Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=38624)

skinsfan69 09-20-2010 09:34 AM

Re: Redskins vs. Texans Gameday Thread

Seems to me that yesterday there ware too many break downs in coverage. Guys were simply running wide open. Also why did we keep letting them run the bootleg? Haslett simply made no adjustments. How do we let Walter go off like he did? After two games I'm very concerned about the defense.

firstdown 09-20-2010 09:42 AM

With the Davis block to me it looked like if he blocked the out side guy the guy in front of him would have a direct shot to the kicker.

MTK 09-20-2010 09:46 AM

[quote=firstdown;736457]With the Davis block to me it looked like if he blocked the out side guy the guy in front of him would have a direct shot to the kicker.[/quote]

In that situation he needed to block them both. All he had to do was chip the outside guy. A good shove would have done the trick.

Monkeydad 09-20-2010 09:58 AM

[quote=Mattyk;735452]Nice half, well on our way to 2-0[/quote]

From now on, keep your mouth shut! :spank:

I hate that FG-TO rule/tactic. Hate it when other teams get screwed too.

I don't remember coaches doing that when growing up watching football. They iced kickers, but the whole "negate the kick", fraction-of-a-second before the snap timeouts were not granted, or at least attempted until a few years ago it seems. :doh:

Skinny Tee 09-20-2010 03:58 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;735007]Unfortunately I think we'll get gashed by the run today.

If you remember the 1st quarter during our preseason games our first team defense was getting a lot of big 10-20 yard runs against them. The Texans more than likely won't have the running output they had week one but it looks like they are a smart enough team to know how to execute their gameplan.

[B]I'm seeing them using their ground game effectively and winning convincingly[/B] [B]27-13[/B].[/quote]

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong about this game.

Please deduct five prognostication points from my running total. Glad to see our guys give this team hell though throughout the game. I couldn't imagine the offensive output we displayed with McNabb behind center.

I've been a huge proponent against bringing McNabb to DC but with what he displayed yesterday on top of all of our line woes was astonishing. Even when the Texans knew our ground game was null and focused on passing defense we still were able to move the ball in the air.

Hats off to McNabb, ShannyX2, Haslett and the squad even though they sustained a loss. I haven't felt more positive about our team overall despite that painful loss...well done Skins!

Dirtbag59 09-21-2010 06:18 PM

Watching Playbook right now. Seems like we beat the ever loving crap out of Matt Schuab which is great considering that on top of loosing to the Texans we just sent a beaten up QB to play our division rival.