Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles Post game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64534)

SFREDSKIN 12-15-2019 05:19 PM

Eagles Post game

Haskins played his best game, McLaurin, AP, Anderson, Wes Martin, Danny Johnson, Way and Hopkins had solid games.

Get rid of Norman, Nicholson, Moses when the season is over, sick of these MF’ers!!

Refs sucked balls!!

CRedskinsRule 12-15-2019 05:24 PM

Re: Eagles Post game

Wonder if Urban Meyer saw enough to come coach?

Wonder if he can force BA out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 12-15-2019 05:24 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1239591]Wonder if Urban Meyer saw enough to come coach?

Wonder if he can force BA out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

He was McLaurins game guest.

CRedskinsRule 12-15-2019 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1239592]He was McLaurins game guest.[/QUOTE]He was talking with DS' new bestie Alex Smith

SFREDSKIN 12-15-2019 05:33 PM

Fuck this delusional asshole!!

[url]https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1206328421284040704?s=21[/url]

SFREDSKIN 12-15-2019 05:34 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1239593]He was talking with DS' new bestie Alex Smith

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

[url]https://twitter.com/jpfinlaynbcs/status/1206328766487810049?s=21[/url]

Chief X_Phackter 12-15-2019 05:46 PM

Defense was mostly garbage. Sims was terrible. I put the loss squarely on those two combined.

CRedskinsRule 12-15-2019 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;1239596]Defense was mostly garbage. Sims was terrible. I put the loss squarely on those two combined.[/QUOTE]Sims had some good and some bad. Very much a rookie WR

mooby 12-15-2019 06:16 PM

There was a lot to like.

Not many unnecessary sacks on Haskins today. He was getting the ball out quicker.

Nice to see Terry McC. making plays again. Haskins gets an assist on the td pass for getting the ball out on time and with an accurate throw.

Steven Sims, fantastic job toe-tapping on the TD catch.

We played a close competitive game with a better team (sure, not that much better but the Eagles haven't been in our class for 2-3 years now). I remember when we were begging for these types of games just a couple months ago.

Congrats to AP for getting to 4th on the RB td list, I doubt he gets to #3 with us but that's basically all he's playing for at this point anyways.

Ryan Anderson made a couple impact plays on the strip sacks. He was the lone bright spot on D today.

---------------------------------------
The bad:

Defense was mostly garbage, if they had held the Eagles on the last drive we're talking about a win today.

Haskins still had some rookie plays, throwing off his back foot to Steven Sims was one, the backwards pass at the end was another one. Anybody expecting things to just click for him in the span of a week is delusional though. Let's see how he does with a full offseason, a new coach, some offensive line help, at least one veteran wideout and 2 new TE's next year.

Steven Sims JR, sometimes you just gotta know when to go north-south. That 3rd down is one of them. The drops also hurt. You won't see the field if you keep dropping the ball.

A lot of guys on D. Where to start? All the miscommunications, leaving their #1 threat Zach Ertz wide open multiple times, several guys having quiet days (Mo Sweat was the big one for me), literally letting 1 wideout beat them multiple times (Greg Ward Jr), the run defense was super lacking. For a team with no wideouts they let them move the ball up and down the field all day.

Whatever coach on D isn't teaching guys to focus on securing fumbles first before they try to run with them. It almost burnt us again on the 2nd Wentz fumble. Somebody has to teach them to just fall on the ball.

Landon Collins - 84 million and you can't cover. If you paid 84 million for a solid run defender you overpaid by about 50 million.

-------------------------------

Shoutout to team MVP Tress Way. Would be nice to see him get some love from the NFL but I'm not holding my breath.

[url]http://www.tankathon.com/nfl[/url]

Draft rankings for anyone curious. Giants are still ahead of us because the #1 tiebreaker is strength of schedule.

Chico23231 12-15-2019 06:26 PM

Great effort today by the team...loss hurt.

That philly Oline is nasty, they give wentz just enough time and block really well to spring the running game. They get outside to spring a lot big tuns, impressive.

Haskins, Terry, oline, Ryan Anderson...big standouts to me. Moreland made a couple nice plays

Sims has the talent to be the slot, gotta work somethings. Landon Collins inability to cover and make stops is pretty fuckin frustrating...his payday has proven another dumbshit Bruce move. Holcomb attacks RB well, he has a problem with getting the QB when he has an open lane.

This offseason while Left tackle, Tight End are serious needs. We still need to look Cornerback talent (I’d look free agency)and we need to pair a real burner WR opposite Scary Terry.

skinsfaninok 12-15-2019 06:48 PM

The Eagles D is bad especially in the secondary but haskins made some great plays today and throws. Definitely happy to see it.

Scary Terry is straight up a baller, he will be a top 10 WR next year with the right scheme.

Wentz was great in the 2nd half and our D caved like it usually does after a lead.

Hopefully Urban Meyer takes the job, I think he'd be a great fit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mooby 12-15-2019 06:54 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1239602]The Eagles D is bad especially in the secondary but haskins made some great plays today and throws. Definitely happy to see it.

Scary Terry is straight up a baller, he will be a top 10 WR next year with the right scheme.

Wentz was great in the 2nd half and our D caved like it usually does after a lead.

[B]Hopefully Urban Meyer takes the job, I think he'd be a great fit [/B]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Terry McC said Urban was a guest of his for the game and it wasn't in relation to the Skins coaching search. Time will tell if that was true or not.

skinsfan69 12-15-2019 07:13 PM

Meyer would not be a good fit here. It's most likely going to have to be someone who can fit in with the current front office set up. Even if Bruce leaves Snyder isn't going to fire Doug, Smith and Schaeffer.. I just don't see a guy of his stature fitting in here. The only way he comes to the NFL is if someone gives him full control.

Irrefutable 12-15-2019 07:19 PM

[quote=mooby;1239605]Terry McC said Urban was a guest of his for the game and it wasn't in relation to the Skins coaching search. Time will tell if that was true or not.[/quote]

I doubt Terry McC has guest seats in the owner's box.

FWIW it is vital that they hire a good GM / Coach. They could have close to $80 million in cap space. And have a lot of draft picks.

Trade Trent, Ryan Kerrigan, and add a few picks.

Cut Norman, Reed, and Richardson.

skinsfaninok 12-15-2019 07:43 PM

Redskins players who could/should be released/traded in 2020 and the cap savings(plus replacement options):
Norman: $12.5M - FA/Moreau
Williams: $12.5M - Draft
Kerrigan: $11.75M - FA
Reed: $8.5M - FA/Draft
Moses: $4.85M - FA/Christian
Richardson: $2.5M - FA/Draft

$52.6 savings

*This is from Hogsheaven*