Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 NFL Mock Draft thread. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=41693)

Monkeydad 03-04-2011 11:50 AM

Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Yep! I want the best lineman (either side of the ball) we can get at #10 and Ponder in the second if we HAVE to take a QB.

SkinzWin 03-04-2011 12:27 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;787525]Agreed completely on the first two picks, but I want to see a Guard and Center later on. Forget WR and RB, we can manage if we re-sign Moss and pick up a FA at both of those spots.[/quote]

You are very much correct. I knew there was something I couldn't put my finger on when I wrote that I knew I was missing. We definitely need a center. RB is definitely bottom of the list. I think we can have a competent enough running attack without adding anyone. At least we have young guys in the RB stable for once.

mlmdub130 03-04-2011 12:55 PM

BPA, period. if we use the #10 pick in the draft this year it HAS to be someone who can play now, we have way too many holes to fill. i would rather us trade down but if we cannot we have to get a player that will have immediate impact.

that said i think our most glaring hole is at nose tackle and that has to be priority number one, we can manage another season with grossman or whoever under center, but we can't go another season with a 3-4 defensive with no heart. the 3-4 defense is designed around a dominate nt and right now we don't have anything close. this 3-4 has switch has not been smooth to say the least, if shanny wants any success here in dc he has to realize that.

this draft will be very interesting to see which direction we head in, i firmly beleive the shanny's future here depends on the out come and performance of the players selected in this draft. if we draft an unsuccesful qb this team could be stuck on the bottom for a long time, i really hope whomever we get pans out. i honestly have no faith in the shannahan's but i really hope they can prove me wrong, nothing would make me happier than being wrong about them

Mechanix544 03-04-2011 02:10 PM

I could see us trading down to the 24th pick with the saints, picking up their 3rd (our original third rounder) as well as a 6th rounder. The saints would then be in a position to snag a really good linebacker that they really need.

We could then get Phil Taylor, NT, draft Ponder with our second, and WR Greg Little with our 3rd round pick. Then the rest of our picks should be all OL and OLB's. Get the late rounders all in camp, and let em fight for a position, may the best rookie win... A roster spot.

skinsfaninok 03-04-2011 02:34 PM

[url=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81e98c93/Lombardi-mock-draft-2-0]NFL Videos: Lombardi mock draft 2.0[/url]

Monkeydad 03-04-2011 03:09 PM

[url=http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/the-prospects-you-need-to-know-at-the-nfl-owners-c,19284/]The Prospects You Need To Know At The NFL Owner's Combine | Sportsdome[/url]

musicmaster45 03-04-2011 06:13 PM

Either we go with OLB (Quinn, Miller, Smith) first round, Ponder second, and NT fua (he is a machine with athletic ability) in the 5th. Trade down with the saints would be a good option if Shanny wants locker. I don't like Phil Taylor. His weight seems to be an issue as well as his off the field actions.

Terpfan76 03-04-2011 06:19 PM

I have pretty much no interest at all in Ponder at this time. He may be the guy most ready to step in and play now, but that doesn't make him the best choice. I'd rather take the guy that is a year or two away from starting and deal with Rexy for a year or two then to settle for a guy just because the fan base is clambering for him. Hell, Ponder might develop into a top notch qb, but his lack of arm strength is about as scary as Locker's accuracy issues. I'd rather just pass altogether on qbs this season and draft one next year. I feel that next years class will be much deeper.

BuckSkin 03-04-2011 06:29 PM

[quote=Terpfan76;787661]I have pretty much no interest at all in Ponder at this time. He may be the guy most ready to step in and play now, but that doesn't make him the best choice. I'd rather take the guy that is a year or two away from starting and deal with Rexy for a year or two then to settle for a guy just because the fan base is clambering for him. Hell, Ponder might develop into a top notch qb, but his lack of arm strength is about as scary as Locker's accuracy issues. I'd rather just pass altogether on qbs this season and draft one next year. I feel that next years class will be much deeper.[/quote]

My shameless, obligatory Buckeye plug.......Terrell Pryor!

mlmdub130 03-04-2011 07:38 PM

[quote=BuckSkin;787662]My shameless, obligatory Buckeye plug.......Terrell Pryor![/quote]

in 2012? i thought he was goin back to school and serving a five game suspension next year, unless i missed something

BuckSkin 03-04-2011 07:42 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;787670]in 2012? i thought he was goin back to school and serving a five game suspension next year, unless i missed something[/quote]

Yeah, in 2012. He's returning for his Sr year, facing the suspension. I was responding to idea of waiting for a deeper QB draft next year.

Dirtbag59 03-04-2011 08:44 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;787670]in 2012? i thought he was goin back to school and serving a five game suspension next year, unless i missed something[/quote]

Poor Terrell. If he had gone to an SEC school he would have had the best lawyers money can buy. All that would need to happen is a defacto suspension from the SEC that will magically get overturned by the NCAA, so long of course as he's making money for the BCS big cats.

BuckSkin 03-04-2011 09:12 PM

If he had attended an SEC school he could have made some REAL money, not just a couple " tats". I'm not saying..... Just saying.

30gut 03-04-2011 09:53 PM

[quote=30gut;787329]Here's my mock, the OP's is a bit more realistic then mine in regards to Locker:

10- RDE Cam Jordan
41- QB Jake Locker
5.- NT Sione Fua
5.- CB Ryan Jones
6.- RB Mario Fannin
7.-FS Mark Legree
[/quote]

Completely idealistic unrealistic address every need in 1 draft draft:

10- Tyron Smith OT
41- Marvin Austin NT-RDE
5- Ricky Stanzi QB
5-Ugo Chinasa conversion DE to OLB