Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=47342)

SmootSmack 04-09-2012 09:45 AM

2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned

mooby 04-09-2012 10:16 AM

Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

[quote=SmootSmack;907493]If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned[/quote]

GC, it's time to let it die.

budw38 04-10-2012 06:42 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;907493]If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned[/quote]
Me , I hope he falls to rd two and we make a move and draft him ! 7th rd possible picks , G Mondek ( Purdue ) , RB Smith ( Utah St ) , ran a 4.3 at pro day w/out .

Ruhskins 04-10-2012 09:45 AM

Can I break the news of Dirtbag's Wonderlic score?

SBXVII 04-11-2012 12:19 AM

So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?

[URL="http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mac-engel/2012/04/former-longhorn-star-brian-orakpos-little-brother-mike-involved-in-beating-colorado-state-students.html"]Former Longhorn star Brian Orakpo's little brother, Mike, involved in beating Colorado State students - The Big Mac Blog[/URL]

edit: He's a LB.

kerrigan91 04-11-2012 01:26 AM

[quote=SBXVII;908058]So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?

edit: He's a LB.[/quote]

First off I am new to the forum so I can't post links unfortunately, but I'll do my best to relay the important details of the articles and videos that i would have attached.

Mike Orakpo is saying he is innocent. He tweeted a bible verse which reads, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.''

Also, the article does state that two weeks prior on St. Patty's Day, he was involved in a fight in which he was protecting a teammate who got stabbed. He very likely may have not had anything to do with the actual beating of the kid, but like the incident 2 weeks prior [B]it could just be a case of bad timing around bad teammates[/B]. There is a video link to the news story about it and the reporter states that specific football players haven't officially been linked yet, it is only under investigation. One of the three kids who were attacked said that it was only one player that beat all of them.

If he gets kicked out of school, which very well may happen, I don't have any problem bringing him in as an UDFA. Even if he has behavioral problems (and he might not) maybe having his big brother (and hopefully london) there as mentors will be perfect. He is 6'1", 215 and built solidly (look at 0:20 of the upcoming video link)

There is a highlight of a monster hit he lays at the five yard line on youtube, just search "mike orakpo hit" and it will be the second link listed. This is from his freshman year. Sorry in advance for interesting editing/music choice of the video.

This could be a great pickup for this team as a possible future starting LB (maybe) He would have to be developed and groomed but an Orakpo brother tandem in the future could be terrifying for offenses around the NFL

GridIron26 04-11-2012 01:26 AM

[quote=SBXVII;908058]So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?

[URL="http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mac-engel/2012/04/former-longhorn-star-brian-orakpos-little-brother-mike-involved-in-beating-colorado-state-students.html"]Former Longhorn star Brian Orakpo's little brother, Mike, involved in beating Colorado State students - The Big Mac Blog[/URL]

edit: He's a LB.[/quote]

Lol not exactly the best way to promote an idea of drafting/signing Mike.

tryfuhl 04-11-2012 01:40 AM

[quote=kerrigan91;908063]First off I am new to the forum so I can't post links unfortunately, but I'll do my best to relay the important details of the articles and videos that i would have attached.

Mike Orakpo is saying he is innocent. He tweeted a bible verse which reads, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.''

Also, the article does state that two weeks prior on St. Patty's Day, he was involved in a fight in which he was protecting a teammate who got stabbed. He very likely may have not had anything to do with the actual beating of the kid, but like the incident 2 weeks prior [B]it could just be a case of bad timing around bad teammates[/B]. There is a video link to the news story about it and the reporter states that specific football players haven't officially been linked yet, it is only under investigation. One of the three kids who were attacked said that it was only one player that beat all of them.

If he gets kicked out of school, which very well may happen, I don't have any problem bringing him in as an UDFA. Even if he has behavioral problems (and he might not) maybe having his big brother (and hopefully london) there as mentors will be perfect. He is 6'1", 215 and built solidly (look at 0:20 of the upcoming video link)

There is a highlight of a monster hit he lays at the five yard line on youtube, just search "mike orakpo hit" and it will be the second link listed. This is from his freshman year. Sorry in advance for interesting editing/music choice of the video.

This could be a great pickup for this team as a possible future starting LB (maybe) He would have to be developed and groomed but an Orakpo brother tandem in the future could be terrifying for offenses around the NFL[/quote]

Teammate of theirs didn't seem very surprised

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/video-victims-talk-vicious-beating-allegedly-three-colorado-164500937.html]Video: Victims talk about vicious beating allegedly from three Colorado State players | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

Pics of two of the kids

[url=http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120409/NEWS01/120409014/4-CSU-students-report-beating-by-football-players?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE]4 CSU students report beating by football players | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com[/url]

los panda 04-11-2012 02:54 PM

fighting frightens me. i got punched in the back of the head outside snowden 14 in columbia, no good reason.

what time does the draft start?

skinsfaninok 04-12-2012 06:18 PM

[url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82843715/article/andrew-luck-rg3-among-top-prospects-to-attend-2012-nfl-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack]NFL.com news: Andrew Luck, RG3 among top prospects to attend 2012 NFL Draft[/url]

los panda 04-12-2012 06:32 PM

kerrigan is going again

joeyt56 04-13-2012 12:12 AM

Im a fan on finding that UDFA who becomes a beast in the NFL. Willie Smith, London Fletcher are both UDFAs that have helped this team. Watch this video of the OT from a small school who got on my radar for being at RG3s pro day. I know hes going against some awful defenses but at least he's dominating! Looks like a good fit in a ZBS, a mauler with a mean streak and a hell of a finisher! Please at least watch, then criticize me for this post..

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVpFl51BRA&feature=player_embedded]Nate Menkin #65 UMHB Football Offensive Line Highlights - YouTube[/url]

GMScud 04-13-2012 12:49 AM

[quote=joeyt56;908547]Im a fan on finding that UDFA who becomes a beast in the NFL. Willie Smith, London Fletcher are both UDFAs that have helped this team. Watch this video of the OT from a small school who got on my radar for being at RG3s pro day. I know hes going against some awful defenses but at least he's dominating! Looks like a good fit in a ZBS, a mauler with a mean streak and a hell of a finisher! Please at least watch, then criticize me for this post..

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVpFl51BRA&feature=player_embedded]Nate Menkin #65 UMHB Football Offensive Line Highlights - YouTube[/url][/quote]
I caught a couple of his blocks, but he's not spot shadowed or circled in any of the highlights, so it's hard to see who we're looking at.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-13-2012 02:38 AM

T.Y Hilton is starting to intrigue me.

joeyt56 04-13-2012 04:50 AM

[quote=GMScud;908550]I caught a couple of his blocks, but he's not spot shadowed or circled in any of the highlights, so it's hard to see who we're looking at.[/quote]

Huh, I actually thought they did a good job of circling him and I followed him very easily. #85 lined up mostly at left tackle.

Lotus 04-13-2012 09:13 AM

[quote=kerrigan91;908063]First off I am new to the forum so I can't post links unfortunately, but I'll do my best to relay the important details of the articles and videos that i would have attached.

This could be a great pickup for this team as a possible future starting LB (maybe) He would have to be developed and groomed but an Orakpo brother tandem in the future could be terrifying for offenses around the NFL[/quote]

Good beginning post. Thank you for that. Welcome to the WP.

mooby 04-13-2012 09:43 AM

Welcome to the boards Kerrigan91. Good first post but I don't necessarily agree, if Mike Orakpo is a punk who goes around looking for fights that doesn't sound like a guy I want on my team, brother of Brian or not. With that said I don't know the kid so I have no idea what he's like, but I'm sure Brian could give our decision makers more insight on him. If he did become available in the supplemental draft I wouldn't use more than a late round pick on him. Either way I expect the truth to come out.

SmootSmack 04-13-2012 01:49 PM

Awesome

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/18526641/video-trent-richardson-takes-leukemia-patient-to-her-senior-prom]VIDEO: Trent Richardson to take leukemia patient to her senior prom - CBSSports[/url]

Hog1 04-13-2012 06:58 PM

Good on you, Trent! what a big deal for such a simple act.....

NYCskinfan82 04-13-2012 07:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;908676]Awesome

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/18526641/video-trent-richardson-takes-leukemia-patient-to-her-senior-prom]VIDEO: Trent Richardson to take leukemia patient to her senior prom - CBSSports[/url][/quote]

That really is nice of him, hope they have a good time.

CultBrennan59 04-15-2012 03:08 PM

For those who want Vontaze Burfict....

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/15/burfict-gets-the-cold-shoulder/]Burfict gets the cold shoulder | ProFootballTalk[/url]

...he may not get drafted and hasn't had a private workout or visit yet

Dirtbag59 04-15-2012 03:46 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;907780]Can I break the news of Dirtbag's Wonderlic score?[/quote]

Yeah that guy is probably stupid......

Hey wait a minute.

Eknox 04-15-2012 05:04 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;908966]For those who want Vontaze Burfict....

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/15/burfict-gets-the-cold-shoulder/]Burfict gets the cold shoulder | ProFootballTalk[/url]

...he may not get drafted and hasn't had a private workout or visit yet[/quote]
I was going to ask about everyones opinion of this guy. He seems like a monster on the field. Maybe he will be a Colt. Lol!!!

Chico23231 04-15-2012 05:37 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;908966]For those who want Vontaze Burfict....

...he may not get drafted and hasn't had a private workout or visit yet[/quote]

I dont know if he is a system fit but i dont know if there is any better role model than Fletch for the guy. 6th round flyer on him and see if he can be impacted by London. Guy put up pretty decent numbers.

Mechanix544 04-15-2012 06:15 PM

pretty bad when your 40 yard dash time is higher than your wonderlic, LOL!!!!!!!

diehardskin2982 04-15-2012 09:17 PM

Burfict reminds me of James Harrison. He has a lot of potiental but because of maturity issues may go undrafted. He will get picked up as a undrafted free agent by someone and will get cut possibly a few times before he get's it.

MonkFan4Life 04-15-2012 09:55 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;908553]T.Y Hilton is starting to intrigue me.[/quote]

A coworker of mine has been talking about that guy since about January.

REDSKINS4ever 04-15-2012 10:12 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;908980]Burfict reminds me of James Harrison. He has a lot of potiental but because of maturity issues may go undrafted. He will get picked up as a undrafted free agent by someone and will get cut possibly a few times before he get's it.[/quote]

Burfict has the talent. His combine and pro day didn't fall in conjunction with the player on the field making swarming tackles. Maybe he was out of shape. Maybe the drills were too much for him. Or maybe he was playing possum, making people think he was worse than he really is. All this kid needs is for someone like London Fletcher or Phillip Daniels to sit him down and have a good talk with him. In the case that he does go undrafted, it very well could make him grow up.

vallin21 04-15-2012 10:32 PM

T.Y. Hilton would be a steal for us in the 4th or 5th round... Fast (4.33), returns punts and kicks, and can play slot WR. We went after Eddie Royal pretty hard, and IMO T.Y. Hilton is a faster, more dynamic version of Royal in the the return game and as a WR.

T.O.Killa 04-15-2012 10:51 PM

[quote=vallin21;908987]T.Y. Hilton would be a steal for us in the 4th or 5th round... Fast (4.33), returns punts and kicks, and can play slot WR. We went after Eddie Royal pretty hard, and IMO T.Y. Hilton is a faster, more dynamic version of Royal in the the return game and as a WR.[/quote]
We already have him on our roster. His name is Aldrick Robinson. Ran a 4.35 at the cobine.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-15-2012 11:16 PM

[quote=T.O.Killa;908988]We already have him on our roster. His name is Aldrick Robinson. Ran a 4.35 at the cobine.[/quote]

Difference is Aldrick Robinson didn't return many kicks in college and he ran a 4.39 if I am not mistaken.

CultBrennan59 04-15-2012 11:53 PM

[quote=vallin21;908987]T.Y. Hilton would be a steal for us in the 4th or 5th round... Fast (4.33), returns punts and kicks, and can play slot WR. We went after Eddie Royal pretty hard, and IMO T.Y. Hilton is a faster, more dynamic version of Royal in the the return game and as a WR.[/quote]

Yep, that guy is a great player. He is somewhat injury prone though according to my draft magazines. But to me he's a middle-class man's DeSean Jackson. He fits 2 needs in one though with a slot WR and Return Man.

vallin21 04-15-2012 11:54 PM

Robinson muffed 2 punts in preseason and was never put back at returner, but regardless, slot WR and returner need to be addressed. As many have mentioned, T.Y. Hilton or Joe Adams fill 2 needs (slot WR and returner). Both Adams and Hilton are upgrades over Robinson, Austin, and Banks (IMO)... Lastly, if we we're so confident in our own slot WR's/RS (Banks, Austin, Robinson), then why did we aggressively pursue E. Royal in FA? Wouldn't shock me at all if we selected Adams or Hilton with one of our 4th round picks, and I'm hoping we do.

CultBrennan59 04-16-2012 12:02 AM

[quote=vallin21;909001]Robinson muffed 2 punts in preseason and was never put back at returner, but regardless, slot WR and returner need to be addressed. As many have mentioned, T.Y. Hilton or Joe Adams fill 2 needs (slot WR and returner). Both Adams and Hilton are upgrades over Robinson, Austin, and Banks (IMO)... Lastly, if we we're so confident in our own slot WR's/RS (Banks, Austin, Robinson), then why did we aggressively pursue E. Royal in FA? Wouldn't shock me at all if we selected Adams or Hilton with one of our 4th round picks, and I'm hoping we do.[/quote]

Exactly!

joeyt56 04-16-2012 08:54 AM

Under the radar:
Michael Calvin WR Univ Cal 6'3 215 lbs and ran a 4.32 40 at his pro day in the pouring rain. 2011 20 rec 263 yards and two solo tackles and a forced fumble as a special teams player.

SmootSmack 04-16-2012 09:10 AM

[quote=Hog1;908743]Good on you, Trent! what a big deal for such a simple act.....[/quote]

Here's more

[YT]yUlBK_MyzaM[/YT]

RGIII 04-16-2012 10:40 AM

That's such a tear-jerker.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-16-2012 01:48 PM

Anyone else been researching Robert Turbin? Despite his 2010 injury he's been very productive and has become a sleeper mid-round pick. I know we have Helu and Royster but we're probably gonna draft another RB. 5'10" 222lbs with deceptive speed. Could be a good compliment to Helu and Royster.

RGIII 04-16-2012 02:22 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;909080]Anyone else been researching Robert Turbin? Despite his 2010 injury he's been very productive and has become a sleeper mid-round pick. I know we have Helu and Royster but we're probably gonna draft another RB. 5'10" 222lbs with deceptive speed. Could be a good compliment to Helu and Royster.[/quote]

I kept telling myself I was going to watch the games that Royster had solid production. He didn't leave the impression on me that Helu did so, I think more competition is needed.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-16-2012 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=RGIII;909089]I kept telling myself I was going to watch the games that Royster had solid production. He didn't leave the impression on me that Helu did so, I think more competition is needed.[/QUOTE]

Helu I think will be a consistent 1,000 yard rusher. Royster will be a good backup IMO, if we added LaMichael James or Robert Turbin or Chris Polk we would have a deep backfield.