Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 NFL Mock Draft thread. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41693)

skinsfaninok 03-02-2011 10:14 AM

2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Ok now that the Scouting Combine is over I figured we can start a mock draft thread, it doesn't have to be a "Final" Mock or anything just something for fun. You can Edit up until draft day and make your final mock. This is my Mock as of March 2nd LOL, lets see yours.

[CENTER][CENTER]1. Carolina Panthers- Daquan Bowers DE (CLEM)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]2. Denver Broncos- Patrick Peterson CB (LSU)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]3. Buffalo Bills- Blaine Gabbert QB (MIZZ)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]4. Cincinnati Bengals- Julio Jones WR (ALA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]5. Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller OLB (TAMU)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]6. Cleveland Browns- AJ Green WR (UGA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]7. San Francisco 49ers- Cam Newton QB (AU)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]8. Tennessee Titans- Nick Fairly DT (AU)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]9. Dallas Cowboys- Prince Amukamara CB (NEB)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]10. Washington Redskins- Robert Quinn OLB (UNC)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]11. Houston Texans- Marcell Darius DT (ALA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]12. Minnesota Vikings- Jonathan Baldwin WR (Pitt)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]13. Detroit Lions- Aldon Smith DE (Mizz)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]14. STL Rams- Cameron Jordan DE (CAL)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram RB (ALA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]16. Jacksonville Jaguars- Akeem Ayers OLB (UCLA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]17. New England Patriots – Ryan Kerrigan DE (Pur)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]18. San Diego Chargers- Nate Solder OT (Col)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]19. NY Giants- Mike Pouncey C/OG (UF)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]20. TB Bucs- Adrian Clayborn DE (Iowa)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]21. KC Chiefs- Jimmy Smith CB (Col)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]22. Washington Redskins (via trade) Jake Locker QB (UW)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]23. Philadelphia Eagles- JJ Watt DE (Wis)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]24. New Orleans Saints- Ryan Williams RB (VT)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]25. Seattle Seahawks- Brandon Harris CB (Miami)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]26. Baltimore Ravens- Justin Houston OLB (UGA)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]27. Atlanta Falcons- Leonard Hankerson WR (Miami)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]28. New England Patriots- Aaron Williams DB (Texas)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]29. Cincinnati Bengals(Via trade)- Ryan Mallett QB (ARK)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]30. New York Jets- Derrick Sherrod OT (MISS ST)[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Gabe Carimi OT (Wis)
32. Green Bay Packers -Anthony Castonzo OT (BC)
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Alvin Walton 03-02-2011 12:31 PM

Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Care to explain that trade?

celts32 03-02-2011 12:46 PM

Hate the trade up scenario unless they got real creative and find a way to do it without giving up next years #1 pick. Typically a move up from your #2 pick into the mid 1st round area costs you the next years #1 pick. Would love to get Locker if that's the QB Shanny likes but would rather do it by trading back from 10...which I realize is not easy to do. If all trade attampts fail I would just draft Locker at #10 before I did a trade up for another #1 pick.

skinsfaninok 03-02-2011 01:55 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;787136]Care to explain that trade?[/quote]

I think we take Quinn at 10 because he's a true Impact player that we can't pass up.. Letting AC go makes me believe we will pursue another OLB in the draft/FA. I think Locker falls into the early 20's and we make a strong push back into the 1st round and take him.

CultBrennan59 03-02-2011 08:31 PM

Right now I agree with the first mock draft on this page, Quinn at 10, Locker later.

I personally believe we shouldn't draft a QB this year, but obviously the redskins must be thinking otherwise.

30gut 03-03-2011 02:54 PM

Here's my mock, the OP's is a bit more realistic then mine in regards to Locker:

10- RDE Cam Jordan
41- QB Jake Locker
5.- NT Sione Fua
5.- CB Ryan Jones
6.- RB Mario Fannin
7.-FS Mark Legree

FA-OT

SkinzWin 03-03-2011 09:42 PM

Here is my thought. The defense sucks. Cellar of the league last year. The offense is average. Show me a SB team that won with a terrible defense and average offense and I'll show you none. Because I'll show you a ton of SB winning teams with great defensive and average offensives.

That being said, I ONLY want a QB if we can get a project in a mid to late round. No point getting a good QB if most of the players around him are inept or incapable of making an impact. We need defensive help terribly and this needs to be a defensive dominated draft.

Pecking order for the draft:
#10:Von Miller or Quinn or Jordan
2nd Round: NT
Mid/Late round picks: DE, ILB, CB, WR, QB, RB

Lotus 03-03-2011 11:19 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;787437]Here is my thought. The defense sucks. Cellar of the league last year. The offense is average. Show me a SB team that won with a terrible defense and average offense and I'll show you none. Because I'll show you a ton of SB winning teams with great defensive and average offensives.

That being said, I ONLY want a QB if we can get a project in a mid to late round. No point getting a good QB if most of the players around him are inept or incapable of making an impact. We need defensive help terribly and this needs to be a defensive dominated draft.

Mid/Late round picks: DE, ILB, CB, WR, QB, RB[/quote]

Yes! Feed the front!

Monkeydad 03-04-2011 09:25 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;787437]Here is my thought. The defense sucks. Cellar of the league last year. The offense is average. Show me a SB team that won with a terrible defense and average offense and I'll show you none. Because I'll show you a ton of SB winning teams with great defensive and average offensives.

Mid/Late round picks: DE, ILB, CB, WR, QB, RB[/quote]

Agreed completely on the first two picks, but I want to see a Guard and Center later on. Forget WR and RB, we can manage if we re-sign Moss and pick up a FA at both of those spots.

SmootSmack 03-04-2011 09:34 AM

I must say in my nearly 15 years of being connected to the Redskins (beyond just being a fan) I've never been more uncertain this close to the draft of what the Skins might do. No free agency (for now at least) really throws things off.

Anyhow, right now I'll say we trade down or out of the 1st and go with Justin Houston and Ponder/Locker

MTK 03-04-2011 09:36 AM

I'm on the Ponder bandwagon now, I'm hoping we can trade down a few spots from #10, go D with that pick, and then shoot for Ponder in the 2nd.

Daseal 03-04-2011 09:39 AM

I'm with Matty on the Ponder bandwagon. Only with our first go offense. If Julio Jones is gone, trade down! This is an offensive league now. Unless we can pull a top tier NT, keep the pieces we have and build an offense.

SmootSmack 03-04-2011 09:44 AM

I'm not sure I invited any of you on to my Ponder bandwagon...

Admittedly though, I go back and forth on whether Ponder will just be solid or if he has the chance to be great. I think at worst, he's solid. Locker on the other hand, could be far more impressive but at worst he could be abysmal. I guess it's about the risk you want to take.

There's been some McElroy rumors too, but if that were to happen it's not happening in the 1st two rounds

mredskins 03-04-2011 09:46 AM

I say Ponder as well and have him start even if he is horrible he will play us into the Andrew Luck pick next year! =)

MTK 03-04-2011 09:49 AM

Ponder seems the most ready to step in and start. The more I read and see about this guy the more I like.