Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Chase Young Effect (Appreciation thread) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64780)

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 03:26 PM

The Chase Young Effect (Appreciation thread)

After a full season now (1 week left) Chase Young is the highest graded Washington player (87.1) and coming off his best grade yesterday against Carolina. He is also a team captain now, I will admit I wanted Tua over CY as many on here know but I'm glad we didn't make that move now.

Chase is the difference maker this defense has needed since Sean Taylor died, I actually feel confident now when the defense is on the field. It's not just about sacks which if you looked at the stat sheet he isn't in the top tier , it's about the pressures and run game defense. I know I may be a little ahead of myself here but he looks like our Aaron Donald, someone that will be a game wrecker for over a decade.

hagams 12-28-2020 03:33 PM

Re: The Chase Young Effect (Appreciation thread)

I'm hoping your right about the Donald comparison.

Our defense has been lacking that "spark" since Sean's murder. I also agree that watching the defense come on the field is more exciting than watching a non-Alex Smith lead offense.

-Mike-

sdskinsfan2001 12-28-2020 03:55 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1270696]After a full season now (1 week left) Chase Young is the highest graded Washington player (87.1) and coming off his best grade yesterday against Carolina. [B]He is also a team captain now, I will admit I wanted Tua over CY as many on here know but I'm glad we didn't make that move now. [/B]

Chase is the difference maker this defense has needed since Sean Taylor died, I actually feel confident now when the defense is on the field. It's not just about sacks which if you looked at the stat sheet he isn't in the top tier , it's about the pressures and run game defense. I know I may be a little ahead of myself here but he looks like our Aaron Donald, someone that will be a game wrecker for over a decade.[/quote]

[IMG]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/70988844/amen-you-have-seen-the-light.jpg[/IMG]

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 03:58 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1270704][img]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/70988844/amen-you-have-seen-the-light.jpg[/img][/quote]

haha

MTK 12-28-2020 04:01 PM

CY has been as good as advertised. Really impressed with him on and off the field. A guy you can definitely build a winner around.

gibbsrcnfan 12-28-2020 04:06 PM

he has the IT factor too with a high motor

GridIron26 12-28-2020 04:28 PM

Young definitely proved his value last night.. In the last few weeks, some veterans complimented Young's leadership, which is pretty amazing since he is only a rookie.

Also, Young went even further than many players who gave gifts to each other, Young bought and gave Beats headphone to [URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/chase-young-gifts-entire-washington-team-beats-headphones-holidays"]everyone on the team[/URL]. While this gift is simple, this shows me that Young is truly a leader. Good leaders don't forget anyone on their team.

Chief X_Phackter 12-28-2020 04:32 PM

He's a true team leader on and off the field - for the entire team, not just the D. He's always bouncing around on the sidelines, very aware of what's going on throughout the game, even when he's not on the field (not just because he knows he doesn't really have time to sit down thanks to the offense - haha).

[B]In hindsight only[/B], the only player in that first round that I might consider over Chase Young would be Justin Herbert. He looks like the real deal...but Chase was absolutely the correct pick for this organization. Hopefully he's a cornerstone for this defense and this team for a long time.

GridIron26 12-28-2020 04:53 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1270711]He's a true team leader on and off the field - for the entire team, not just the D. He's always bouncing around on the sidelines, very aware of what's going on throughout the game, even when he's not on the field (not just because he knows he doesn't really have time to sit down thanks to the offense - haha).

[B]In hindsight only[/B], [B]the only player in that first round that I might consider over Chase Young would be Justin Herbert.[/B] He looks like the real deal...but Chase was absolutely the correct pick for this organization. Hopefully he's a cornerstone for this defense and this team for a long time.[/quote]

I agree with you on the bold part. Although we need to acknowledge the fact that almost everyone thought Herbert is not in the same class with Burrow and Tua so it's not like many people saw the Herbert rise coming.

SunnySide 12-28-2020 05:04 PM

[IMG]https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2020/11/02180343/USATSI_14957300-scaled-e1604358465735-1024x679.jpg[/IMG]

Born to play football

We have maybe 3 guys on our team in that category with him being No. 1

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2020 07:03 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1270696]After a full season now (1 week left) Chase Young is the highest graded Washington player (87.1) and coming off his best grade yesterday against Carolina. He is also a team captain now, I will admit I wanted Tua over CY as many on here know but I'm glad we didn't make that move now.

Chase is the difference maker this defense has needed since Sean Taylor died, I actually feel confident now when the defense is on the field. It's not just about sacks which if you looked at the stat sheet he isn't in the top tier , it's about the pressures and run game defense. I know I may be a little ahead of myself here but he looks like our Aaron Donald, someone that will be a game wrecker for over a decade.[/quote]

You finally saw the light. He will be the next LT. He started slow because of the groin injury, now that he’s healthy you get to see the real Chase.

mooby 12-28-2020 07:06 PM

Normally I wouldn't approve of a rookie being named captain, but Chase is the exception.

I agree with everyone else, first time we've had a player on D who you just eyeball every play to see what he does since Sean died. Even London Fletcher in his heydey never had that effect.

I hope he is the cornerstone that will lead this defense into the elite category. We're not there yet, especially on run D, but we've made major improvement since last year.

Pervis_Griffith 12-28-2020 07:13 PM

Ditto everything said in this thread so far -- even the Herbert accolades, although I wouldn't trade Chase for Justin.

My favorite thing about Young? Even when double teamed, he ALWAYS finishes on the play ... running 20-30 yards downfield when the play is past him. THAT shows up on film when the entire D is breaking down the previous game ... and that will spread to other players too.

Our D is gonna be tasty good as Young learns the nuances of the game.

rocnrik 12-28-2020 07:37 PM

Chase was the correct pick !!! I love his attitude and leadership!!! We got the best of that draft !!

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2020 07:43 PM

[quote=rocnrik;1270744]Chase was the correct pick !!! I love his attitude and leadership!!! We got the best of that draft !![/quote]

And the trade to get Montez Sweat makes up for the Haskins screw up.