Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook


So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Playbook


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Ok, I started a thread where all Kook Aid drinkers could seek amnesty. The thread was going well until Smootsmack decided to put it into thread hell, not because he could logically dispute it, but because he disagreed with the idea in general. So, I go back to the Warpath Myth v. Reality thread, do we have the right to debate, or will the Kool Aid Drinkers, aka Smootsmack, control the site with their own personal ideas of what is and is not appropriate?
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

There is freedom of intelligent speech. If you act like an idiot, you'll be treaded like an idiot.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
There is freedom of intelligent speech. If you act like an idiot, you'll be treaded like an idiot.

So, acting like an "idiot" is disagreeing with the Kool Aid drinkers that this team is on the right path? Gimme a break, the Kool Aid drinkers have been exposed for what they are, blind followers of Gibbs 2.0.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
No new threads for you
 
pdid5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: north dakota
Posts: 121
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Seems like any critiscm of campbell is always looked at as idiotic or dumb.
pdid5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
So, acting like an "idiot" is disagreeing with the Kool Aid drinkers that this team is on the right path? Gimme a break, the Kool Aid drinkers have been exposed for what they are, blind followers of Gibbs 2.0.

It's all about delivery. You do it with respect and thoughtfulnesses. Blaming certain individuals for how the season going is idiotic. Do you honestly think if we bring another coach in this team would fair any better? If your answer is yes, how so?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 48
Posts: 253
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

thoughtfulnesses?? sorry,couldnt resist
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
It's all about delivery. You do it with respect and thoughtfulnesses. Blaming certain individuals for how the season going is idiotic. Do you honestly think if we bring another coach in this team would fair any better? If your answer is yes, how so?

Ok, fair argument. I believe that bringing a different coach here would change things in the following manner:

1. I believe that a real "coach" would not want to also be a GM. In other words, a real coach coaches his players, and relies on a GM to evaluate and select certain talent.

2. A real coach does a much better job of clock management, and selecting plays to challenge. Joe Gibbs is horrible on both those counts. The guy cannot effectively challenge a play, and his clock managment has been god awful.

3. A real coach finds a way to win regardless of a few injuries. This ties back to the GM argument in No.1. Had we had the depth at the o-line through the draft, the injuries would not be such a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brandon Lloyd this would not be a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brunnel and T.J. Duckett, this would not be a big deal.

4. Either you call the plays or you do not. Don't sit here and tell me Al Saunders calls all the plays irrespective of Gibbs, that's bullshilt. Gibbs has the final say on play calling. So, it was Gibbs who decided to go for it on 4th down against the Bucs rather than kick a field goal. A real coach kicks the damb ball and takes the points.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Ok, fair argument. I believe that bringing a different coach here would change things in the following manner:

1. I believe that a real "coach" would not want to also be a GM. In other words, a real coach coaches his players, and relies on a GM to evaluate and select certain talent.

2. A real coach does a much better job of clock management, and selecting plays to challenge. Joe Gibbs is horrible on both those counts. The guy cannot effectively challenge a play, and his clock managment has been god awful.

3. A real coach finds a way to win regardless of a few injuries. This ties back to the GM argument in No.1. Had we had the depth at the o-line through the draft, the injuries would not be such a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brandon Lloyd this would not be a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brunnel and T.J. Duckett, this would not be a big deal.

4. Either you call the plays or you do not. Don't sit here and tell me Al Saunders calls all the plays irrespective of Gibbs, that's bullshilt. Gibbs has the final say on play calling. So, it was Gibbs who decided to go for it on 4th down against the Bucs rather than kick a field goal. A real coach kicks the damb ball and takes the points.
I honestly think that our clock management has been much improved these last 3 weeks. Like today we called a timeout with 3:30 left, something we wouldn't have done 4 weeks ago we would saved those timeouts until after the 2 minute warning most likely.

We really needed that touchdown. The field goal would have changed nothing. We needed a touchdown and the coaches thought that our players where good enough to get a foot and a half.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 36
Posts: 3,223
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Gibbs has no fire left in him. he is done after this season. but i think we promote Greg Williams to Head coach and keep saunders as our offense coordinator. i think williams has what it takes to be a head coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
Impact Rookie
 
LMsexyAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 684
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Ok, I started a thread where all Kook Aid drinkers could seek amnesty. The thread was going well until Smootsmack decided to put it into thread hell, not because he could logically dispute it, but because he disagreed with the idea in general. So, I go back to the Warpath Myth v. Reality thread, do we have the right to debate, or will the Kool Aid Drinkers, aka Smootsmack, control the site with their own personal ideas of what is and is not appropriate?

You are really pissing everyone off, maybe that's why? This whole fucking "Kool Aid Drinkers" stereotype for anyone who thinks we have a GOOD football team is absolutely ridiculous. You act like you're the SAVIOR of all Redskins fans, the only one with the right answers, trying to open our eyes to the truth that Gibbs sucks.

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Why do you insist on ATTACKING other fans?? "Allowing" them to "seek" amnesty? Who the fuck are you? WE ARE STILL A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU might not think so, that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it on this web site. STOP thinking that you're better than everyone else and that you are being repressed for trying to spread the truth.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
Ocliw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Age: 48
Posts: 253
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

I guess its politically correct to support Gibbs but thats a damn tall order as of late.
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
You are really pissing everyone off, maybe that's why? This whole fucking "Kool Aid Drinkers" stereotype for anyone who thinks we have a GOOD football team is absolutely ridiculous. You act like you're the SAVIOR of all Redskins fans, the only one with the right answers, trying to open our eyes to the truth that Gibbs sucks.

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Why do you insist on ATTACKING other fans?? "Allowing" them to "seek" amnesty? Who the fuck are you? WE ARE STILL A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU might not think so, that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it on this web site. STOP thinking that you're better than everyone else and that you are being repressed for trying to spread the truth.

First off, I love JC and he was one of the few good pickups of this regime. He is a legit bad ass in this league. Next, why am I "stupid" because I think this team is headed to hell in a handbasket? If Campbell makes the TD throw then what? We barely beat a team with their backup QB and no running game, gimme a break lady. WE ARE NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. And I think Im being repressed because my threads are mysterioulsy snubbed.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
You are really pissing everyone off, maybe that's why? This whole fucking "Kool Aid Drinkers" stereotype for anyone who thinks we have a GOOD football team is absolutely ridiculous. You act like you're the SAVIOR of all Redskins fans, the only one with the right answers, trying to open our eyes to the truth that Gibbs sucks.

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Why do you insist on ATTACKING other fans?? "Allowing" them to "seek" amnesty? Who the fuck are you? WE ARE STILL A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU might not think so, that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it on this web site. STOP thinking that you're better than everyone else and that you are being repressed for trying to spread the truth.

I love this part:

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts........

Whatever, the game is what it is, and the head coach takes responsibility. This team is done, and Joe Gibbs is the problem. Give me a new head coach and a GM and I'll then drink the kool aid for 3 years, Gibbs 3 years are done.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #14
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,472
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

C'mon PSF you're just trying to instigate. There are better ways to go about having this discussion.

If there was no freedom of speech here you certainly wouldn't be around, and you wouldn't be sporting annoying signatures all the time.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
jgalecpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 458
Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
First off, I love JC and he was one of the few good pickups of this regime.
Personally, I find the following were also good acquisitions ( in no particular order):

1. Chris Cooley
2. London Fletcher
3. Laron Landry.
4. Shaun Suisham
5. Sean Taylor
6. James Thrash, and I'll even throw in
7. Stephon Heyer ( a diamond in the rough).



I think the Redskins have been snake-bit this year by injuries. Some years that happens.

IMHO.

J-Dawg
__________________
Theismann: You're wrong, the rule is wrong, the refs are wrong, and I'm right
jgalecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25