Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

skinsfaninok 07-05-2020 09:39 PM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1253939]So when I hear Red Hawk or Red Tail...seems like a cheap take on the Redskins. Like for me...it needs to be something completely new, not a knock off brand of Redskins.

That’s just me...Warriors just makes too much sense[/QUOTE]If they go to warriors I'd say Dan keeps logo and colors. It would be damn near Impossible to start from scratch by Training camp. Just go Warriors, HTTW isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mooby 07-05-2020 10:21 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1253940]If they go to warriors I'd say Dan keeps logo and colors. It would be damn near Impossible to start from scratch by Training camp. Just go Warriors, HTTW isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

That's the problem with Warriors, I just don't see the Native American tribes that have been bitching about the name for 20 years being ok with continued use of the logo. Any logo really, it doesn't matter if it's the main logo, or the spear logo, anything connected to Native Americans (without the specific endorsement of a specific tribe) would not fly.

FrenchSkin 07-06-2020 03:15 AM

[quote=mooby;1253946]That's the problem with Warriors, I just don't see the Native American tribes that have been bitching about the name for 20 years being ok with continued use of the logo. Any logo really, it doesn't matter if it's the main logo, or the spear logo, anything connected to Native Americans ([B]without the specific endorsement of a specific tribe[/B]) would not fly.[/quote]

So you would be among those thinking an endorsement of a specific tribe could make it work ?

mooby 07-06-2020 05:58 AM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1253948]So you would be among those thinking an endorsement of a specific tribe could make it work ?[/quote]

I think if Snyder was going to keep the name Native American-affiliated, he would use the endorsement of a specific tribe to make it work. I guarantee that wouldn't stop a different tribe (probably Oneida) from arguing against it though. And there's no telling whether it would calm the general public/corporate outcry either.

irish 07-06-2020 06:07 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1253680]Red tails sound lame[/quote]

Agree, Red Tails and Red Hawks sound like lame college nicknames. I prefer Warriors or Americans but think keeping the logo wont fly so that has to change too. If they stick with any old logo I think the spear (minus the feathers) is the least likely to cause trouble.

The Wolves could also be a name that works since the Wolf is an important animal to Native Americans.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 07:44 AM

Redhawks and keep the R Logo but add feathers to it?

irish 07-06-2020 08:05 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1253939]So when I hear Red Hawk or Red Tail...seems like a cheap take on the Redskins. Like for me...it needs to be something completely new, not a knock off brand of Redskins.

That’s just me...Warriors just makes too much sense[/quote]

Agree, the only reason they are even being considered is because the word "red" is in the name.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 08:07 AM

I'd be willing to bet Warriors is the way they go.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 08:09 AM

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcBsMXmX0AUmHgC?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

irish 07-06-2020 08:38 AM

I don't think the feathers will work. William & Mary (The Tribe) had two feathers for a logo and that had to change. Any Native American imagery is a non-starter.

BaltimoreSkins 07-06-2020 08:45 AM

Agree Irish. I am not even sure why we need to continue with a Native American branding

MTK 07-06-2020 08:48 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1253959]Agree Irish. I am not even sure why we need to continue with a Native American branding[/quote]

Seriously, clean slate, move the F away from all this mess so nobody can bother us again about the name.

And let the fight song die too if need be. Hail to anything other than Redskins is going to sound dumb and out of place anyway. Let it all go and turn the page.

skinsfaninok 07-06-2020 08:55 AM

Redhawks and Warriors are the top 2 still per Redskinstoday so we'll see lol

BaltimoreSkins 07-06-2020 08:58 AM

Not a surprise based on what we have heard and knowing how Dan wants to keep the NA imagery. Matty suggested Revolution. I liked that fitting for a Nation's capital based on citizen dissent.

Redskins247 07-06-2020 09:52 AM

[quote=MTK;1253960]Seriously, clean slate, move the F away from all this mess so nobody can bother us again about the name.

And let the fight song die too if need be. Hail to anything other than Redskins is going to sound dumb and out of place anyway. Let it all go and turn the page.[/quote]

Matty, I can understand why you feel this way and it's the easiest way out. I hate, HATE that they are forcing this name change and for all the wrong reasons. Personally, I hope Snyder decides to pick a name and logo that still honors Native Americans and keeps some semblance of the colors and logos that most of us have grown up cherishing. Because of liking the Redskins as a young kid, I read books and researched more about Native Americans than I ever would have if not for them, and I guarantee I'm not alone with that. So again, just my opinion...but I hope Snyder doesn't go all PC and pick something generic just to appease the masses. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!