Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32181)

Bigreds77 09-27-2009 07:41 AM

Re: Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions

How can I watch the game on my computer? I am a big Skins fan since 1971 but I live in Ohio & cannot pick up the game on TV.

cookskin21 09-27-2009 08:19 AM

justin.tv may have a link check it out...

44Deezel 09-27-2009 08:51 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;595723]Ball control by both teams has got to be the last thing I want to see in this game. Another close game that could turn on one play could be a recipe for disaster. What would have happened if Avery hadn't fumbled in the Rams game? I hate to think about it.

I think it would serve the Skins well to get up early on Detroit so the Lions start thinking "Oh no, here we go again!". If the Skins make the mistake of letting them stay in the game too long, this could be a another nail-biter.[/quote]

I concur. I would like to see at least 1 five play drive from the Skins. The NFL is a pass first, quick strike league. They need to develop the ability to get down the field in a hurry. They didn't get through their 15 scripted plays against the Giants until the 3rd Quarter.

SmootSmack 09-27-2009 08:53 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;595669]Here's the first part of an exchange between SS and I. I didn't know this prior to SS posting it.

[URL]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32068-only-two-good-decisions-jim-zorn.html#post593770[/URL][/quote]

What are we referring to exactly? Link didn't exactly work for me

SmootSmack 09-27-2009 08:57 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;595673]I guess you are talking about Zorn's end of year hotseat last year, and if that's the case, it would be a real bad thing. For me, I just can't believe that Snyder didn't have at least a 2 year window when bringing in a rookie coach. and I can't see him firing Zorn mid season. I agree that if he goes back to the Danny of old, we will a long season of discontent. But I honestly believe, and I'm not putting you in this group Sammy, too many fans out there want to believe the worst in Snyder, and not give him credit for significant changes in behavior that he has made.

I think he has set the team up well, even in the sense that if JC/Zorn don't pan out this year, then we drop the trifecta of VC/JZ/JC and we start fresh with a new front office and a strong Defense. But I also don't think it will come to that, and that this team and coach have the ability to be in every game until the clock expires. I also believe we will win more than we lose.[/quote]

If that's what we're talking about, then I just want to point out the thought of firing Zorn came from serious concerns that he had lost the locker room (or at least was losing it). It wasn't Snyder wanting to fire Zorn, far from it actually. It was just concern that things could get much worse.

CRedskinsRule 09-27-2009 09:46 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;595723]Ball control by both teams has got to be the last thing I want to see in this game. Another close game that could turn on one play could be a recipe for disaster. [B]What would have happened if Avery hadn't fumbled in the Rams game?[/B] I hate to think about it.

I think it would serve the Skins well to get up early on Detroit so the Lions start thinking "Oh no, here we go again!". If the Skins make the mistake of letting them stay in the game too long, this could be a another nail-biter.[/quote]

Well, it's not to hard to imagine.
Reality:
Avery fumbled in the redzone.
The offense drove the length of the field and could have scored a fg, but chose not to.(debated elsewhere)
Skins win 9-7

Fantasy visualization:
Avery was tackled no fumble.
D stiffened and held them to a FG.
Rams Kickoff
Rock returns it to the 27
The offense drives the length of the field and scores a fg
Skins win 12-10

I also think if JZ had need a TD to win, he would have made more shots into the endzone(i use the Giants game where we needed the TD and got it as evidence), but at the end of the game, he was playing more to win the game, rather than score a TD (i use the video clip, where he tells JC get the Firstdown, we win the game as evidence he was calling the game for the win, not the score). given all that my last fantasy visualization is:

4th quarter Skins-Lions
score 24-13 Skins up
1:59 to go
Skins ball at the 21 yd line of Detroit
Detroit has no timeouts
1st down JC takes a knee
2nd down JC takes a knee
3rd down JC takes a knee
Game over
:)

Slingin Sammy 33 09-27-2009 11:44 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;595673]I guess you are talking about Zorn's end of year hotseat last year, and if that's the case, it would be a real bad thing. [/quote]Yes, and agree.

[quote]For me, I just can't believe that Snyder didn't have at least a 2 year window when bringing in a rookie coach. and I can't see him firing Zorn mid season. I agree that if he goes back to the Danny of old, we will a long season of discontent.[/quote]We're on the same page here too, but if Danny was ready with the trigger finger late last year, locker room issues or not, if we drop the game today who knows. I'm not saying Zorn should automatically get a 2 year window, but unless the team is in complete disarray and Zorn has a great deal to do with it, he should be given this season and then be evaluated in the off-season.

[quote]But I honestly believe, and I'm not putting you in this group Sammy, too many fans out there want to believe the worst in Snyder, and not give him credit for significant changes in behavior that he has made.

I think he has set the team up well, even in the sense that if JC/Zorn don't pan out this year, then we drop the trifecta of VC/JZ/JC and we start fresh with a new front office and a strong Defense. But I also don't think it will come to that, and that this team and coach have the ability to be in every game until the clock expires. I also believe we will win more than we lose.[/quote]I've definitely been a defender of the FO against the type of fans you mentioned above, and agree with you. I'm just saying, I would've been extremely disappointed in Snyder if Zorn got axed at the end of last year and I'll be extremely disappointed if Snyder makes a irrational decsion on Zorn this year. iF that happens we're in for more than a season of discontent IMO