Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Interested in TO (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10932)

celts32 02-01-2006 01:57 PM

NFL.Com: Redskins Interested in TO

[url]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9201384[/url]

A T.O. FOR T.O.
More and more, it's looking as if the Eagles are going to be able to extract some form of compensation for disgruntled wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King will be reporting on Wednesday night's Inside the NFL that the Redskins are the latest entrant into the T.O. sweepstakes, and definitely the most intriguing. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder thrives on making high-profile acquisitions, like this one would be. Plus, it would be yet another boost to a Redskins offense that already has added offensive coordintor Al Saunders.

But now that the Redskins are involved, and possibly willing to give up a first-day draft pick, the Cowboys are likely to follow suit. Hard to imagine Cowboys owner Jerry Jones just sitting back and watching Snyder add another marketable commodity to his stable in Washington without doing anything.

Also, Chiefs president Carl Peterson is saying that Kansas City needs to take a look at T.O., shortly after Kansas City's division rival Broncos brought T.O. to Denver for a visit.

The Dolphins are interested, the Buccaneers will be interested, and so, amazingly, there will be no shortage of suitors for Owens, who now looks destined to be dealt.

Smart money is now on Washington. Redskins are the favorite.

SmootSmack 02-01-2006 02:00 PM

Re: Redskins Interested in TO

Interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if they're doing this to try to force Dallas to give up more than they'd like to

(I've moved this thread to the Locker Room so we can all discuss)

Dana87 02-01-2006 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if they're doing this to try to force Dallas to give up more than they'd like to

(I've moved this thread to the Locker Room so we can all discuss)[/QUOTE]
I can't see that being the case. Do you really think we want to help the Eagles get more compensation?

celts32 02-01-2006 02:12 PM

Peter King mentions it himself also on SI.com:

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/02/01/five.things/1.html[/url]

1. I think, as I say tonight on Inside the NFL, that the Redskins will be a major player in the Terrell Owens sweepstakes before it's all done. And I think the Eagles, who a month ago were pretty sure they'd just release Owens instead of hanging on to him to try to get something in trade, now might actually get a mid-round or slightly better pick for him

drew54 02-01-2006 02:14 PM

Peter King is full of crap.

I refuse to believe it.

Let the Broncos have him.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 02-01-2006 02:17 PM

T.O. although a headache actually can get us over the hump. Him and Santana with portis in the backfield is a match in heaven. Look out in 06 for us to make a major splash.

TheMalcolmConnection 02-01-2006 02:18 PM

I'd love to see the Cowboys give up all that for him.

ALL that being said. If we do make a play for him and he does indeed come here. I feel confident that if any team can handle him, the Redskins can. If there is any team in the league that has such a team-first attitude, it's the Skins. They 1) won't put up with that crap and 2) TO HAS to know he needs to be on his best behavior if he wants to get a check somewhere else.

I'm not crazy about the idea of a hired gun, but if he comes here and he's wearing burgundy and gold, I'll cheer him just like Portis.

Speaking of Portis, can you imagine the Thursday press conferences if TO was there?! LOL

Carnage 02-01-2006 02:18 PM

i do not believe that the eagles would trade him to division opponent.

saden1 02-01-2006 02:18 PM

This is such bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the T.O. camp is spreading rumors about the Skins wanting him just to increase interest in him.

I'm sorry to say but the Jeff George experiment has scared me for life. No one can handle a bad apple.

celts32 02-01-2006 02:19 PM

I don't buy it either. Why would anyone trade for TO when the Eagles need to cut him before that bonus is due next month anyway? And why if the Eagles do have trade partners would they trade him inside the division? And I still don’t buy that the redskins even want him. None of it adds up…

And if there is any truth to it...then who in DC is talking to PK to give him this info?

Carnage 02-01-2006 02:19 PM

besides, TO never got the payday he felt he was due. Now, he will holdout against whatever team trades for him.

SmootSmack 02-01-2006 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Dana87]I can't see that being the case. Do you really think we want to help the Eagles get more compensation?[/QUOTE]

Yeah after I typed it I realized that we still have the Eagles to consider also.

MTK 02-01-2006 02:25 PM

You can't hate what the guy does on the field, but lordy... what a headache. I sure hope this doesn't pan out.

Daseal 02-01-2006 02:29 PM

The TO situation is a stigma. If the Eagles organization in fact did what TO said they did (wanting to get first contract done quickly and promising a pay-raise the next year) then I can understand his antics.

I'm torn about this. On one hand he's what every team wants, he shows up on game-day, he doesnt have any off the field demons you have to deal with (guns, drugs, etc) he's known as the hardest worker on the team. First in, last out type of guy.

Yet on the other hand he has the ability to tear a locker room apart, tax the coaching staff, run his mouth, and be an all around ass.

I was wondering when the rumors of this would sprout up. Let's not forget, Vinny Cerrato drafted TO and apparently is still somewhat in love with him. I said TO had to go to a team with plenty of veteran leadership where he wouldn't be the one people rally around, and I think we __MIGHT__ have that in the Locker Room.

If you show me a contract that protects the Redskins heavily, I give a weary okay. I also think this whole situation wasn't lost on TO, I think he learned a lot from this whole situation. The fact that a large faction in the Eagles locker room still supports him nudges me that maybe this is more on the Eagles than we see.

I certainly won't be the least upset as long as he gets out of our division. I don't want to face him twice a year, that's for sure (but he'd love to go somewhere he plays the Eagles twice a year.)

As far as Dallas, I was under the impression TO didn't like Dallas. One of my favorite celebrations ever is him on the star!

skin4Life28 02-01-2006 02:44 PM

I am to 50-50 on this. I mean the thought of having Moss, Owens, Portis, Cooley is a freaking nightmare for any defense. Then on the other hand you have the negativity that TO has brought two both of the teams he has played for. I don't know. But if he in some way is wearing burgandy and gold I'll be rooting him on. Number 1 offense in the league would be a lock along with possibly top 5 defense. Oh man gives the shivers thinking about that.