Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Case Keenum to the Skins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64341)

sdskinsfan2001 03-07-2019 06:34 PM

Re: Case Keenum to the Skins

[quote=skinsfaninok;1219586]Per sources, Case wants to go to AZ , He knows Kliff very well. This is a plan to deal him for Rosen after they take Murray..[/quote]

Why wouldn't the Cardinals just give Denver the same pick themselves and still try to get high pick for Rosen?

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 06:37 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1219588]why wouldn't the cardinals just give denver the same pick themselves and still try to get pick for rosen?[/quote]

probably has to do with contract, also skins couldn’t wait on az to pull the trigger.

MTK 03-07-2019 07:07 PM

Just hope this is a depth move and not a final answer to the starting QB question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 07:15 PM

At worst it’s a 1 and done for Keenum and this regime

Schneed10 03-07-2019 07:44 PM

Tank for Tu'a is underway!

You can't hate having a backup like Keenum for $3.5M. What sucks is there's no starter.

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 07:45 PM

Case isn’t bad enough to get a top 3 pick

Chief X_Phackter 03-07-2019 07:56 PM

AS isn't coming back this year. This is competition for Colt, and whoever else they trade for or draft. Pretty sure they're not done addressing the QB position, whether it's still a play for Rosen, or drafting a QB in the first couple rounds.

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 07:59 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1219597]AS isn't coming back this year. This is competition for Colt, and whoever else they trade for or draft. Pretty sure they're not done addressing the QB position, whether it's still a play for Rosen, or drafting a QB in the first couple rounds.[/quote]

Yeah at first I was mad but now I can see it’s either for 1 yr or it’s for a possible deal for Rosen. we’ll see

Chico23231 03-07-2019 08:03 PM

Just seems like we got a better colt...but then why have colt? Cut colt, sign JJ for cheaper and draft a QB.

skinsfaninok 03-07-2019 08:10 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1219599]Just seems like we got a better colt...but then why have colt? Cut colt, sign JJ for cheaper and draft a QB.[/quote]

Colt sucks, he’s no more than a backup. Case is way better and he’s not any good lol

Chief X_Phackter 03-07-2019 08:10 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1219598]Yeah at first I was mad but now I can see it’s either for 1 yr or it’s for a possible deal for Rosen. we’ll see[/quote]

Can't hurt really. I mean right now they have two QBs rehabbing from broken legs, one most certainly won't be ready to play this year, the other seems to find ways to get hurt every year.

This actually makes sense since they can't afford a Teddy Bridgewater like signing, and still have cap space leftover to improve the team. Hell, the Broncos are paying half his salary this year. I say the Redskins got a pretty good deal here. Not splashy, but good.

Schneed10 03-07-2019 08:16 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1219601]Can't hurt really. I mean right now they have two QBs rehabbing from broken legs, one most certainly won't be ready to play this year, the other seems to find ways to get hurt every year.

This actually makes sense since they can't afford a Teddy Bridgewater like signing, and still have cap space leftover to improve the team. Hell, the Broncos are paying half his salary this year. I say the Redskins got a pretty good deal here. Not splashy, but good.[/quote]

Agree it's a good move. They acquired a good backup QB at a fair or good backup QB price. But that's not a consequential move, a good backup isn't going to help you win more games. We still need the starter level guy.

Irrefutable 03-07-2019 08:46 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1219587]Yawn. Keenum is a stop gap. He's competition for Colt and the rookie.[/quote]

Are you the only one that understands this move?

Keep in mind Keenum had 3,500 yds 22 tds 7 Int. in 2017....slightly worse year than Alex Smith. And the cost is minimal by QB standards.

Skinsfanatic 03-07-2019 09:00 PM

So how accurate is it that we will be paying 3.5 million for Keenum this year? If that is true, this is a low-risk move.

rocnrik 03-07-2019 09:12 PM

I like the move.. ask the Vikings about getting rid of Case for Kirk.. how did that work out! I must be crazy but I would say Keenum is better than a reach at a rookie .. Arizona traded up to take Rosen and most think he sucks.. well if you believe that then this move ain’t all bad.. I refuse to bitch about every move this team makes.. let em win the season opener and half of you guys will be back on the positive vibe!! Colt McCoy can’t and won’t be the QB that wins games for us .. Keenum is way better than McCoy! With that said .. maybe still try and get Rosen IF the price is right.. if you think about it getting Case May help to get Rosen because now we don’t have to be desperate..let’s see what AZ does now..