Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook


Suggestion - Post Counts

Playbook


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #31
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,406
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

I havent been paying attention,did the vip thing disappear with the post count? when did that go away?
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #32
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I havent been paying attention,did the vip thing disappear with the post count? when did that go away?
:confused:

I still see it.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,085
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I havent been paying attention,did the vip thing disappear with the post count? when did that go away?
It's right under your name
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I see your point. I even agree with it. I just beleive that humans inherantly like to separate themselves, so next on someones list is age. Unfortunately A 40 year old is not going to respect an 18 year old like he would a 37 year old...or 34 year old.
I personally have always looked at the quality. But I completely understand that there are a bunch that don't.
I agree - that's why I don't have my age listed. It's irrelevant to whether I make good points or bad points.

As for the post counts, I don't really see the point in removing them, but I don't really care either. It just means I'll have to change my sig...

EDIT: I understand the argument for removing them, I just don't think it necessarily follows that people who post to up their post count will stop doing so simply because it's no longer displayed under their name.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #35
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I agree - that's why I don't have my age listed. It's irrelevant to whether I make good points or bad points.

As for the post counts, I don't really see the point in removing them, but I don't really care either. It just means I'll have to change my sig...

EDIT: I understand the argument for removing them, I just don't think it necessarily follows that people who post to up their post count will stop doing so simply because it's no longer displayed under their name.
Yeah I don't think it will change anything for people who are already here. But I think it might make a difference for the noob who's about to join next month. He's not going to see any post counts. Maybe he's not the type to care about running up a post count. But if he is, the incentive to do so will be gone.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah I don't think it will change anything for people who are already here. But I think it might make a difference for the noob who's about to join next month. He's not going to see any post counts. Maybe he's not the type to care about running up a post count. But if he is, the incentive to do so will be gone.
Fair enough.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #37
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Ok Now that I see what its all about I have to agree with it!
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #38
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I agree - that's why I don't have my age listed. It's irrelevant to whether I make good points or bad points.

As for the post counts, I don't really see the point in removing them, but I don't really care either. It just means I'll have to change my sig...

EDIT: I understand the argument for removing them, I just don't think it necessarily follows that people who post to up their post count will stop doing so simply because it's no longer displayed under their name.
I agree remove the age...then we dont have to worry about someone calling you dumb because their 50 and your like 18!
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg86 View Post
I agree remove the age...then we dont have to worry about someone calling you dumb because their 50 and your like 18!
Awww man! I just changed my age so people would give my words more consideration.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #40
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,479
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Alzheimer's is not your friend.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #41
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

I am the only one who thinks all this removing posts counts and age is beyond ridiculous? I mean it seems to me we are solving a problem that doesn't exist. Waste of time if you ask me. The problem isn't post counts or age it is idiots and morons and not a one of them will not be an idiot or moron simply because age and post counts are gone.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I am the only one who thinks all this removing posts counts and age is beyond ridiculous? I mean it seems to me we are solving a problem that doesn't exist. Waste of time if you ask me. The problem isn't post counts or age it is idiots and morons and not a one of them will not be an idiot or moron simply because age and post counts are gone.
Nope - I'm with you on this one. That said, now that they are gone, I wouldn't waste the effort to bring them back.
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #43
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I am the only one who thinks all this removing posts counts and age is beyond ridiculous? I mean it seems to me we are solving a problem that doesn't exist. Waste of time if you ask me. The problem isn't post counts or age it is idiots and morons and not a one of them will not be an idiot or moron simply because age and post counts are gone.
I assume that removing the post counts from the display is as easy as clicking a button. I highly doubt Matty had to expend any effort to make it happen.

If it did take effort, I hope you didn't go to that much trouble Matty.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,085
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Removing them took a quick code edit, nothing that couldn't be restored in about 3 seconds.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #45
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,479
Re: Suggestion - Post Counts

Now that you've listened to that request Matty, how about changing the posting time back to twenty seconds even though I just recently asked (because I'm a douchebag).
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26556 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25