Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Packers @ Redskins Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64179)

FrenchSkin 09-23-2018 11:32 AM

Packers @ Redskins Gameday Thread

Kick off in 90 minutes, let's hope the D keeps doing a solid job, the offense steps it up against a pretty week Packs D, and the Skins pull out the upset!

HTTR !

DynamiteRave 09-23-2018 11:36 AM

Re: Packers @ Redskins Gameday Thread

Shit weather in DC. Cold and rainy. Expect another half empty stadium full of Packers fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 09-23-2018 12:03 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1200925]Shit weather in DC. Cold and rainy. Expect another half empty stadium full of Packers fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't get it, do people get to buy tickets at the very last minute? Or they bought the ticket and just don't go?

DynamiteRave 09-23-2018 12:05 PM

DC is filled with soft transplants now. Nobody wants to rough it like the old RFK days. Bad weather and people sell their tickets.

FrenchSkin 09-23-2018 12:10 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1200927]DC is filled with soft transplants now. Nobody wants to rough it like the old RFK days. Bad weather and people sell their tickets.

But can it happen on the day of the game? Like the day before people plan on going, and in the morning they're like "F it, to cold, let's sell the tickets" and somebody buys a ticket a few hours before kickoff?

mooby 09-23-2018 12:16 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1200926]I don't get it, do people get to buy tickets at the very last minute? Or they bought the ticket and just don't go?[/quote]

Last week was a combination of fan apathy towards the team and what people thought was an impending hurricane that was supposed to hit.

This week will be interesting, crappy weather (not hurricane bad but still cold and rainy) combined with a terribly uninspiring performance last week might make it half empty again. Or who knows, maybe a bigger crowd shows up but half will be Packers fans because they are probably looking at us like we looked at the Colts last week.

mooby 09-23-2018 12:19 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1200928]But can it happen on the day of the game? Like the day before people plan on going, and in the morning they're like "F it, to cold, let's sell the tickets" and somebody buys a ticket a few hours before kickoff?[/quote]

Some people won't go because the weather is crappy and you can have a better experience at home, others won't go because the team looked like dogshit last week. But with the cost and time it takes to go to a game I don't see many people waking up this morning and just deciding to stay home for no reason. Most people decide ahead of time whether or not to go so they can at least sell the ticket if possible.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-23-2018 12:20 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1200927]DC is filled with soft transplants now. Nobody wants to rough it like the old RFK days. Bad weather and people sell their tickets.

To be fair it isnt like the team has given anything over the last 15 years to be willing to rough it out for

Defensewins 09-23-2018 12:24 PM

Losing combined with high costs to attend a game is more of the problem.
We start winning and make the playoffs and all of that changes.
Winning changes everything.

mooby 09-23-2018 12:24 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1200932]To be fair it isnt like the team has given anything over the last 15 years to be willing to rough it out for[/quote]

#Facts.

S/N I see we're wearing red on white again. Bring back the B&G!

DynamiteRave 09-23-2018 12:25 PM

Packers @ Redskins Gameday Thread

Looks like Bergstrom is going to be taking snaps and Rouiller is moving to LG.

This might get bad.

mooby 09-23-2018 12:27 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1200935]Looks like Bergstrom is going to be taking snaps and Rouiller is moving to LG.

This might get bad.

This is the part where we have to faith in Jay Grudes talent evaluation. We shall see I guess. I still have faith in Callahan though.

skinsfan69 09-23-2018 12:33 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1200935]Looks like Bergstrom is going to be taking snaps and Rouiller is moving to LG.

This might get bad.

Expect a lot of 2nd and longs after a 1st down run.

htownskinfan 09-23-2018 12:53 PM

Was just watching NFL matchup, two minute preview to the game on NFL app.They were talking about how the Redskins defense would’ve been watching film on Kirk cousins carve up the Packers secondary this week lol, how ironic.
They also said the Redskins lead the league in time of position, but the points don’t add up,Got to score more points. The packers are 30th and red zone scoring And the Redskins defense is 25th so something is going to give and I believe it will be the Redskins defense

NC_Skins 09-23-2018 12:53 PM

Alright chumps lets do this!

Leeerrrrooooooy Jenkins!