhere on the internet are just setting yourself up for failure.

Hypothetical, one of your co-workers develops a grudge against either you, or the guy in the chair. They know you are a Skins fan and lurk on the site to see if they can find something. From there they take that post and report you. You have just opened yourself,and the state, up to a whole other level of legal implications. Even without the pictures you some action might be possible, but that guy could go after you for libel, and as you know very well, the truth doesn't always win out.

First off, nobody would know which Redskins site I visit. They'd then have to know my handle. Lastly, they would then have to look under that exact thread to see the pictures.


Take the post and report me for what? Exposing NC state workers for being bums and stealing from the state of NC? I assure you, I have enough evidence and witnesses to bury anybody above me should they ever want to act. Here is the problem. All three of these guys are falsifying their time sheets(automatic termination) which have to be signed by our boss each month. Our boss KNOWS those time sheets are falsified, yet he signs them anyway. Now, there is more than enough evidence to prove our boss is signing those time sheets knowing they aren't correct, and you think I would be the one in trouble?...lol We have these people on camera going into the ABC store during working hours, leaving early, and other assorted things.

I assure you, I'm not worried about what I wrote up there, nor am I worried about a libel suit. That isn't opinion based writing. It's factual writing that can be corroborated by witnesses and evidence. In fact, they better hope the god my (or another persons) blood doesn't reach the point where an anonymous email is sent to the NC auditors. I've never seen management jump quite like do when the auditors roll in.

Also, I'm not worried about my co-workers. I have a great working relationship with them, and they are also in on the emails/jokes that go around. They pretty much feel like I do. It's basically 3 guys doing all this out of a group of about 15. The rest of the crew are hard working guys that do what they are supposed to do. It's just those 3 are enough to make the environment toxic.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-28-2014 at 10:34 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #32
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,221
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm making no comment on your work situation, which by all rights sounds like it's deserving of the bad news thread. I feel for you on that. But I'm in a management position, and if I found any of my employees posting pictures on the internet of the workplace, they'd be fired that very day. It's just a big no-no. Can't do it.

As for your situation, that does suck. Bosses need to create a work environment that encourages everyone to pull their weight and then some. Sounds like your boss isn't. Hope you're looking for another place to work where you can make a bigger difference.

I wouldn't post it on a place that is very visible or easily found. Nobody knows who I am, and there are other Redskins fans in the building.

Thing is, my employer can't fire me for simply posting photos of a person sleeping on the job. Now if I were to post some racist comment or tweet from my social media site, that may be a bit different.

Also, maybe we should question YOUR management skills if you would instantly fire a person for posting a photo of a person at work. It's sad the whistleblowers catch more heat than the people doing wrong.


Not looking for another job. My boss is going to retire within a few years so we won't have to deal with it much longer. The 93K a year wiring manager is retiring in July so that's one gone from the mix. The good thing for me though is I don't have anything tying me down so I can pack up and move if I want. I like my job and I enjoy working for my alma mater. That said, I'm just frustrated this kind of crap goes on.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #33
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,221
Re: The Bad News Thread

One more thing, I never posted the pictures with the intention they'd stay up for eternity. At some point they'll be taken down. I just wanted you guys to get a real grasp of the bad news posted. Also, I did not take these pictures. These gems are compliments of my other co-worker. You should see the photoshop pictures they made.....haha
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #34
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think your judgment in posting these photos on the internet tells me all that I need to know about your potential for management.

Why? If you get drunk and pass out at work you deserve to have the pics posted on the internet. I agree with Chico. This made me lol literally. However i stopped because this is the bad news thread. Which is what its like when you work with a bunch of overpaid lazy mother fuckers. Atleast i know im not the only one. Thanks NC.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #35
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I wouldn't post it on a place that is very visible or easily found. Nobody knows who I am, and there are other Redskins fans in the building.

Thing is, my employer can't fire me for simply posting photos of a person sleeping on the job. Now if I were to post some racist comment or tweet from my social media site, that may be a bit different.

Also, maybe we should question YOUR management skills if you would instantly fire a person for posting a photo of a person at work. It's sad the whistleblowers catch more heat than the people doing wrong.


Not looking for another job. My boss is going to retire within a few years so we won't have to deal with it much longer. The 93K a year wiring manager is retiring in July so that's one gone from the mix. The good thing for me though is I don't have anything tying me down so I can pack up and move if I want. I like my job and I enjoy working for my alma mater. That said, I'm just frustrated this kind of crap goes on.
Clearly you don't have the strongest understanding of legal liability. Posting this on the Internet with the level of descriptiveness you did exposes you to the possibility of charges of libel. Like you say, nobody will probably find out. But the reason I question your judgment is you clearly haven't thought through the cost/benefit here. What do you gain out of doing this? Venting? That's an emotional decision and shows you're too reactionary to ever be considered for management duties where thinking before pressing send isn't just a suggestion, it's required.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I know you are going to get mad but here it comes anyway. Two wrongs don't make a right and what you did (are doing) is wrong, you have no idea what is going on in this mans life and unless you do you should stay out of it ,or at least keep it in office .Sorry but trying to justify it and say they are taking advantage of others or the state is BS.

Wow. NC works with these people so I would imagine he knows whether they are pulling their weight or not. If they arent it makes your job tougher so eff them. Also - I am sure this isnt the first time that Al has slept while NC does his job. Lastly if there is something so terrible going on in this mans life that he gets drunk and fAlls asleep at work than they have personal, sick , fmla days that you can use to "deal" with the situation. Doesnt look like Al wants to deal with anything. What if one of the Giants got drunk and slept through a meeting? You would want his ass shitcanned. Why should Al catch a break?
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #37
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,803
Re: The Bad News Thread

I've heard of people getting fired just for posting pictures of receipts of their shitty tips. Credit card info blacked out and all.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:57 AM   #38
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,221
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Clearly you don't have the strongest understanding of legal liability. Posting this on the Internet with the level of descriptiveness you did exposes you to the possibility of charges of libel. Like you say, nobody will probably find out.
I assure you, I think before I act on anything. I'm pretty analytical about stuff and I'm quite aware of the situation. Hell, I work in a field dictated on logic. Libel. That would mean something I said is false. Well considering I have the evidence and people to back up the statements, I'd say what I said was the truth. Libel is when the statements are false. Maybe JR can roll into here and shed some light on the legal aspect of it. I mean hell, if Dan Snyder didn't have a shot in hell at winning against Dave McKenna on the piece he wrote, what's the odds on some bum winning against what I said? I told you, we have evidence (which we save) of these wrongdoings. Pictures, camera footage, falsified documents....and so on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
But the reason I question your judgment is you clearly haven't thought through the cost/benefit here. What do you gain out of doing this? Venting? That's an emotional decision and shows you're too reactionary to ever be considered for management duties where thinking before pressing send isn't just a suggestion, it's required.
Venting? Nah. At this point, you have to laugh at the shit. It's comical, which is why we take these pictures send them to other co-workers so we can laugh. Quite frankly, I don't even care at this point. What are they going to do to me? Fire me? /laugh

It would be very hard for them to do that with the type of damning information I hold. They would slit their own throat in doing so. If my superior wants to lose his job as well, by all means have at it. Besides, I've only seen four people fired in the 10+ years I've worked with the state. Even one of those had a chance to resign the final day because they didn't want to fire him. He chose poorly.

The only thing that doesn't make me management material is that I can't cover up shit, nor sit on things that aren't right. I can't lie to my co-workers and blow smoke up their ass. If that is what it takes to be a "management material", I can honestly say I'm a much better person than any manager out there. Besides, who gives a fuck about being a manager? I certainly don't. My sense of self worth isn't defined by a title, salary or promotion.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:02 AM   #39
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,221
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I've heard of people getting fired just for posting pictures of receipts of their shitty tips. Credit card info blacked out and all.

This is true, and many states are right to work states meaning your employer can fire you for ANY reason regardless of race, sex and religion.


That said, I'm not under that kind of circumstance. We have protocols and steps to go through before we are fired. There are a few things that would get you automatically terminated though and that generally includes embezzlement and falsifying time sheets. It has to be pretty severe to be automatically terminated. Hell, we had a alcoholic that stayed around for 9 months before he finally got fired. Even on his last day, he was given a final chance to resign before they fired him. This dude had to be drove home from work many times by fellow co-workers and his own boss because he was shit faced drunk at work. You have to be a fuck up of the highest order to get fired around here. Hell, the guys I posted about are still here even after all I've posted.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #40
Special Teams
 
JPPT1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 198
Re: The Bad News Thread

Really need to keep your tips to yourselves. If you want to complain, then complain about it to your friends and family. But don't put it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc!
__________________
Merry Christmas!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wow. What if one of the Giants got drunk and slept through a meeting? You would want his ass shitcanned. Why should Al catch a break?

This has nothing to do with the Giants or football .Attacking supervisors and posting their salaries and pics on line is not the way to solve the problem .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #42
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I assure you, I think before I act on anything. I'm pretty analytical about stuff and I'm quite aware of the situation. Hell, I work in a field dictated on logic. Libel. That would mean something I said is false. Well considering I have the evidence and people to back up the statements, I'd say what I said was the truth. Libel is when the statements are false. Maybe JR can roll into here and shed some light on the legal aspect of it. I mean hell, if Dan Snyder didn't have a shot in hell at winning against Dave McKenna on the piece he wrote, what's the odds on some bum winning against what I said? I told you, we have evidence (which we save) of these wrongdoings. Pictures, camera footage, falsified documents....and so on.




Venting? Nah. At this point, you have to laugh at the shit. It's comical, which is why we take these pictures send them to other co-workers so we can laugh. Quite frankly, I don't even care at this point. What are they going to do to me? Fire me? /laugh

It would be very hard for them to do that with the type of damning information I hold. They would slit their own throat in doing so. If my superior wants to lose his job as well, by all means have at it. Besides, I've only seen four people fired in the 10+ years I've worked with the state. Even one of those had a chance to resign the final day because they didn't want to fire him. He chose poorly.

The only thing that doesn't make me management material is that I can't cover up shit, nor sit on things that aren't right. I can't lie to my co-workers and blow smoke up their ass. If that is what it takes to be a "management material", I can honestly say I'm a much better person than any manager out there. Besides, who gives a fuck about being a manager? I certainly don't. My sense of self worth isn't defined by a title, salary or promotion.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This has nothing to do with the Giants or football .Attacking supervisors and posting their salaries and pics on line is not the way to solve the problem .

Should not matter if it is a manager/supervisor, or not. They are held, (or should be), to the same standards as far as compliance / company policy.
Look, while I agree that NC could get himself into hot water over the pics and info - you know damn well that it is a major stretch to think somebody is going to lurk through different Redskins Fan sites to try and find out if NC is posting pictures of Al sleeping at his desk. As a matter of fact it is absurd.
The real issue is that you have a state worker coming in, making alot of money, and catching a buzz before naptime! Ed is the reason this country is in the state it is in, not NC.
Edit: Al not Ed. Lol.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.

Last edited by punch it in; 03-29-2014 at 10:05 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,898
Re: The Bad News Thread

Strange. I don't recall any outrage over the picture of DevinThomas sleeping thru meetings.

F people who sleep at work, I wish I'd gone to supervisors over a similar situation. Bravo NCskins.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #45
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Strange. I don't recall any outrage over the picture of DevinThomas sleeping thru meetings.

F people who sleep at work, I wish I'd gone to supervisors over a similar situation. Bravo NCskins.
Going to supervisors would be a good way to handle it, but he instead posted sensitive information online. That's not a great example of keeping things in house. He's a fucking idiot.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22278 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25