Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Washington Redskins vs Detroit Lions Pregame Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54336)

Bucket 09-17-2013 01:30 PM

Washington Redskins vs Detroit Lions Pregame Thread

I don't know what to say about this game. I can't really see us winning unless something magical happens and the offense finds a way to get it's explosiveness back like last year. Could be another long day if not..

Redskins 22
Lions 33

MTK 09-17-2013 01:38 PM

Re: Washington Redskins vs Detroit Lions Pregame Thread

I think we're in trouble. Until we show we can stop anyone and get anything going on offense before the 3rd quarter (especially on 3rd down) I'm really worried about this one.

I could see Stafford going for 400+.

Chico23231 09-17-2013 01:39 PM

We are getting our 1st win this weekend folks

skinsfaninok 09-17-2013 01:41 PM

We win this game no doubt about it! This team knows how desperate this is and RG3 has a huge statement to be made.. I'm not predicting a score or stats I just say we get a W and then start a small winning streak.

skinsguy 09-17-2013 01:44 PM

Oh no, if Matty is having doubts, then I know the 'skins are in trouble! I just don't see the 'skins dropping to 0-3. As matter of fact, I see this game as the springboard to recovery - but I think it's going to be high scoring on both ends.

mredskins 09-17-2013 01:57 PM

Redskins 17 Lions 13

drumkat44 09-17-2013 02:11 PM

No way we go 0-3!! ....Right?? I think will win this weekend but it must be denial. Based on what we have seen nothing really indicates that we will win. We need the read option with RG3. If we can't then obviously that means he's not ready. If we are going to run our offense this way we are better off with Kirk. I realize it's only 2 games but at this rate I wonder how long it would take for Shanny to make a decision. I love Grif but if he's not ready how can we be effective?

DynamiteRave 09-17-2013 02:16 PM

They're not going to bench RG3, why people think Shanahan's going to bench him is beyond me. Yeah, RG3 is sucking right now but I think the only way RG3 hits the bench is if he's obviously physically hurting.

Otherwise, strap on your safety belts, we're going on a huuuuuge learning curve.

Anyway, in regards to this Sunday's game... I dunno man. The defense blows the offense blows. I just hope I'm wrong about this.

Lions 31
Skins 24

budw38 09-17-2013 02:48 PM

Wishful thinking here ..... Griffin runs for 100 yds , throws 3 tds and Reed also throwing a TD ..... we beat the cowardly Lions 37 - 33 .

Lotus 09-17-2013 02:53 PM

With a change in attitude, we will see a team so different that we will wonder who was on the field in Green Bay.

Skins 38
Loins 34

NC_Skins 09-17-2013 02:58 PM

If you want to talk about benching somebody, you should start with London Fletcher. Have you heard his name called in the past two games? He had 2 tackles (1 solo) this past game with a RB that have over 100 yards rushing. He can't cover in space, and now he can't even stop a RB from running.

Back to back RBs have posted 100 yard rushing games against us, one coming from a team that hadn't posted a 100 yard rusher in over 45 games.

Slingin Sammy 33 09-17-2013 03:28 PM

I'll never make a prediction against the Skins.

Skins:
Lions:

I'm afraid we're in for a long season, but on a positive note at least we'll be able to clean house with the coaching staff and get some high $$$ players gone that aren't producing.

Hall - $ 9M, Carriker - $ 6M, Morgan is OK, but not at $ 10M/yr., Josh Wilson - $ 5.3M, Moss - $ 6M.
and I'd seriously consider trade offers for Trent Williams ($11M) who I'm tired of seeing either reaching out for a missed blitzer or getting pushed into RG3's face.
Orakpo - $5M+ can be traded as well, for every QB pressure or sack he has, there's 3-4 plays where he's flying too far upfield and backs are cutting under him for big gains. He'd be much better is a traditional 4-3 where he can just get after the QB with his hand in the dirt.

MTK 09-17-2013 03:32 PM

^ Hall isn't making that much, remember they let him go and brought him back.

Rak is on his last year.

Can't trade Trent, he's one of the better LTs in the game. Crazy talk.

Monkeydad 09-17-2013 03:34 PM

Skins 35
Lions 27

NC_Skins 09-17-2013 03:36 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;1026468]and I'd seriously consider trade offers for Trent Williams ($11M) who I'm tired of seeing either reaching out for a missed blitzer or getting pushed into RG3's face.[/quote]

:laughing-

:laughing2

:lol:

:laughing2

nope. still laughing.

Skinzman 09-17-2013 03:40 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;1026468]I'll never make a prediction against the Skins.

Skins:
Lions:

I'm afraid we're in for a long season, but on a positive note at least we'll be able to clean house with the coaching staff and get some high $$$ players gone that aren't producing.

Hall - $ 9M, Carriker - $ 6M, Morgan is OK, but not at $ 10M/yr., Josh Wilson - $ 5.3M, Moss - $ 6M.
and I'd seriously consider trade offers for Trent Williams ($11M) who I'm tired of seeing either reaching out for a missed blitzer or getting pushed into RG3's face.
Orakpo - $5M+ can be traded as well, for every QB pressure or sack he has, there's 3-4 plays where he's flying too far upfield and backs are cutting under him for big gains. He'd be much better is a traditional 4-3 where he can just get after the QB with his hand in the dirt.[/quote]

Hall now makes 2.25 mil, Carriker, Wilson, and Moss took pay cuts, and Morgan is between 5-6 mil for this year and a UFA at the end of the year (with some dead money for next year). Orakpo is a FA at the end of the year, so to trade him, it has to be now or we need to franchise him then try to trade him next year.

And you honestly want to get rid of our best O-lineman that we have with the existing concerns that we already have with the O-line. And not having a legit LT to step up behind him. Really?

skinsfaninok 09-17-2013 03:41 PM

did u really just say u would consider trading the best LT in the NFC away?? Wow

NC_Skins 09-17-2013 03:49 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1026479]did u really just say u would consider trading the best LT in the NFC away?? Wow[/quote]

I think Sammy is watching the game inverted. While he thinks he's watching Trent Williams get man handled, it's actually Polumbus he's viewing. Fix those TV settings Sammy. :)

skinsfaninok 09-17-2013 03:51 PM

well i mean I just cant understand trading our BEST player on the team pretty much

artmonkforhallofamein07 09-17-2013 04:17 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1026459][B]If you want to talk about benching somebody, you should start with London Fletcher.[/B] Have you heard his name called in the past two games? He had 2 tackles (1 solo) this past game with a RB that have over 100 yards rushing. He can't cover in space, and now he can't even stop a RB from running.

Back to back RBs have posted 100 yard rushing games against us, one coming from a team that hadn't posted a 100 yard rusher in over 45 games.[/quote]

Boom goes the dynamite. Get Barnett ready cause London bridge has fallen down.

JoeRedskin 09-17-2013 04:35 PM

I was all for the resigning of London and openly admit I didn't think we overpayed.

I was very, very wrong.

Love the guy, but he is a physical liability. Barnett should start.

irish 09-17-2013 04:40 PM

I think that week 3 is a bit early for a must win game but the Skins really need to win this one.

The Goat 09-17-2013 04:45 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1026479]did u really just say u would consider trading the best LT in the NFC away?? Wow[/quote]

Williams isn't even close. Jason peters is the best LT in the NFC even coming off that gruesome injury last season. Okung is also better when healthy. Idk about others. Saints always have a solid LT.

Williams is the best olineman on the roster tho. Can't trade him.

Tiny12 09-17-2013 04:56 PM

I actually think Redskins win this one 31-27. I think this is a good defense for RG3 to get back on track

Ruhskins 09-17-2013 05:09 PM

[quote=irish;1026503]I think that week 3 is a bit early for a must win game but the Skins really need to win this one.[/quote]

It is a must win for a previous playoff team who gets blown out of the water in the first half of their first two games.

DynamiteRave 09-17-2013 05:20 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1026502]I was all for the resigning of London and openly admit I didn't think we overpayed.

I was very, very wrong.

Love the guy, but he is a physical liability. Barnett should start.[/quote]

Forgot all about Barnett. Has he played at all? He used to be damn decent back in the day, but he's a little on the old side as well.

And you know they're not going to pull Fletch. He's the NFL Iron Man. I guess he figures if he can't be proud of his play so far this year, he can at least keep that streak alive. :Smoker:

Tiny12 09-17-2013 05:21 PM

[quote=irish;1026503]I think that week 3 is a bit early for a must win game but the Skins really need to win this one.[/quote]

If you want to make the playoffs I'm thinking it's pretty close to a must win game. I'm not sure what the statistics are but I doubt many 0-3 teams make it to the playoffs...

SouperMeister 09-17-2013 05:24 PM

Detroit NEVER wins in DC and our team will be like rabid, desperate dogs. We got this one.

skinsfaninok 09-17-2013 05:24 PM

no its a must win game for sure

Tiny12 09-17-2013 05:25 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1026509]Forgot all about Barnett. Has he played at all? He used to be damn decent back in the day, but he's a little on the old side as well.

And you know they're not going to pull Fletch. He's the NFL Iron Man. I guess he figures if he can't be proud of his play so far this year, he can at least keep that streak alive. :Smoker:[/quote]

Is this where Nick Barnett landed? I thought he was playing for the Bills... I think he can still play it's sad to know he's wasting away on the bench honestly. He was good when healthy

Slingin Sammy 33 09-17-2013 05:39 PM

[quote=Skinzman;1026478]Hall now makes 2.25 mil, Carriker, Wilson, and Moss took pay cuts, and Morgan is between 5-6 mil for this year and a UFA at the end of the year (with some dead money for next year). Orakpo is a FA at the end of the year, so to trade him, it has to be now or we need to franchise him then try to trade him next year.

And you honestly want to get rid of our best O-lineman that we have with the existing concerns that we already have with the O-line. And not having a legit LT to step up behind him. Really?[/quote]
I thought some of the numbers might be off, should've checked the Cap Sheet date. Point is, if this season doesn't take a quick upswing...it's time for major changes.

TW is greatly overrated.

DynamiteRave 09-17-2013 05:48 PM

[quote=SouperMeister;1026511][B]Detroit NEVER wins in DC[/B] and our team will be like rabid, desperate dogs. We got this one.[/quote]

A Lions fan came on here and said the same thing, basically that on paper they should probably win but won't.

I just hope the team comes out and shows some heart.

CrustyRedskin 09-17-2013 06:05 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1026516]A Lions fan came on here and said the same thing, basically that on paper they should probably win but won't.

I just hope the team [B][U]comes out and shows some heart[/U][/B].[/quote]

I like your thinking Rave. And get off to a good start for goodness sakes!!!!!!

HonoluluBlue 09-17-2013 06:19 PM

If Bush and Fairely are 100% and our OC pulls his head out of his ass:

Lions 38
Redskins 20

If either of them, and especially Bush, is either gimpy or doesn't play and the coaching staff learned nothing from their awful play calling in Arizona:

Redskins 24
Lions 14

I fear the former. And here's this little intangible to make you guys feel better: Detroit has never won a single away game against Washington. As in NEVER EVER. So I don't feel so good about this one.

The Redskins will be fine, btw, once Griffin gets the rust out I think.

The Goat 09-17-2013 06:23 PM

[quote=HonoluluBlue;1026523]If Bush and Fairely are 100% and our OC pulls his head out of his ass:

Lions 38
Redskins 20

If either of them, and especially Bush, is either gimpy or doesn't play and the coaching staff learned nothing from their awful play calling in Arizona:

Redskins 24
Lions 14

I fear the former. And here's this little intangible to make you guys feel better: Detroit has never won a single away game against Washington. As in NEVER EVER. So I don't feel so good about this one.

The Redskins will be fine, btw, once Griffin gets the rust out I think.[/quote]

...like a small child who wanders into a conversation.

NC_Skins 09-17-2013 06:36 PM

[quote=The Goat;1026504]Williams isn't even close. Jason peters is the best LT in the NFC even coming off that gruesome injury last season. Okung is also better when healthy. Idk about others. Saints always have a solid LT.

Williams is the best olineman on the roster tho. Can't trade him.[/quote]

LOL.

[url=http://blog.redskins.com/2012/11/08/pff-trent-williams-among-best-in-nfl/]The Redskins Blog | PFF: Trent Williams Among Best In NFL[/url]

All this TW hate is amusing.

DynamiteRave 09-17-2013 06:37 PM

There's nothing wrong with Honolulu. He's been very fair in his assessment of the upcoming game. It's not often fans of other teams wander in and either 1) aren't total homers or 2) aren't trolls.

I value his opinion. :D

MTK 09-17-2013 06:51 PM

0-2 sure F's with people's minds.

Can't believe Trent is being tossed under the bus.

Unreal.

DynamiteRave 09-17-2013 06:58 PM

I can't figure out where someone said it, but they think the brace is slowing down RG3 and wanted to see him without it (or something to that effect)...

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246264/article/pierre-garcon-rgiii-cant-run-as-fast-as-he-did-last-year]Pierre Garcon: RGIII can't run as fast as he did last year - NFL.com[/url]

Lotus 09-17-2013 07:02 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1026529]0-2 sure F's with people's minds.

Can't believe Trent is being tossed under the bus.

Unreal.[/quote]

There's so much panic despite the obvious answer: cut RGIII and bring back Pat White. :)