Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   V. Jackson "Prepared to Sit out season" (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38155)

ethat001 08-29-2010 07:58 PM

Re: V. Jackson "Prepared to Sit out season"

[quote=NYCskinfan82;725256]Que Dream Sequence -- Moss, VJ, Bryant, DT, Armstrong, Austin & Banks I would still like Kelly but we can't have two injured guys in this dream sequence.[/quote]

My "dream" sequence would also include Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, and Andre Johnson --- but I see your point.

I'd definitely say that Bryant is a poor man's VJackson. Why trade picks when you could have another decent WR for free. Bryant may be a little injured, but even if we got VJ right now, he's sitting out for 4 games.

Bryant (or VJ) *has* to be better than Galloway. I think.

NYCskinfan82 08-29-2010 08:04 PM

[quote=ethat001;725371][B]My "dream" sequence would also include Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, and Andre Johnson[/B] --- but I see your point.

I'd definitely say that Bryant is a poor man's VJackson. Why trade picks when you could have another decent WR for free. Bryant may be a little injured, but even if we got VJ right now, he's sitting out for 4 games.

Bryant (or VJ) *has* to be better than Galloway. I think.[/quote]

I said Dream sequence not WET DREAM SEQUENCE LMAO yeah that would be the ultimate dream.

tryfuhl 08-29-2010 10:00 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;725246]I'm honestly okay with loading up for a one year run with players on expiring contracts (McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Jackson), and then letting all these players walk after the lockout gets settled, replacing them with younger players.

Course, you can't give up the draft picks that will be used to acquire said players in these trades. But with players on small tender offers, a trade wouldn't have to give up very much. Jackson is suspended for the first three weeks of a season where his contract expires at the end of the year. That's not worth a first or second round pick, even considering the player.[/quote]

Is he one of the guys who wouldn't go UDFA due to holding out? I can't remember.

GusFrerotte 08-29-2010 10:07 PM

Too many potential studs coming out of the draft according to fellow Warpathers to even consider VJ now. THis season can be chalked up to just playing through new systems on both sides ofthe ball, so our current batch of Wrs should do the trick. Galloway will be replaced by a draft pick, same with Kelly, or an undrafted WR. We are bound to find a good solid WR or a new Armstrong next year.

ethat001 08-29-2010 11:04 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;725399][B][U]Too many potential studs coming out of the draft[/U][/B] according to fellow Warpathers to even consider VJ now. THis season can be chalked up to just playing through new systems on both sides ofthe ball, so our current batch of Wrs should do the trick. Galloway will be replaced by a draft pick, same with Kelly, or an undrafted WR. We are bound to find a good solid WR or a new Armstrong next year.[/quote]

There are always people who want to "build through the draft". I'm one of them. But the *reality* is that it is REALLY HARD to pick a WR. And we *really* suck at picking WRs.

Here's our last 20 YEARS of drafting WRs.

2010: Rd 7 - Terrence Austin
2009: Rd 7 - Marko Mitchell
[B]2008: Rd 2 - Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly
2003: Rd 2 - Taylor Jacobs
2002: Rd 3 - Cliff Russell[/B]
2001: Rd 5 - Darnerien McCants
[B]2001: Rd 1 - Rod Gardner
[/B]2000: Rd 7 - Ethan Howell
1999: Rd 7 - Tim Alexander
1998: Rd 6 - Pat Palmer
1997: Rd 4 - Albert Connell
1996: Rd 7 - DeAndre Maxwell
[B]1995: Rd 1 - Michael Westbrook
1994: Rd 3 - Tydus Winans
1992: Rd 2 - Desmond Howard
[/B]1992: Rd 11 - Terry Smith
1991: Rd 12 - Keenan McCardell
1989: Rd 4 - Erik Affholter
etc. etc. etc..

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins_draft_history]Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

My point is -- sure, we can build through the draft -- for offensive linemen, linebackers, etc. Vinny's not here anymore, but WR's are really hard to predict and draft well. Not to mention all of our other holes (LB, RB, C, NT, QB, etc).

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-29-2010 11:24 PM

Then you have to ask yourself, is a WR something we need to draft next year in round 1 or 2 over the 4 other positions you listed?

[B]I personally believe using next years 1 and 2 on a RB, G, T, or NT is far more productive for the long term future of this team than bringing in a 27 year old WR now. [/B]

tryfuhl 08-30-2010 05:10 AM

Saw a Rod Gardner jersey yesterday.

Slingin Sammy 33 08-30-2010 08:56 AM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725422]Then you have to ask yourself, is a WR something we need to draft next year in round 1 or 2 over the 4 other positions you listed?

[B]I personally believe using next years 1 and 2 on a RB, G, T, or NT is far more productive for the long term future of this team than bringing in a 27 year old WR now. [/B][/quote]#1 would be the NT.

GhettoDogAllStars 08-30-2010 10:07 PM

Fantasy Question:

VJ is available in my league on the waiver wire, and I'm thinking about adding him in a "swing for the fences" type of strategy -- basically all gain, little risk.

Question is, who to drop?

RBs
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Arian Foster
Leon Washington
Laurence Maroney

WRs
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Hakeem Nicks
Dwayne Bowe
Dez Bryant

TEs
Zach Miller
Heath Miller

I guess I'm leaning towards dropping one of the Millers. I have Zach projected higher, but JC just hurt his wrist, and it is the Raiders after all. But, then there are QB issues in Pitt as well.

What do you guys think? Stand pat, drop a Miller, or drop a RB?

1QB/2RB/2WR/1Flex/1TE/1DST/1K

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-30-2010 10:12 PM

Drop leon Washington, Maroney, or [B]Arian Foster?? Who is that guy!?[/B]

tootergray34 08-30-2010 10:13 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;725435]Saw a Rod Gardner jersey yesterday.[/quote]

did you lebron james it? IE burn it hahahahahahaha

tootergray34 08-30-2010 10:17 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725824]Drop leon Washington, Maroney, or [B]Arian Foster?? Who is that guy!?[/B][/quote]

um NO don't drop foster...he's going to be a STUD

tryfuhl 08-30-2010 10:19 PM

[quote=tootergray34;725825]did you lebron james it? IE burn it hahahahahahaha[/quote]

someone was actually wearing it

on a positive note a guy came in, threw a cowboys shirt on the floor, stomped it several times, purchased it, said he was going to take a vid of him running it over/doing a burnout

GhettoDogAllStars 08-30-2010 10:22 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;725824]Drop leon Washington, Maroney, or [B]Arian Foster?? Who is that guy!?[/B][/quote]

Arian Foster is/will be the starting running back for the Texans.

I think Leon is the most talented back in Seattle, but there is a lot of competition and he's coming off a bad leg injury.

Who the hell knows with Maroney. The Pats are so unpredictable.

Problem is, I'm sure I can find a use for Leon or Maroney before week 11 (which is when VJ is supposed to come back).

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-30-2010 10:44 PM

Should have googled him, I just do not remember his name from the draft.