Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Joe Jacoby gets screwed again by the Hall of Fame (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65033)

MTK 07-27-2022 02:25 PM

Joe Jacoby gets screwed again by the Hall of Fame

@ProFootballHOF
The Seniors Committee has reduced its list of Finalists for the Class of 2023 to 12.

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Randy Gradishar
Chuck Howley
Cecil Isbell
Joe Klecko
Bob Kuechenberg
Eddie Meador
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Everson Walls

Chico23231 07-27-2022 02:33 PM

Re: Joe Jacoby gets screwed again by the Hall of Fame

Bullshit.

jamf 07-27-2022 02:44 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1318686]Bullshit.[/quote]

x2!

SunnySide 07-29-2022 09:41 AM

[quote=MTK;1318685]@ProFootballHOF
The Seniors Committee has reduced its list of Finalists for the Class of 2023 to 12.

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Randy Gradishar
Chuck Howley
Cecil Isbell
Joe Klecko
Bob Kuechenberg
Eddie Meador
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Everson Walls[/quote]

Only name I recognize is Sterling Sharpe.

You want to read something that will blow your mind?

He only played 7 seasons.

I dont remember the neck injury to cut his career short. I remember he was a bad ass on the field. This was before internet, back when the paper newspaper ruled all and you had to hope your pop didnt take it to work (or the bathroom) with him.

-------------

Joe Jacoby should be in there, I grew up on the Hogs and the Posse so im bias.

MTK 07-29-2022 10:56 AM

Sterling Sharpe should be in, dude was a baller, if not for the injury he would have been in a long time ago and would be regarded as an all time great

sdskinsfan2001 07-29-2022 11:13 AM

[quote=MTK;1318772]Sterling Sharpe should be in, dude was a baller, if not for the injury he would have been in a long time ago and would be regarded as an all time great[/quote]

I loved Sterling Sharpe. Definitely one of my favorite Non-Redskins players of all times. He was a boss. 100% a hall of fame talent.

skinsfan69 07-29-2022 11:16 AM

What a shame about Jacoby. How is Ken Anderson even on the list? Isn't the HOF for elite level players? Anderson was never an elite QB. Jacoby was an elite player for a long time. Media people should never ever vote on the HOF. You need to have a committee of former players and coaches.

sdskinsfan2001 07-29-2022 11:18 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1318775]What a shame about Jacoby. How is Ken Anderson even on the list? Isn't the HOF for elite level players? Anderson was never an elite QB. Jacoby was an elite player for a long time. Media people should never ever vote on the HOF. You need to have a committee of former players and coaches.[/quote]

Media and fans should never vote for anything. Let former players, coaches, and front office people vote for things like all-starts, HOF, etc.

irish 08-01-2022 09:44 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1318775]What a shame about Jacoby. How is Ken Anderson even on the list? Isn't the HOF for elite level players? Anderson was never an elite QB. Jacoby was an elite player for a long time. Media people should never ever vote on the HOF. You need to have a committee of former players and coaches.[/quote]

Agree about Ken Anderson. Also Joe Klecko. He was good but not HoF worthy.

Giantone 08-01-2022 11:00 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1318769]Only name I recognize is Sterling Sharpe.

I dont remember the neck injury to cut his career short. I remember he was a bad ass on the field. This was before internet, back when the paper newspaper ruled all and you had to hope your pop didnt take it to work (or the bathroom) with him.

-------------

Joe Jacoby should be in there, I grew up on the Hogs and the Posse so im bias.[/quote]

JJ should be in, just for the battles he had with LT if nothing else.

CrustyRedskin 08-01-2022 11:50 AM

[quote=Giantone;1318884]JJ should be in, just for the battles he had with LT if nothing else.[/quote]

And Too Tall and Randy White, and Reggie White, and the whole fn 84-88 Bears D.

calia 08-03-2022 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;1318884]JJ should be in, just for the battles he had with LT if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

LT always said he was the best, meanest O lineman he ever faced. That alone should seal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 08-04-2022 09:43 AM

On a side note here.. The NFL needs to change the "One team" BS.. So when Champ goes into the HOF as a Bronco we get fucked.. Same as TW, You know he'll go in as a niner

Onaroll 09-05-2022 03:27 PM

[IMG]https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTY5Nzc0MzI0NTAzMjkxMTM4/joe-jacoby-hof.jpg[/IMG]

one of the GOAT in the trenches! OF One of the Greatest Legends in All of Sports - The HOGS!

Onaroll 09-05-2022 03:44 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1318769]Only name I recognize is Sterling Sharpe.

-------------

Joe Jacoby should be in there, I grew up on the Hogs and the Posse so im bias.[/quote]

His oppoents: Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Randy White, Keith Malard, Charles Haley, Sam Mills, Ed Too Tall Jones, Dan Hampton, Mike Singletary, Ronnie Lott, Wilbur Marshall, Ron Rivera, Richard Dent, William "the Frig" Perry, Otis Wilson, Everson Walls, Deion Sanders, Dave Duerson, Steve McMichael, Gary Fencik, Erik Wright, Harvey Martin, Steel Curtain (Pittsburgh Steelers,, The Bees (Miami Dolphins), NY Sack Exchange, Carl Banks, Mike Haynes, Joey Browner, Jerome Brown, Nolan Cromwell, Andre Waters, Bryant, etc.

Yet, through it all, He played in Pro Bowls, Four Superbowls, winning Three, 5 NFC Championship games, winning 4, provided running lanes for three ICONIC Rushers (John Riggins, Joe Washington, Earnest Byner), help setting records for Passing, Receiving, ST's, Rushing, Rushing TD's, Most catches in History in the NFL at the time, Three "Different" Winning SB QB's with the same Head Coach, 6 Division Titles, 124 Wins under one coach, played injured with longevity at his position,

5 Time All Pro, with 2 First Team, 4 Pro Bowls

EVERSON WALLS???? REALLY???

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCFiWca8gYe1SsNtcvE9E7G9G1eP_C1s4sJw&usqp=CAU[/IMG]