Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Joey Galloway signed (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36371)

53Fan 04-28-2010 11:43 PM

Re: Joey Galloway signed

He was obviously signed so McNabb would have someone his own age to pal around with.

Warren85Ellard 04-28-2010 11:57 PM

According to sources, the Skins are on the verge of signing Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jackson, and Vance Johnson (possibly because of their ties to Denver). Veterans Wes Chandler and Louis Lipps are also considering offers.

Kalisto2010 04-29-2010 12:01 AM

[quote=GusFrerotte;696295]If Joey got in shape, etc he might be serviceable for one season. IF he does rather well in training camp he might make the top 5 this season and send the newbie to the practice squad for a year.[/quote]

I remember when Joey Galloway was considered one of the NFL's best conditioned players. I don't know how well he takes care of himself nowadays, but in the past he was rock solid.

Kalisto2010 04-29-2010 12:02 AM

[quote=Warren85Ellard;696382]According to sources, the Skins are on the verge of signing Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jackson, and Vance Johnson (possibly because of their ties to Denver). Veterans Wes Chandler and Louis Lipps are also considering offers.[/quote]

Per twitter Webster Slaughter and Stephon Page are scheduled to attend Redskins park on Friday?

Longtimefan 04-29-2010 12:16 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;696302]I think he was signed to mentor the young WR's and maybe teach Austin some return skills. I don't think he'll make the final roster cut.[/quote]

The TB & B. Allen connection once again. Galloway has really been on the move. Hard to say just what role he'll play, but his signing does not come as a surprise.

CultBrennan59 04-29-2010 03:06 AM

Ok, I hope pretty much all these post I just read are pure sarcasm and Galloway will not make the roster..If Tom Brady couldn't make him good and nor could Roethlisberger, I don't see McNabb making him good, at age 38

NYCskinfan82 04-29-2010 04:19 AM

[quote=jrsz24;696262]Why didn't they just bring back Art Monk? Same age right?[/quote]

:laughing2

NYCskinfan82 04-29-2010 04:21 AM

[quote=Warren85Ellard;696382]According to sources, the Skins are on the verge of signing Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jackson, and Vance Johnson (possibly because of their ties to Denver). Veterans Wes Chandler and Louis Lipps are also considering offers.[/quote]

Some of you guy should consider doing standup. :laughing2

Bigreds77 04-29-2010 05:41 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;696268]Hopefully he'll be a good role model.[/quote]

Joey is a class guy that was raised by great parents. He does everything for his high school & the younger kids in his home town of Bellaire Ohio. He still has speed & unlike some of you I root for the good guys in this league.I am partial in this because I know him & his family.

johno 04-29-2010 06:50 AM

[quote=REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE;696353]I still want TO, I dont care what anyone says, if we signed him, I would officially be comfortable with going into this season. TO, Santana, Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly. We would be set, keep Marko and Austin if he does his thing in the preseason.[/quote]

:doh: aint gonna happen.

SolidSnake84 04-29-2010 06:57 AM

Garcia made him a stud in 2007. He keeps himself in great shape. This is a great signing.

vallin21 04-29-2010 07:22 AM

Bottom line: this is a low risk/high reward move, if he makes the team awesome, if not no loss on our end. I doubt he makes it (the Pats cut him last yr) but I like the competition and he "could' take the 5 WR spot.

44ever 04-29-2010 07:29 AM

[quote=REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE;696353][B]I still want TO[/B], I dont care what anyone says, if we signed him, I would officially be comfortable with going into this season. TO, Santana, Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly. We would be set, keep Marko and Austin if he does his thing in the preseason.[/quote]

Relax, were just waiting for his $ to come down a few Mill. then he will be here. He currently want aprox. 6M. to sign. Once he agrees to 3.5M - 4M He's a Redskin. Unless the Bengals bite at 6M

CrustyRedskin 04-29-2010 07:38 AM

What about Billy "white shoes" Johnson? Was he not available? I say Charlie Taylor last winter he looked like he still had a few catches left in him.

sandtrapjack 04-29-2010 07:48 AM

Wow, yet ANOTHER 30-something player signed past his prime. How many does that make this off-season?

Kemoeatu
McNabb
LJ
Parker
Ryan
Galloway

Remind me again what has changed since Allen became GM?