Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Nothing Changes Come Draft Day, Who Would You Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=28024)

SmootSmack 01-22-2009 12:48 PM

If Nothing Changes Come Draft Day, Who Would You Draft

Suppose we made absolutely no moves prior to draft day, no free-agent signings (other than maybe some camp bodies), and no trades for more draft picks this year.

If we assume the above, that leaves us with a 1st, 3th, 5th, and 6th round pick.

So with all that in mind, give me your mock draft as of today(this is who you would want the Skins to use their picks on)

I'll start (I wanted to get Connor Barwin in here, but just couldn't find a spot for him)

1st-OT: Best Available and that probably means Michael Oher at this point, but I'm becoming a big Eben Britton fan and I'd be tempted to take him

3rd-C: Antoine Caldwell (looking more unlikely he'll be around, but someone like Luigs could fall down there)

5th-DE/LB: Lawrence Sidbury (out of Richmond, could be a steal)

6th-um....some running back

KLHJ2 01-22-2009 01:19 PM

Re: If Nothing Changes Come Draft Day, Who Would You Draft

I have not finished my scouting yet so I will not be naming names.

1. OT

3. DT or DE (Best available of the 2 positions)

5. LB or OL (Best available of the 2 positions)

6. LB or OL or RB (Best available of the 3 positions and will not take same position as drafted in 5th)

Dirtbag59 01-22-2009 01:20 PM

1st Round - Michael Oher - T - Ole Miss
3rd Round -
[I][SIZE=1]1st choice[/SIZE][/I] - Johnathan Luigs - C - Arkansas
[I][SIZE=1]2nd choice[/SIZE][/I] - Herman Johnson - G - LSU
[SIZE=1][I]3rd choice[/I][/SIZE] - Antoine Caldwell - C - Alabama
5th Round - Vance Walker - DT - Georgia Tech (collapses the pocket, stops the run, and plays with a high motor. However he lacks size and instincts)
6th Round - Zach Follet - LB - Cal (Not sure if he'll last this long but hey last year we thought Erin Henderson was going to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick and right now Follet is graded as a fringe 5th round pick)
[B]
My Nightmare Draft[/B]

1st Round - Percy Harvin - RB/WR - Florida ("He was easily the best player on our board and when you draft for need you get in trouble")
2nd Round - Alphonso Smith - CB - Wake Forest ("Well we thought trading next years 2nd and 3rd along with Carlos Rogers, as well as a fifth rounder next year was a good idea because we knew that this guy was high on our board. Plus this year we're not going to make the character mistake we made with Thomas and Davis last year")
3rd Round - Darry Beckwith - ILB - LSU ("Well we saw how well our division rival Dallas did with Brady James and Beck was definitely the best player on our board so we went for it")
5th Round - Maurice Wells - RB - Ohio State ("We wanted a big play threat at RB and we felt like Maurice was it. I mean sure most scouts had him going undrafted but he stuck out on our board like a sore thumb.")
6th Round - Grahm Harrell - QB - Texas Tech (" Did you see how many yards he threw for last year? Pair him with Colt and our fanbase will be thrown into civil war over who are 2nd string QB should be. We're excited about what Jim can do with him.")

Follow up comments from Vinny:
"We tried to trade back up into the first to get Brian Cushing but we couldn't find anyone who wanted Santana Moss, Jon Jansen, Cornelius Griffin, Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, and Carlos Rogers in exchange for a first round pick."

"We would have gone O-Line but no one really stood out on our board, besides this wasn't a good year for O-lineman."

"Hey at least I didn't take any recievers.....or did I?"

"Percy Harvin is going to be the next Reggie Bush."

"I'm really excited about what the other Well's brings to the table.

"I tried to trade back but for some reason the phone line went dead."

ChickenMonkey 01-22-2009 01:22 PM

1st BJ Radji DT
[COLOR=darkred]3rd Fenuki Tupou OT 6'6 330 Oregon[/COLOR]
5th Zack Follett OLB
6th Robert Ayers DE

FA.... RT,LG resign D.Hall (Cut) J.Taylor, S. Springs,R.Boshettie, J.Thrash,P.Kendall

SFREDSKIN 01-22-2009 01:23 PM

1st Alex Mack (he would change the OL woes overnight, yep a C on the 1st, just ask Jahvid Best how he got 1580 yards rushing))
3rd Zack Follett (the man is a playmaker)
5th DE
6th LB or DT (best available player)

Eknox 01-22-2009 01:25 PM

O and D lines point blank....nothing else

SouperMeister 01-22-2009 01:26 PM

[quote=Eknox;522185]O and D lines point blank....nothing else[/quote]AMEN, Brother!!!

GMScud 01-22-2009 01:27 PM

If we don't draft the best tackle available with our 1st pick, I will be turning off the TV and not watching the remainder of the draft.

KLHJ2 01-22-2009 01:30 PM

[quote=GMScud;522187]If we don't draft the best tackle available with our 1st pick, I will be turning off the TV and not watching the remainder of the draft.[/quote]

I will be seeing you at Union Jack's that day then! LOL!!!

Eknox 01-22-2009 01:31 PM

although I'm a big fan of Rey Maualuga... He's a beast like Polumalu even though he play's LB instead of safety...[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXgLCbw5YU]YouTube - Introducing Rey Maualuga[/url]

GMScud 01-22-2009 01:34 PM

[quote=Angry;522189]I will be seeing you at Union Jack's that day then! LOL!!![/quote]

Sold! I'll see you there!

You ever go there on NFL Sundays? The Eagles fans in that place are so effing obnoxious (shocker).

Daseal 01-22-2009 01:40 PM

Easy. Best available player. We have a lot of holes. Just make sure it's an NFL type guy, not a college phenom like Reggie Bush.

OT, DT, LB, OG, K are my 5 most important positions right now.

Meks 01-22-2009 01:48 PM

1st - best guard
2nd - please trade for a pick - best de
3rd - best center
5th - florida states kicker
6th - LB

KLHJ2 01-22-2009 01:51 PM

[quote=GMScud;522192]Sold! I'll see you there!

You ever go there on NFL Sundays? The Eagles fans in that place are so effing obnoxious (shocker).[/quote]

Nope, I'm usually in there on Friday or Saturday night. Not that often though.

MTK 01-22-2009 01:52 PM

Best available O-lineman or LB. I don't know any names yet, I won't start studying up until the combine.