Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Offense or Defense... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65020)

redskins1 06-04-2022 10:21 PM

Offense or Defense...

Which side of the ball should show the biggest improvement this season considering how bad we were on both sides last year....We have Wentz at QB which is a major up grade with talent all around him to support him..We should have just about every starter back on D with Chase Young return only in question on when... Obviously we need improvement on both sides but I believe the Offense will make the biggest improvement...How Do You See It?

Chico23231 06-05-2022 11:00 AM

Re: Offense or Defense...

The offense no doubt because of the QB with the addition of Samuel and the rookies.

The defense still has aLot of questions…but they are talented enough to be a mid to upper mid defense. Just being average would be a nice improvement

sdskinsfan2001 06-05-2022 11:04 AM

If Samuel gives us what he produced his last year in Carolina, this offense is going to be pretty fucking legit. Last year they were not.

I'll go offense.

Chief X_Phackter 06-05-2022 12:20 PM

The offense was mediocre at best all year, with noodle arm at the helm. I actually thought the defense played pretty well down the stretch with the exception of that three-game span where the whole team was devastated by COVID and other injury absences. The defense gave up 30 points per game over the first 7 games. Even with those stinkers against Dallas (x 2) and Philadelphia down the stretch, they only gave up 22 points per game over the last 10 games.

While both sides should show improvement, I think the offense [U]should[/U] show the biggest improvement this season - by far.

redskins1 06-05-2022 12:48 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1317252]The offense no doubt because of the QB with the addition of Samuel and the rookies.

The defense still has aLot of questions…but they are talented enough to be a mid to upper mid defense. Just being average would be a nice improvement[/quote]

I agree with ya...

skinsfan69 06-05-2022 01:04 PM

Defense even before injuries and Covid was terrible. Last on 3rd down. Blown coverages. How do you suck that bad on 3rd down w/ the supposed talent we have? So I will go offense.

sdskinsfan2001 06-05-2022 01:09 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1317258]Defense even before injuries and Covid was terrible. Last on 3rd down. Blown coverages. How do you suck that bad on 3rd down w/ the supposed talent we have? So I will go offense.[/quote]

You went with the who I think will suck less option lol.

What's your address? I need to ship you some kool-aid. We need to drink it now. A nice pitcher of kool-aid in the summer is quite nice.

KI Skins Fan 06-06-2022 12:12 PM

Offense. I think we're loaded and deep on offense.

redskins1 06-06-2022 12:53 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1317271]Offense. I think we're loaded and deep on offense.[/quote]

I totally agree...

FrenchSkin 06-06-2022 10:08 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1317271]Offense. I think we're loaded and deep on offense.[/quote]

Agreed. And while on paper this defense was supposed to be our strength[SIZE="1"] (fuck the t in this word, never know where to put it)[/SIZE], they've been disappointing, even 2 seasons ago I didn't feel like they were truly dominating at any point, we've lost Settle and Ioannidis, our secondary has to prove they can be on synch, and we still have a gaping hole of a LB squad IMO.

So hard to bet on this D. If they sign a proven MLB, I'll be more confident in their ability to turn things around though. And if they don't, JDR needs to be gone.

Ruhskins 06-07-2022 11:55 AM

Offense should see the biggest improvement, and by default, the defense will hopefully play to their potential with a better offense.

AnonEmouse 06-07-2022 01:22 PM

Can I vote Special Teams? :D

I think O will be greatly improved if only because we have legitimate big play potential. Less stacking the box and soft zone. And I agree, the D should play better with a better O keeping them off the field longer.

Chief X_Phackter 11-23-2022 10:14 AM

Guess we know the answer to this one now.

I can't verify it, but I read somewhere that PFF has Curl and Forrest as the #1 and #2 ranked safeties in the NFL through week 11.

Hopefully when we get Holcomb and Young back this D gets even nastier.

sdskinsfan2001 11-23-2022 10:54 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1330052]Guess we know the answer to this one now.

[B]I can't verify it, but I read somewhere that PFF has Curl and Forrest as the #1 and #2 ranked safeties in the NFL through week 11.[/B]

Hopefully when we get Holcomb and Young back this D gets even nastier.[/quote]

I saw the same. Hogshaven has an article up about our safety room.

EdmundDorf 11-23-2022 10:55 AM

Try this

[url]https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/20/the-washington-commanders-have-the-nfls-top-two-safeties-according-to-pff-kam-curl-darrick-forrest/[/url]